PDA

View Full Version : Is Colorado a bad match up for us?

Big Red Ron
3/13/2008, 04:38 PM
Or did we just have a bad game there earlier in the year?

Youngsooner
3/13/2008, 04:39 PM
I think we just were off sync and had a terrible game... i could be wrong but they're at the bottom of the big 12 for a reason... i just hope the team doesn't over look them. Boomer Sooner

Readyfor8
3/13/2008, 04:43 PM
I think them playing a 2OT game is good news for us. You know they are going to be tired tomorrow, and I think Baylor is always a threat even when they are down by 14.

This is good news for us, just get on top early and beat them down inside.

Mudskipper
3/13/2008, 04:45 PM
Wasn't Longar out when we played them earlier?

sooner518
3/13/2008, 04:45 PM
I went to that game and we played absolutely terrible. We couldnt hit anything from outside and we had ALOT of open looks. Pound inside early and often and let that trickle outside. I think we'll bea tthose chumps

The Maestro
3/13/2008, 04:46 PM
Colorado as played 17 games against Big 12 teams and won 4. Yes, one was against us but that was at home.

This is a good thing...for our seeding sake. We might could end up a 5.

jdsooner
3/13/2008, 04:46 PM
I think this is good for us. We should be looking for payback and it would have been tough to beat Baylor for the third time. We need to get ahead early and wear out a team that should tire in the second half.

birddog
3/13/2008, 04:50 PM
i would definitely rather play cu than bu. we have something to prove against the buffs. bu, not so much.

does that loss knock bu out of a tourney bid?

Mudskipper
3/13/2008, 04:51 PM
Colorado as played 17 games against Big 12 teams and won 4. Yes, one was against us but that was at home.

This is a good thing...for our seeding sake. We might could end up a 5.

won't hurt that West Virginia upset UConn

Mudskipper
3/13/2008, 04:54 PM
i would definitely rather play cu than bu. we have something to prove against the buffs. bu, not so much.

does that loss knock bu out of a tourney bid?

I bet they are still in, 21 wins, 9-7 in conference plus a feel good story as all the announcers always like to point out.....but it should drop their seed a bit

bri
3/13/2008, 05:13 PM
I don't think this affects our seeding, seeing as how we figured to win our first game anyways. Now, if Texas and Kansas both lose tomorrow, then maybe we can string together a run and move ouselves up a couple of slots, but truth be told I'd be happy with a 7 or 6. I don't want a 5 'cause it moves us up into one of those 5-12 matchups that are always set up to be the big first round upset. 8 or 9 is right out 'cause you've gotta play a 1 in the first weekend.

SleestakSooner
3/13/2008, 05:21 PM
We'll see tomorrow how the team and Coach Capel react in a win or go home situation. It is great to be in the position to go to the big dance even if OU loses. But I believe this team has more to prove and should be playing to win.

It would be awesome to payback all the teams that had blowout wins against the Sooners on the way to another Big X11 championship!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/13/2008, 10:10 PM
We were 4-26 from 3-pt range in the last game if I remember right. Colo is going to have a limited amount of gas in the tank tommorrow, the game isn't in Boulder so there will be about 75 Colo fans at the game and I see NO WAY that we shoot as bad as we did against them last time.

We have to show up to play but I see us winning by at least 15 tommorrow. If we get an early lead there is potential for a serious blowout.

Vegas Sooner
3/13/2008, 10:35 PM
payback bitches!

OUSKINS
3/14/2008, 07:10 AM
Here's the deal with the Buffs:

I REALLY like Bzdelik. I think he was a really solid hire for that type of program. He's got NBA pedigree and is a well respected coach. He's already "been around" so I doubt he's in any big hurry to leave Colorado. The Princeton offense is a bit archaic, but when coached well, it is still very effective. It sounds as if his first recruiting class is decent next year, so I'd be happy if I were a Buffs fan.

So, I suppose a well coached team is always a bit dangerous.

HOWEVER,

Colorado isn't good. The just don't have any talent at all. Roby is the only player on that roster that would even crack most B12 rotations. He's a good player, but hardly a star. They have a few other guys who are decent, but no one that I'd want anywhere near Norman.

They play hard, they try to run that offense as best they can, but the players just aren't in place.

How did they beat us in Boulder and beat Baylor yesterday?

