PDA

View Full Version : That'll buy a lot of corndogs !!!!

Socrefbek
3/15/2008, 09:21 PM
LSU's Miles to Earn Over $3.75 Million a Year, Making Him Highest-paid SEC Head Football Coach
Mar 14, 5:07 PM (ET) Email this Story

By BRETT MARTEL
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -LSU will make Les Miles the highest-paid head football coach in the Southeastern Conference under a renegotiated five-year contract agreement signed Friday.

Miles will earn at least $3.75 million plus $1,000 a year in a deal that nudges him ahead of Alabama coach Nick Saban and makes Miles one of the nation's top-paid college football coaches.

Miles also is eligible to receive more money each year, depending on the team's performance on the field and in the classroom.

The contract adjustment was signed Friday by Miles and LSU System President John Lombardi. The university system's governing board must approve the deal at its April meeting.

Miles is 34-6 at LSU, with three lopsided bowl victories, since taking over for Saban in 2005.

Saban, who is guaranteed $3.75 million, was the SEC's highest-paid coach. Miles' new contract states he will be paid no less than the highest-paid coach at a public university in the conference, plus $1,000.

Miles' initial contract extension through 2012, agreed to in December, called for him to earn no less than the third-highest salary among all NCAA football coaches nationwide.

But when Miles and LSU began to negotiate a new salary after the BCS title game, they realized they could not verify salaries for coaches at private universities, such as Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame and Pete Carroll at Southern California.

LSU general counsel Ray Lamonica said that if another SEC coach receives a subsequent raise that's higher than what Miles earns, and if Miles then wins another BCS title, Miles would be entitled to another raise to again make him the conference's highest-paid coach.

RedstickSooner
3/16/2008, 12:43 AM
God, I loathe him.

KantoSooner
3/16/2008, 01:57 AM
It does sort of have the air of
"I'm infinity times better than you!"
"Oh yeah? Well, Infinity times plus ONE times better than you!"

Like listening to two 9 year old boys go at it.

Flagstaffsooner
3/16/2008, 04:21 AM
Hope that will cover his mental health care.

KantoSooner
3/16/2008, 04:35 AM
A straight jacket and a padlock on the door don't cost too much

badger
3/16/2008, 10:14 AM
Come on, guys. Les Miles and LSU deserve each other. It is the perfect fit for his mouth and their fans' mouths. Who has the bigger mouth? Come on, I dare you to try to see who has a bigger mouth between Lester and an LSU fan. Can't find any difference? That's why its a match made in hell.

Lester can stay at LSU. He'll blow big leads (Tennessee after Katrina), he'll make a damn fool of himself (everyday), he'll even invent some new rivalries (LSU/Bammer), but no matter what, he's still Lester and while he can get his team up for big games a la Buttlam, he'll always blow the sure fire victories or just get lucky enough to get more money.

HBick
3/17/2008, 03:14 AM
This will allow Les to keep investing in hats that actually fit his abnormally large head. I wonder what happens when (not a matter of if) his players under perform in the class room.

Outopia
3/20/2008, 11:03 AM
The LSU people really do smell like corndogs though, but they don't like to admit it. Some people can be soooo sensitive about such things.:les:

JLEW1818
3/20/2008, 12:31 PM
I dont like that guy!

soonerloyal
3/21/2008, 09:10 AM
Casting pearls before a swine...blehhh.

KentuckySooner
3/25/2008, 10:11 AM
I am getting stationed in Louisiana...cant wait to put poo in a bag, light it on fire, and put it one Miles' doorstep and ring. I just know he will step on it...bastard!