PDA

View Full Version : Glass houses, Glass houses

Skysooner
3/10/2008, 10:12 PM
Geez, the Horns are quick to condemn...

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5492557&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=3&vc=1

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2002/04/30/News/Benson.Arrested.On.Drug.Charges-501808.shtml

http://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2003/10/21/TopStories/Apd-Benson.Faces.Trespassing.Charge-533989.shtml

If JJ is guilty, he should never appear in a Sooner uniform. Actually if the evidence is against him, he should never appear in a Sooner uniform (see Chris Collins...ahem...OSU).

UTgolfer
3/10/2008, 11:01 PM
Hey Skysooner...you forgot to post this one:

ttp://media.www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2002/05/08/News/Drug-Charge.Against.Benson.Dismissed-502029.shtml

NYC Poke
3/10/2008, 11:01 PM
NFL teams are grappling with these issues as much as, if not more so, than colleges are, but they have the benefit of virtually unlimited interviews with the players, private investigators, psychological profiles, etc. Any college football fan who feels superior that this happens to another school's recruit, or is able to delude himself into thinking a similar thing could not happen to his school, is a fool and not a true college football fan. All schools are recruiting dumb young kids who've been made to feel like they're privileged. It saddens me to see this happen anywhere.

Y'all can take solace in knowing you're loaded at WR. Should the worst come to pass, JJ will miss his years at OU more than OU will miss JJ's years at WR.

Youngsooner
3/10/2008, 11:44 PM
I don't understand their logic. According to them we're Thug U and he's a perfect fit for us and will be playing no matter what. Not to mention he wouldnt even be eligible for a scholarship and would face a minimum of 2 years in prison... But its not like i think the staff will make the wrong decision anyways....

NYC Poke
3/10/2008, 11:52 PM
I suppose there are some that enjoy seeing a rival squirm. It's always better, I suppose, if that rival pretended some sort of moral superiority over you program. All I feel is sadness that some stupid kid with a chance blew it. I never feel any joy in that. I wouldn't dance over a kid with an academic scholarship who blew it because of something stupid. Why would I feel that way for a kid with an athletic scholarship?

rainiersooner
3/11/2008, 01:16 AM
Texas Sucks.

badger
3/11/2008, 08:05 AM
Show them this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiOa7dBsyrY
:D

picasso
3/12/2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1mt6DX_K4

mmm yeah

Dio
3/13/2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah, cause texas hasn't had any players arrested in the last year... :rolleyes:

PLaw
3/14/2008, 06:16 PM
Texas Sucks.

Start Early - HATE TEXASS :texan: TEXASS NOW!!

While we earned the thug u moniker in the '80's, texass has easily stolen the title from us. Stoops and Co. will do the right thing.

BOOMER

BoulderSooner79
3/16/2008, 12:50 PM
NFL teams are grappling with these issues as much as, if not more so, than colleges are, but they have the benefit of virtually unlimited interviews with the players, private investigators, psychological profiles, etc. Any college football fan who feels superior that this happens to another school's recruit, or is able to delude himself into thinking a similar thing could not happen to his school, is a fool and not a true college football fan. All schools are recruiting dumb young kids who've been made to feel like they're privileged. It saddens me to see this happen anywhere.

Y'all can take solace in knowing you're loaded at WR. Should the worst come to pass, JJ will miss his years at OU more than OU will miss JJ's years at WR.

You nailed it Poke (so if you're so smart, why are you a poke fan? ;-) All teams, especially elite programs, are recruiting from the same pool of kids. The pampering these kids have gotten since middle school is bound to turn their heads and some of them are not going to work out. All schools are going to get burned by some of them; it's just part of doing business. But I think all schools should take on a certain number of high risk kids and try to turn them around. A success story is a huge example for younger kids of similar backgrounds and I think college football should contribute to society in more ways than entertainment. But high risk means some will fail, so I don't think any one team should have too many of these kids (besides, they require too much attention). It's yet another reason why coaches make the big bucks. I think Stoops does a good job handling player problems. He draws the line and when it's crossed, the player is gone. Some kids respond (like Dusty) and others are let go; it's about the best a coach can do IMO.

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2008, 02:06 PM
But I think all schools should take on a certain number of high risk kids and try to turn them around.

Playing for a football team is a privilege, and if the kid has not performed well in school and has gotten into trouble, why are they worthy of the opportunity to get a free ride in college? Why are they more deserving over someone who has done well in school and has stayed out of trouble?

But high risk means some will fail,

And when they fail, they often hurt a lot of people around them in very serious ways.

Placing high risk kids on a college campus where they can harm other students, embarrass the university, and disrupt the academic environment is irresponsible. It is not fair to the rest of the student body that they have to tolerate the behavior of thugs. The University of Washington took a risk when they brought in Jerramy Stevens, and a young coed was raped as a result.

So is it worth it to take these risks when people can be harmed? In my opinion, no. Pick someone else that has demonstrated better character.

