PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the cap to Doug Gotlieb...

Thousands Strong
3/13/2008, 09:40 PM
During halftime of ISU/A&M game tonight, ESPN shows highlights of ASU/USC from the pac 10 tourney.

The last highlight is from the end of the game where an ASU player gets called for a (bogus/ridiculous/phantom) charging foul on a follow-up dunk, and it costs ASU the game. Gotlieb's comment as the play unfolds:

"Oklahoma football fans are familiar with this....BAD Pac-10 officiating!"

Nicely done, Doug. Nicely done.

Curly Bill
3/13/2008, 09:53 PM
:D

Vegas Sooner
3/13/2008, 10:27 PM
...saw that.

goingoneight
3/13/2008, 10:50 PM
He's been trying to kiss up after all the **** he used to talk about us.

Nate Hybl is not amused.

KantoSooner
3/13/2008, 10:51 PM
keep it up. These things tend to build over time. Sooner or later, one or more Pac10 refs will crack and do the right thing: blow a 12 gauge shotgun.

goingoneight
3/13/2008, 10:54 PM
They already blow, Kanto. :D

OUmillenium
3/14/2008, 10:17 AM
Nice one Doug

stoopified
3/14/2008, 10:24 AM
Every time I read something positive about Gootlieb it makes me feel dirty.I need a hot shower,NOW.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/14/2008, 10:26 AM
Every time I read something positive about Gootlieb it makes me feel dirty.I need a hot shower,NOW.

Yeah..I give no props to Doug no matter what he says

Sooner_Bob
3/14/2008, 10:48 AM
Cut 'ol Dougie some slack . . . he may be annoying, but he . . . well he is annoying.

Nevermind.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/14/2008, 10:51 AM
Odds are when you have a job where you talk all the time, eventually something that makes sense will accidentally come out....But I m sure it was just a moment for him

sooner518
3/14/2008, 10:57 AM
I dont generally mind him. although he kept going crazy about Pat Ewing Jr dunking and hanging onto the rim last night and asking why it wasnt a technical foul when there were 2 dudes right underneath him. he mentioned it like 5 times and every time I just wanted to jump into the TV and shake him!

OUmillenium
3/14/2008, 11:23 AM
I dont generally mind him. although he kept going crazy about Pat Ewing Jr dunking and hanging onto the rim last night and asking why it wasnt a technical foul when there were 2 dudes right underneath him. he mentioned it like 5 times and every time I just wanted to jump into the TV and traumatically decapitate him!

fixed

fadada1
3/14/2008, 11:40 AM
doug was a hell of a shooter with a hella sweet jumpshot.

sooneron
3/14/2008, 03:31 PM

Don't forget the plastic!

SoonerShark
3/14/2008, 09:32 PM
Gotlieb knows quite a bit about sports that goes well beyond his relatively few years on this earth. His sense of sport's history often amazed me when he was in the OKC radio market. He always called it like he saw it and generally had the facts to back it up. OSU fans were angry with him for not following the O-Aggie party line.

Clock Studies
3/15/2008, 06:15 AM
Whatever. He's still a little turd.

I'd rather listen to fingernails on the chalkboard than hear that pompous little dork talk about anything.

He really does suck. I'm serious.

P.S. Anyone with a brain will spek me for the above common sense I added to this out of control thread.

Flagstaffsooner
3/15/2008, 06:31 AM
Whatever. He's still a little turd.

I'd rather listen to fingernails on the chalkboard than hear that pompous little dork talk about anything.

He really does suck. I'm serious.

P.S. Anyone with a brain will spek me for the above common sense I added to this out of control thread.Noob, you should know that asking for spek gets you negged. Just a warning.

Clock Studies
3/15/2008, 06:46 AM
Noob, you should know that asking for spek gets you negged. Just a warning.

I ain't no noob. :mad:

Used to go by SuperOkie back in the day ('99 - '03). Still do over at Rivals.

Point taken on the spek thing, though. Did not know that.

That being said, if someone wants to neg me for calling out Gotlieb, have at it. Good luck sleeping at night.

OU4LIFE
3/15/2008, 08:31 AM

Has anyone seen my wallet?

okienole3
3/15/2008, 08:55 AM
Anyone who doesn't appreciate Gotlieb just has an anti-OSU bias, which is fine I guess. He is very knowledgeable about college basketball and is a great color guy and an even better studio guy. On top of that his radio show is one of the best out there. I agree with SoonerShark on this one.

XingTheRubicon
3/15/2008, 09:02 AM
If Gotlieb's last name was Miller, he'd be working at Johnson's of Kingfisher.

Clock Studies
3/15/2008, 10:00 AM
Anyone who doesn't appreciate Gotlieb just has an anti-OSU bias, which is fine I guess. He is very knowledgeable about college basketball and is a great color guy and an even better studio guy. On top of that his radio show is one of the best out there. I agree with SoonerShark on this one.

:eek:

It isn't anti-OSU bias, it's anti-asshat bias.

I actually tried to like him when he first started, mainly because I felt sorry for him at OSU (free throws).

He's not dumb, but he's not NEAR as smart as he thinks he is.

I despise the dweeb.

You should, too.

colleyvillesooner
3/15/2008, 10:19 AM

You obviously missed the last OU/OSU Bball game he worked.

OU4LIFE
3/17/2008, 07:06 AM
It's not an osu thing, he didn't steal credit cards and get kicked out of osu.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/17/2008, 10:36 AM
So if you don't like DG then its anti osu bias?..Ok

Guess I need to start disliking pat jones too then.

Dan Thompson
3/17/2008, 08:54 PM
AND, with that win USC is 21-11 and was able to make to make the Midwest Regionals.

goingoneight
3/17/2008, 09:46 PM
So if you don't like DG then its anti osu bias?..Ok

Guess I need to start disliking pat jones too then.

Great point. Jones is the only reason I fight through the shriel voice of Jerkens to listen... but only during football season.

Gotlieb... hmmm... don't hate him, but have no desire to listen to him. Same reason I have no desire to listen to Mark May, Lou Holtzchshsihjfl;kjqfklefakejbf or Notre Davie. Quit trying to sound professional and just say when you don't like someone or something, ah-ight?