PDA

View Full Version : Well - That sucked

Melo
3/15/2008, 10:25 AM
We had physical training this morning. All the recruits got out and did push ups, sit ups and ran.

20 push ups, 35 sit ups, and a mile and a half in 17:00 later, I can admit that I hate my life right now.

At least I only had to go through the motions of throwing up without actually doing it.

:(

Tailwind
3/15/2008, 10:49 AM
Hey sweetie, don't wimp out on us now! You will be a stronger woman for this, I know. Do you have to do this every day? Ooooh dry heaves are fun. Not.

Chuck Bao
3/15/2008, 10:53 AM
Whats you talking about? You are totally enjoying this, or you wouldn't be posting about it. Heh! You are going to be one bad *** MF, probably you already are.

Major props to you Melo for making this decision.

Mixer!
3/15/2008, 11:00 AM
Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPwYWzrK1fc) some motivation for you, Melo. :)

Melo
3/15/2008, 11:20 AM
Hey sweetie, don't wimp out on us now! You will be a stronger woman for this, I know. Do you have to do this every day? Ooooh dry heaves are fun. Not.

Oh, I will do all the work and do what I have to do.
But I am a chick, so I still want to complain about it.
Im just thankful it is not hot out.
I have a bad feeling I will be off at Lackland at the worst time of year.

Whats you talking about? You are totally enjoying this, or you wouldn't be posting about it. Heh! You are going to be one bad *** MF, probably you already are.

Major props to you Melo for making this decision.

I enjoy running straight to the line and then falling on the ground. Might I add, out of 14 recruits at the track today, I was 1 of 2 girls?

Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPwYWzrK1fc) some motivation for you, Melo. :)

I dont know about all that.
Im sure Ill get to that point in the near future...
If I dont die first.

StoopTroup
3/15/2008, 11:42 AM
You probably just need to go for a walk.

Melo
3/15/2008, 11:51 AM
You probably just need to go for a walk.

Id rather not use my legs right now...
Not sure they WILL work.

StoopTroup
3/15/2008, 11:58 AM
It will get better.

Your gonna use muscles you didn't know you had.

They are just waking up.

Melo
3/15/2008, 12:02 PM
Theyre definitely awake...
They dont like it anymore than I did with waking up at 8 this morning.
:(

And Im watching a friends babies today. One of them LOVES crawling all over me. Like, laughing baby kind of love. And Im not sure its going to be so cute and awesome today...

soonerboomer93
3/15/2008, 12:05 PM
if the baby crawls right, it could be like a massage

proud gonzo
3/15/2008, 12:07 PM
if the baby crawls right, it could be like a massage
...that's a little creepy. :eek:

Melo
3/15/2008, 12:10 PM
...that's a little creepy. :eek:

No kidding....

crawfish
3/15/2008, 01:06 PM
Heh. Only took 10 posts to get there. :)

Flagstaffsooner
3/15/2008, 01:07 PM
I have a bad feeling I will be off at Lackland at the worst time of year.

:D

And there's a good time? I went in on 15 SEP and left on 30 OCT. It was hotter than hell when I got there and we were freezing our nuts off in the AM's when I left.

I cant wait to hear you bitch about the 'weaver'.
http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/basic_training1/images/DCS01860.jpg

SUCK IT UP AIRMAN MELO!

Ssgt Flagstaff

StoopTroup
3/15/2008, 01:17 PM
Wouldn't all of that come out in the psych test? ;)

SicEmBaylor
3/15/2008, 01:18 PM
It's probably meaningless coming from me, but I think what you're doing is really great. I'm very proud of you Melo. I always said that, aside from the tattoos and choice in men, you have a pretty damned good head on your shoulders for someone your age.

God speed my friend.

StoopTroup
3/15/2008, 01:23 PM
It's probably meaningless coming from me, but I think what you're doing is really great. I'm very proud of you Melo. I always said that, aside from the tattoos and choice in men, you have a pretty damned good head on your shoulders for someone your age.

God speed my friend.

