PDA

View Full Version : BEAT ST. JOE'S!

Jimminy Crimson
3/16/2008, 05:15 PM
:texan:

birddog
3/16/2008, 07:12 PM
it doesn't matter who we match up against. every year, i say"OOOOOOOh', that's a tough draw.

SOONER STEAKER
3/16/2008, 07:18 PM
Wow, they seeded us with a school named after a beer hall :pop:

birddog
3/16/2008, 07:24 PM
is bsu boise state? if we get past st. joes we have a great shot at beating the bsu/ul winner.

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 07:34 PM
BSU will not beat UL

101sooner
3/16/2008, 08:09 PM
BSU will not beat UL

Stop it.

Flying Scotsman
3/16/2008, 08:34 PM
Maybe???

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/16/2008, 09:30 PM
BSU will not beat UL

I suppose Louisville could manage not to show up but I've seen Boise play a little and I think in the Big 12 they would have finished behind Colo. Even without the football angle if we advanced and got Boise that would be a ideal draw to get into the Sweet 16.

Eielson
3/16/2008, 11:17 PM
is bsu boise state? if we get past st. joes we have a great shot at beating the bsu/ul winner.

Aren't we supposed to start bashing our team about now? Shouldn't we be saying how we're going to lose in the first round because Texas beat us so bad? I don't know, they just seem to do well when we least expect it.

cheezyq
3/17/2008, 09:15 AM
We need LittleWingSooner (aka NickZepp) to come on here and criticize Capel's coaching again. The last two times he's done that, we've gone on a 3 and then a 4 game winning streak.

;)

The Maestro
3/17/2008, 11:45 AM
Time for Capel to start off on a good note in the tournament. It took Kelvin about four good years to not make us a team known for losing in the first round. Even one win this year with the talent coming back next year and the additions will make for a good set up.

Getting to the final 32 would be a great year with what Capel had to walk into and the way this team has been up and down. Anything beyond that is gravy.

dolemitesooner
3/17/2008, 12:32 PM
GO SOONERS. If Capel wins one game I win be ****ing screaming his name.

NormanPride
3/17/2008, 01:14 PM
One game would make me happy. I wouldn't help but feel disappointed if we were one and done, along with looking bad. I think we'd have to look bad to lose to St. Joe's, unless they're a sleeping giant. :D

shaun4411
3/17/2008, 01:33 PM
21-12 and 9-7 in a conference ou would dominate.

unless i counted wrong, st joes has 4 seniors and 3 juniors. that is a pretty young team. not as young as ou. usually, at-large teams who arent in the national spotlight who make deep runs in the tourney are teams with a lot of experience and a few 4 year guys starting. that doesnt appear to be the case here. i think ou has the edge, but ole st joes has played well against the only ranked teams theyve played. their two best players are a 6'10 sr guard/forward and a 6'9 jr forward. meaning longar and griffin will have to play very well to win. i forsee the ou guards playing like we all dream them to play and perhaps johnson/godbold/crocker will be practicing their 3 point game all week.

mutual opponents: they lost to gonzaga at home in OT. other noteable games are against xavier (2-1) and almost won their conference.

their conference is pretty weak, and dont have many quailty wins because of it. but they have played well against a good xavier(ranked #10,#12, 26-5 and 2 of those were to st joes) team and lost by 4 in their only loss to them at xavier.

score prediction: Oklahoma 189- St Josephs 68

birddog
3/17/2008, 01:38 PM
189 points!! sweet. they must really be working on their 3 point shooting.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/17/2008, 01:58 PM
BSU will not beat UL

Neither will we...IMO. Gee I hope I'm wrong. I'll cheer for a win nevertheless.

StoopTroup
3/17/2008, 03:03 PM
We'll beat em like we Beat up an Eskimo Joe!

189 wOUld be cool to watch but 89 wOUld be nice too.

GO SOONERS ! ! !

I love this time of year.

shaun4411
3/17/2008, 03:14 PM
189 points!! sweet. they must really be working on their 3 point shooting.

60 three pointers, and 2 dunks from griffin, and 5 from the free throw line. ou will remove st joseph's big men from the game :D

LRoss
3/17/2008, 03:35 PM
I don't know much about St. Joes, but I'm in Louisville and just listened to some local radio on the way home. They actually laughed and said that they have "2 byes".

Do take note that they're the same tools who, before football season started, decided that really the only way that UofL would NOT go undefeated is if WV got 'em . . . .

MRNOTDUCKS
3/17/2008, 05:02 PM
I'll be rooting for the Sooners.

Gig 'em

Big Red Ron
3/17/2008, 06:07 PM
I don't know much about St. Joes, but I'm in Louisville and just listened to some local radio on the way home. They actually laughed and said that they have "2 byes".

Do take note that they're the same tools who, before football season started, decided that really the only way that UofL would NOT go undefeated is if WV got 'em . . . .
Tell them to ask Memphis and WV what they think of OU.

birddog
3/18/2008, 01:51 PM
louisville has kind of flown uner the radar this year. are they deep? would we have ANY chance if we get past st. joe's?

shaun4411
3/18/2008, 03:25 PM
a better chance than beating tennessee

stoopified
3/18/2008, 04:41 PM
Just some info to chew on before predicting an OU blowout of SJ.They are 2-2 vs. TOP25 teams(none of their games were vs. TOP10 teams).OU is 3-7vs. TOP 25 and 4 of those losses were to TOP 10 teams(KU,UT X3).

Statistically SJ's outshoots in every category:
FG 47.7-44.2
FT 72.8-68.1
3PT 38.5-34.6

I do think an argument can be made that OU's stats suffer because we played a tougher schedule but it looks to be a dogfight.I like the fact that it will be a true neutral site(unlike playing Syracuse in Albany for instance)

Eielson
3/18/2008, 07:28 PM
louisville has kind of flown uner the radar this year. are they deep? would we have ANY chance if we get past st. joe's?

Any chance? Yeah. Likely? No. We have no chance against Tennessee.

Eielson
3/18/2008, 07:29 PM
Statistically SJ's outshoots in every category:
FG 47.7-44.2
FT 72.8-68.1
3PT 38.5-34.6

We'll just have to take more shots.:D

Big Red Ron
3/18/2008, 10:03 PM
I think we beat St. Joe's and lose a heartbreaker to Louisville.

LRoss
3/18/2008, 10:57 PM
Louisville isn't GREAT, but they're pretty strong -- kind of like a better version of OU with pretty good front court play and not as good backcourt -- although they're guards are better than ours. Blake would still probably be the best player on the court, but at every other position (and coaching) probably advantage Louisville. I don't want to say we wouldn't have a chance -- that's why they play the games -- but it would take a great performance by our boys to pull it off.

Same radio show -- today somebody called in w/a Final Four prediction of Louisville, Kansas, Memphis, and UCLA. That's right -- the 1 seeds . . . and UofL. Ha ha, every school has their delusional fans.

Big Red Ron
3/18/2008, 11:18 PM
Louisville isn't GREAT, but they're pretty strong -- kind of like a better version of OU with pretty good front court play and not as good backcourt -- although they're guards are better than ours. Blake would still probably be the best player on the court, but at every other position (and coaching) probably advantage Louisville. I don't want to say we wouldn't have a chance -- that's why they play the games -- but it would take a great performance by our boys to pull it off.

Same radio show -- today somebody called in w/a Final Four prediction of Louisville, Kansas, Memphis, and UCLA. That's right -- the 1 seeds . . . and UofL. Ha ha, every school has their delusional fans.Sounds like OU-UT. NCAA is more about good-great guard play and let's face it, we don't have a PG. Not good for the NCAAs.