PDA

View Full Version : Freethrows

BarryBnds
3/15/2008, 10:07 AM
Am I the only one that thinks we are going to get beat early in the NCAA tourney because we can't shoot free throws down the stretch?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/15/2008, 04:16 PM
Am I the only one that thinks we are going to get beat early in the NCAA tourney because we can't shoot free throws down the stretch?

No. You are the only one who thinks Barry Bonds is clean.:D

King Crimson
3/15/2008, 04:32 PM

not much of an argument, we've been bad to mediocre and occasionally average *all year* from the free throw line and especially down the stretch (with occasional step ups from Crocker and Blake, sometimes AJ). and we've won more close games than we've lost despite bad FT shooting.....witness our 10-21 net scorching from the stripe against CU.

if we win our first round game it's all gravy thereafter.

Eielson
3/15/2008, 05:32 PM

Probably not. I think most people think we'll get beat early in the tourney because we just can't hang with a 2 seed.

limitedvista
3/15/2008, 11:33 PM
if we win our first round game it's all gravy thereafter.

With this team, this year, the fact that we get a first round game is gravy.

TopDawg
3/16/2008, 12:29 AM

Was "No Free Throw Attempts For OU Down The Stretch In The Tournament" a condition of our NCAA sanctions?

;)

tulsaoilerfan
3/16/2008, 02:38 AM
if by some chance they make the Sweet 16 Capel should be the coach of the decade in the big 12

badger
3/16/2008, 10:23 AM
Either way, a first round ouster or a Sweet 16, Capel should get a fat raise from Fat Sandwich Company on Campus Corner :D

OUfan7
3/16/2008, 12:20 PM
I wish we could just average over 1.1 points per minute. OUr offense is about as exciting as watching paint dry. I know every team goes through a drought but we do it 3 or 4 times a game. Against Texass yesterday we got outscored 29-16 to end the 1st half and then we turn around and get outscored 41-13 to end the game.

Vegas Sooner
3/16/2008, 03:40 PM
...Blake really struggles with them and then the other teams play hack-a-shaq