Honestly, I think it's simply a case of the sun shining on a dog's behind from time to time. You can't lose em' all. And as I've said, they are well coached, so they are bound to win a few here and there. We were miserable on both ends of the floor in that game, and they got hot early. They threw in a bunch of shots they usually miss.

Yesterday against Baylor, the Buffs probably played their best basketball of the season in the 1st half. They were excellent (I'm having tile floors installed in my kitchen right now, so I "had" to stay home these past two days and I got to watch the games) :). Baylor is the worst defensive team in the conference, and maybe one of the worst in the nation, and CU exploited them. For some reason, it took Baylor an entire half to change their defense and defend the backdoor screens-- and they never really got it right.

In the 2nd half, CU came back to earth. Their shooters went cold. But they did just enough to stay in the game, and Baylor was unable to close them out when they had their chances.

Odds are that CU comes back to the law of averages today. I don't see them staying hot for two games in a row. If they were capable of doing that, it would have shown by this point in the season.

Of course, we can't just "show up" and expect to win, but even if we bring our "B" game, I'd expect a 10-12 point victory. If we play well, we'll win this game easily. If we play average, we'll win by 5-6. If we play horribly, we could still win a close one. If we play as miserably as we did in Boulder, then we'll lose. But I don't see that happening.

Sooners 68
Buffs 56

Salt City Sooner
3/14/2008, 12:03 PM
The Princeton offense
That right there is the key IMO. It's not necessarily that it's all that great of an offense, but rather that they're pretty much the only ones in the league running it, & when you don't see something on at least a semi-regular basis, it makes it all that much harder to prepare for (kind of like what the football team had to deal with vs. WVU).

Civicus_Sooner
3/14/2008, 12:26 PM
I think Roby will play in the NBA. Can you imagine how good we'd be this year with a Senior like him in the lineup?

Pricetag
3/14/2008, 12:31 PM
I bet they are still in, 21 wins, 9-7 in conference plus a feel good story as all the announcers always like to point out.....but it should drop their seed a bit
I think they're in, too, but they'll be popping Tums all weekend, especially if any of the top teams get upset in their conference tourneys and take up an at-large bid.

King Crimson
3/14/2008, 12:31 PM
CU's Marcus Hall would have started for us most of the year.

the key is what % CU shoots from beyond the arc. if it's 40% or more, they are tough. if not, they have trouble running their O because teams don't have to stretch on D. they have very little post production, which made Baylor a good matchup for them. BU doesn't have any either.

same with the FT line. they, like us, are a mediocre FT shooting team. one game go 11-21 and the next 18-21.

Civicus_Sooner
3/14/2008, 01:11 PM
I didn't realize Col. has been this competative, their losses include a two-point loss at Texas, a one-point loss at Oklahoma State and a six-point loss at Kansas State.

OU 67
CU 60

King Crimson
3/14/2008, 01:17 PM
I didn't realize Col. has been this competative, their losses include a two-point loss at Texas, a one-point loss at Oklahoma State and a six-point loss at Kansas State.

OU 67
CU 60

they've blown a ton of second half leads this year as well. they blew a game against Missouri in Boulder, like 15 point lead in the last 5 minutes. they could easily have 6 wins in conference, any more than that would be pushing it.

NormanPride
3/14/2008, 04:06 PM
We were 4-26 from 3-pt range in the last game if I remember right. Colo is going to have a limited amount of gas in the tank tommorrow, the game isn't in Boulder so there will be about 75 Colo fans at the game and I see NO WAY that we shoot as bad as we did against them last time.

We have to show up to play but I see us winning by at least 15 tommorrow. If we get an early lead there is potential for a serious blowout.

lolwut

19-58 6-23 10-19

SleestakSooner
3/14/2008, 05:22 PM
I would like to thank the snowflake bison for taking out da green bears and playing worse than the Sooners did today :O

Sooner magic may need to show itself tomorrow if OU wants to advance past UTex

GoBuffs99
3/15/2008, 01:48 AM
Good win Sooners. Good luck vs Texass. I hope you beat their arses.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/15/2008, 09:40 AM
lolwut

19-58 6-23 10-19

We did our best impression of that first game no doubt. Maybe Colo is a bad match-up for us.:)

I'll still take the W.