I think you should consider joining instead of moving to Alabama. :D

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
3/15/2008, 01:27 PM
I think you should consider joining instead of moving to Alabama. :D

:pop:

Hey, I'll be honest with you...I wanted to join the army since I was old enough to walk. I wanted to be an officer in the armored corps even as a small kid -- when other boys were fascinated with airplanes, I had a major thing for tanks.

I just don't have the discipline or physical ability. In fact, I'm not real sure they'd even accept me considering how small I am. I would think that for the armored corps though that would be an asset, but I guess not.

If I had decided to join the military though I still would have finished college first, so I can get a shot at OTS.

SicEmBaylor
3/15/2008, 01:28 PM
Melo is a better man than I.
I think this is all sorts of great.

StoopTroup
3/15/2008, 01:44 PM
Maybe I should do a poll on who thinks you should join? :D

SoonerInKCMO
3/15/2008, 01:51 PM
SIGN HIM UP!!

Melo
3/15/2008, 01:55 PM
:D

And there's a good time? I went in on 15 SEP and left on 30 OCT. It was hotter than hell when I got there and we were freezing our nuts off in the AM's when I left.

I cant wait to hear you bitch about the 'weaver'.

First of all - wtf is that?

Id rather freeze my nuts off than sweat my balls off. I HATE being hot.

olevetonahill
3/15/2008, 04:11 PM

Id rather freeze my nuts off than sweat my balls off. I HATE being hot.

I dont think YOU have to worry about Either one !:eek:

Melo
3/15/2008, 08:10 PM
I dont think YOU have to worry about Either one !:eek:

How would you know?
;)

Flagstaffsooner
3/15/2008, 08:26 PM

It's a little jungle-gym thingy they have on the confidence course. Over the green and under the yellow.

Chuck Bao
3/15/2008, 08:28 PM
Don't ask and don't tell, right? ;)

olevetonahill
3/15/2008, 08:41 PM
How would you know?
;)

I hope you Dont anyway !

bluedogok
3/15/2008, 08:53 PM
My dad had basic at Fort Carson in the winter, I know many Vietnam vets that went through basic at Fort Polk during the summer, neither place is kind to you in their respective brutal seasons. I spent a summer doing a gas distribution survey of Fort Polk, the most miserable place that I have ever been. At least the humidity at Lackland should be little less, being from the Houston area would should be a bit more accustomed to it than my dad was with the cold going to Colorado Springs from Altus.

You'll get through it, congrats on the first steps.....

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2008, 09:22 PM
OTS at Maxwell in July= HELL!!!

Flagstaffsooner
3/15/2008, 09:43 PM
OTS at Maxwell in July= HELL!!!******* **** ****** ***** ******* Lt:D

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2008, 10:02 PM
Say what you will...but I'd rather do PT and march in 100 degree dry heat that Lackland has in July rather than 95 degrees with 99% humidity that Maxwell has in July!

SoonerDood
3/15/2008, 10:41 PM
keep up the good work Melo. You will lower your run time at BMT, but try and get in shape before that.

Melo
3/16/2008, 01:03 AM
I made the decision today that I REALLY liked how I felt later during the day after all the work.

It sucked during and after, but later on in the day, I felt great.

So I am going to continue getting up early, especially on weekdays, and doing PT on my own. Ive been making attempts at home, but now Im actually going to go to the track and run, etc.

I want to be ready for basic.

AlbqSooner
3/16/2008, 07:06 AM
It's a little jungle-gym thingy they have on the confidence course. Over the green and under the yellow.

It wasn't color coded when I went through basic. After watching some of my fellow basic trainees try to get through it I can understand why they did that.:D

BigRedJed
3/16/2008, 10:59 AM
Melo is a better man than I...
Did we ever have any doubt?

Flagstaffsooner
3/16/2008, 11:09 AM
Now I will advise you about KP. When your flight has to do it avoid pots & pans and the 'clipper'. Most of the other jobs are okay.

SoonerStormchaser
3/16/2008, 07:46 PM
My brother told me about that...said it was teh MAJOR succ!