PDA

View Full Version : If OU had decent guard play...

Soonerus
3/15/2008, 10:28 PM
...they might make a deep run in the tourney...with the current group it is one or two and out..

SoonerBOI
3/15/2008, 11:04 PM
Cade played decent today.

Soonerus
3/15/2008, 11:07 PM
Cade played decent today.

Yes, like in average...

princetonsooner
3/15/2008, 11:14 PM
Why can't our men or womens teams shoot? At times they are both PAINFUL to watch.

TopDawg
3/16/2008, 12:26 AM
If OU HAS decent guard play.

There have been times this year we've had great guard play. There have been times it's been awful. Most of the time it's okay.

Like with every other team, it's going to depend on our matchups.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/16/2008, 09:24 AM

There have been times this year we've had great guard play. There have been times it's been awful. Most of the time it's okay.

The guards are decent and at times they have been good. Shooting has been wildly inconsistent from game to game and against teams with great guard play like Texas they get exposed.

Guard play will probably be a lot better next year with Warren. I'd love to see this team make it to the Sweet 16 but I'm pleased that we are going to be in at all and if we can win one there is no way that this season can't be considered a success given all the team has had to overcome.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/16/2008, 10:07 AM
Scotty R, I don't blame you dude. But, you'd be solidly in the tourney with a chance to compete had you kept your commitment.

stoopified
3/16/2008, 10:16 AM
The guards are decent and at times they have been good. Shooting has been wildly inconsistent from game to game and against teams with great guard play like Texas they get exposed.

Guard play will probably be a lot better next year with Warren. I'd love to see this team make it to the Sweet 16 but I'm pleased that we are going to be in at all and if we can win one there is no way that this season can't be considered a success given all the team has had to overcome.True dat.One thing I would like to point out about OUr guard play yesterday is AJ had TEN assistsand only TWO turnovers.Considerring how bad we shot that is AMAZING.Did anybody on this team have a higher one game assist total all year?

King Crimson
3/16/2008, 10:22 AM
we played pretty well for about 25 minutes, and then the train went off the rails. that's what i don't get about this team. it's not like it's the first time we play 10 minutes that look like Norman North could beat us easily.

the Reynolds decommit hurt and i still think we're a better team this year with Bobby Maze. but, that's the way it goes. if's and but's, candy and nuts.

If Hollis and Mookie were our backcourt, we'd have a better seed.

SoonerShark
3/16/2008, 10:36 AM
Scotty R, I don't blame you dude. But, you'd be solidly in the tourney with a chance to compete had you kept your commitment.

Agreed. And if James, who was purchased by UT when he went back to the market, and the recruit who went to UAB kept their commitments we would proabably have gone 13-3 in the Big XII and would be a top 12 program, about where UT is today. Kelvin maimed us by leaving when he did. Hopefully, the future will be brighter.

stoopified
3/16/2008, 01:22 PM
Agreed. And if James, who was purchased by UT when he went back to the market, and the recruit who went to UAB kept their commitments we would proabably have gone 13-3 in the Big XII and would be a top 12 program, about where UT is today. Kelvin maimed us by leaving when he did. Hopefully, the future will be brighter.James Mayfield(6'10 c/f) is the UAB player you speak of.

King Crimson
3/16/2008, 01:27 PM
Mayfield is less a factor than Clark on academics.

58sooner
3/16/2008, 03:29 PM
...they might make a deep run in the tourney...with the current group it is one or two and out..

Amen to that! Frustrating is the word!

MichiganSooner
3/16/2008, 07:28 PM
Why did Drew Lavender leave?

birddog
3/16/2008, 07:34 PM
he and sampson didn't get along.

Hella Sideburns
3/16/2008, 07:34 PM
Why did Drew Lavender leave?

he couldnt ride the rollercoasters at frontier city

stoopified
3/16/2008, 08:12 PM
Just an observation comparing point guards,OU's Austin Johnson has 97 asistsand 39 turnovers,Scottie Reynolds has 108 dimes and 95 turnovers.Just a little food for thought.Yes Reynolds blows AJ away in scoring and shooting BUT trails badly in A-TO ratio.

Big Red Ron
3/16/2008, 08:43 PM
he and sampson didn't get along.
Along with every other HS All American that set foot on campus during his reign.

the_ouskull
3/17/2008, 12:18 AM
Why can't our men or womens teams shoot? At times they are both PAINFUL to watch.

Because of Kelvin Sampson. His teams don't play offense.

Sin,
The Cleti

the_ouskull
3/17/2008, 12:22 AM

If Austin Johnson calls upon himself to score... well, shoot... then we're going to get blown out. If he plays defense, takes care of the ball, only shoots spot-up jumpers when he's wide open, and takes his man off of the dribble whenever he's able, and passes it when he isn't...

...we'll make the Sweet 16.

If he plays his usual game, we're one and done. We need Johnson to play intelligently, Crocker to play aggressively, and Godbold to play defensively. Also, if Longar has more turnovers than rebounds, we're 0 and done.

the_ouskull