3/13/2008, 10:52 PM
This is what I was thinking Oklahoma's starting lineup will be for the
2008-2009 season...

F 6'9" Blake Griffin
F 6'9" Ryan Wright
G 6'6" Tony Crocker
G 6'3" Austin Johnson
G 6'3" Willie Warren

Honestly, that to me looks like a very solid lineup. You've got a penetrator at the point guard position in Willie Warren. You've got a spot up shooter at the 2 guard in Austin Johnson. You've got a slasher/swingman at the 3 spot in Tony Crocker. And you've got a couple beasts in the post with Griffin and Wright.

What do you guys think? Boomer Sooner!

birddog
3/13/2008, 11:58 PM
looks pretty damn solid to me. if blake sticks around we'll be a top 10-15 team entering the year. our bench will be really deep for the first time in a long time. that's more important than the actual starting 5.

crawfish
3/14/2008, 07:15 AM
TGriffin over Wright...at least to start with.

But other than that, looks solid.

OUSKINS
3/14/2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah, TG starts next year. It's all about BG. If he's back, we're in the national picture entering next year. If he goes to the NBA, we're probably in a similar position to where we are this year--just with our strengths and weaknesses flip-flopped.

the_ouskull
3/14/2008, 01:31 PM
2008-2009 season...

F 6'9" Blake Griffin
F 6'9" Ryan Wright
G 6'6" Tony Crocker
G 6'3" Austin Johnson
G 6'3" Willie Warren

Honestly, that to me looks like a very solid lineup. You've got a penetrator at the point guard position in Willie Warren. You've got a spot up shooter at the 2 guard in Austin Johnson. You've got a slasher/swingman at the 3 spot in Tony Crocker. And you've got a couple beasts in the post with Griffin and Wright.

What do you guys think? Boomer Sooner!

I think that we'd be expecting a lot from Wright and Warren to come in and start right away, first of all... BUT, if they're good enough to do so, then we'll be fine. However, I see that and I also think that, if Austin Johnson is still getting significant minutes on next year's team, it is either going to be injury-related, or it will be because he stopped jacking up three pointers from 5' beyond the arc only 5 seconds into our possession. He's awful.

I think we're more likely to see:

1 - AJ
2 - Warren
3 - Crocker
4 - Taylor
5 - Blake

But, until we have a point guard that knows how to manage a game instead of play it, we're not going to be a team to be taken completely seriously. If Warren can play the point, and is good enough to start, then a lineup of:

1 - Warren
2 - Crocker
3 - whoever
4 - Taylor
5 - Blake

...wouldn't be a bad start either. Also, if Leary improves enough to be able to run the team, then a lineup of:

1 - Leary
2 - Warren
3 - Crocker
4 - Taylor
5 - Blake

...would be downright nasty. They'd be able to run AND play the halfcourt game, and, with the exception of Leary (why are all of our 1's full-grown midgets?) we'd be fairly solid defensively too, assuming that Warren plays D like a young, talented freshman instead of a top college prospect high school senior.

the_ouskull

joeTsooner
3/14/2008, 01:39 PM
I hadn't even looked at like that, but i say damn!

I think we can most def slug with the Kansas and Texas next year

stoopified
3/14/2008, 04:18 PM
2008-2009 season...

F 6'9" Blake Griffin
F 6'9" Ryan Wright
G 6'6" Tony Crocker
G 6'3" Austin Johnson
G 6'3" Willie Warren

What do you guys think? Boomer Sooner!That is the lineup I was figuring on.Only difference is I figure AJ at point and WW on the wing.In reality OU will still be w/o a protype pointguard,WW being a combo who can create but isn't a guy who is going to run half court offense.That of course is IMHO based on what I have read and hears as well as the Title game I watched Warren play .

Remembering Tom Stidham
3/14/2008, 04:33 PM
Willie Warren will an All-American as a freshman. He is OUTSTANDING!!