PDA

View Full Version : Dang It! No More Stalking Via OSCN...

Viking Kitten
3/11/2008, 05:55 PM
Oklahoma Supreme Court has adopted rules cutting off public access to court records now available on the Internet. When the rules go into effect on June 10, online access would be limited to court dockets only.

Chief Justice James R. Winchester and four other justices signed the order outlining the new rules, which were described as an effort to balance the rights of privacy of individuals and public access.

Justice Steven Taylor dissented and Justices Yvonne Kauger and James Edmondson issued a separate opinion dissenting in part and concurring in part.

Man, OSCN was a great way to dig up dirt.

RIP, OSCN.

Dio
3/11/2008, 06:15 PM
So how am I supposed to keep crack dealers out of my rent house now?

Thanks for nothing, dip****s.

Viking Kitten
3/11/2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe you people don't understand. Without OSCN, I never would have found out that twat who dumped me in 7th grade got a DUI and ran from the police, then subsequently had a VPO filed on him by his wife whom he later divorced.

I mean seriously. How awesome is that?

Plus we can say "twat."

mdklatt
3/11/2008, 06:20 PM
Man, OSCN was a great way to dig up dirt.

RIP, OSCN.

There's always Facebook. People know that pictures they put up on the innerweb can be seen by other people, right?

bri
3/11/2008, 06:20 PM
I'm glad I'm out of the background screening business, then. 'Cause being able to look that stuff up myself instead of going through the "proper" time-consuming channels was a big help in the face of the utter incompentence of the people who were supposed to be running the searches. :D

M
3/11/2008, 07:01 PM
Awww man! Now how would I have known that job applicant/potential new VK crashed her car into an apartment building, left the scene and then got an aggrivated DUI? Where's the fun in that??!! :eek:

mdklatt
3/11/2008, 07:03 PM
Awww man! Now how would I have known that job applicant/potential new VK crashed her car into an apartment building, left the scene and then got an aggrivated DUI? Where's the fun in that??!! :eek:

IIRC, old VK did a hit-and-run on Bambi, so don't be so harsh.

M
3/11/2008, 07:04 PM
IIRC, old VK did a hit-and-run on Bambi, so don't be so harsh.

Yeah, I know. VK is such a heartless bitch.

BigRedJed
3/11/2008, 07:55 PM
A primer on the new "infractions" system of moderating, folks. A "warning," or "yellow card" is what we give to people when we don't want to give them points towards a banning. It's more of a "hey pal, you need to lighten up" approach. A red card is "hey, you're really out of bounds there, here's some points towards the total points that will usher you off the board."

One of the items we can give warnings for is stalking/flamebaiting other posters. Now, typically, I might give someone a red card for that no matter who they were coming after. It's a real pet peeve of lots of us. But since this is a new system, I'm trying to err on the side of caution and hand out mostly yellows. Especially when it involves someone coming after a poster that is percieved to be in some sort of "mod clique," strangely enough. You heard it here first: I actually find it harder to pull the trigger on someone coming after someone I'm known to like than someone I don't like, because of the potential for criticism.

Same goes for "whining about the mods," which is ALSO a new infraction that we can warn/give points for.

However, I suspect that calling someone a "needledick" in a PM will earn you that release from Soonerfans that you so desperately crave. Since you called ME that, I'll leave it up to someone else.

Once again:

Yellow = hey man, chill out. I don't want to ban you.
Red = You're in trouble.

Lining out how all of the system works is a fair request, and we'll get something up as soon as all of the software tweaks are in place. We're still learning it too.

Hey folks, it's easy: if you really hate it here, post somewhere else.