One of the problems I have with many of these discussions is that the player's welfare is the only thing fans care about. A player busts someone in the head and the fan base is concerned about the player: "Will he turn his life around? Will he man up and take responsibility? Will he lose his eligibility? Will he be drafted?"

What about the poor bastard he clocked?

The message should be clear: If you want a free ride at a university, you have to (1) work hard in school and (2) stay out of trouble.

olevetonahill
3/16/2008, 03:13 PM
LL you just dont quit Do you?
Why you hatein On DD so much ?

Jello Biafra
3/16/2008, 08:26 PM
LL you just dont quit Do you?
Why you hatein On DD so much ?

ill tell you why....

1. his balls JUST dropped
2. HE was the one choked unconscious
3. girls whip his *** REGULARLY
4. he's never donned a jock
5. never played a down/minute/shift/pitch of an agressive sport

pick any one or a combination of these, you'll get your answer.
it's not just athletics freak show. you know how many people i beat sensless in germany just because i was young, drunk, dumb and full of cum? trust me, there are probably a few "bucket lists" out there that i have made.
so, should i have never served this country because there were far more worthy and/or classy people than me to choose from? i wouldn't have gone there if i wasn't booted from school in the first place. you know what? the OU football team seems to have done fine without me. they even managed to win a few games. i was high risk on many planes but the experiences i have gone through, have made me a better father, son, employee, boss and coach. say what you will leroy, you learn from everything.

KantoSooner
3/16/2008, 08:41 PM
And, Dearest Jello, you obviously have fine taste in music.....

Jello Biafra
3/16/2008, 08:54 PM
And, Dearest Jello, you obviously have fine taste in music.....

;) and that too....

in fact, that music is what got me into most of my *ahem* altercations :D

olevetonahill
3/16/2008, 09:13 PM
;) and that too....

in fact, that music is what got me into most of my *ahem* altercations :D

So you went Nuts before you went in the Army ?
Bro when I came home from the Nam . the Latimer county PoPos didnt want any part of me .:O

Jello Biafra
3/16/2008, 09:15 PM
So you went Nuts before you went in the Army ?
Bro when I came home from the Nam . the Latimer county PoPos didnt want any part of me .:O

from day one bro......day one......

olevetonahill
3/16/2008, 09:18 PM
from day one bro......day one......

i was fairly sane till i went .
a fruit cake couldnt compare after i came home :D

BoulderSooner79
3/16/2008, 10:52 PM
Playing for a football team is a privilege, and if the kid has not performed well in school and has gotten into trouble, why are they worthy of the opportunity to get a free ride in college? Why are they more deserving over someone who has done well in school and has stayed out of trouble?

And when they fail, they often hurt a lot of people around them in very serious ways.

Placing high risk kids on a college campus where they can harm other students, embarrass the university, and disrupt the academic environment is irresponsible. It is not fair to the rest of the student body that they have to tolerate the behavior of thugs. The University of Washington took a risk when they brought in Jerramy Stevens, and a young coed was raped as a result.

So is it worth it to take these risks when people can be harmed? In my opinion, no. Pick someone else that has demonstrated better character.

One of the problems I have with many of these discussions is that the player's welfare is the only thing fans care about. A player busts someone in the head and the fan base is concerned about the player: "Will he turn his life around? Will he man up and take responsibility? Will he lose his eligibility? Will he be drafted?"

What about the poor bastard he clocked?

The message should be clear: If you want a free ride at a university, you have to (1) work hard in school and (2) stay out of trouble.

For the most part, I agree with you and I'm not talking about kids with a history of violence. I'm talking about players that come from broken homes and haven't dedicated themselves to school and may have had discipline problems at the school or team level (not felony level). The risk is they won't make grades or they won't follow team rules and will end up off the team. If discipline and "tough love" can turn these young men into contributors to society, it's worth some risk. Not for their sake, but the for the example they set for countless others. I like to see each team give a few such players a chance knowing they may not make it. Regardless of whether it is official policy, it's going to happen because the coaches can only know so much about each recruit, so they have to be ready to handle all situations. I trust Stoops and staff to do the right thing in this area.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 12:48 AM
If discipline and "tough love" can turn these young men into contributors to society, it's worth some risk.

To me, the football team is not meant to be a correctional facility. The University of Oklahoma is not a reform school. As Paul Bear Bryant once said to a mother who wanted him to help straighten out her son, "If you give me a good kid, I'll give you a good kid back."

The risk is they won't make grades or they won't follow team rules and will end up off the team.

No, the risk is far greater than that. You are taking kids in who have troubled pasts and often have had little parental oversight. Couple that with an entitlement attitude and they can do a lot of people a lot of harm. And they can certainly hurt the reputation of the university.

I trust Stoops and staff to do the right thing in this area.

Maybe, but I am not ready to define "the right thing" as "whatever Stoops decides." He works under the same pressure as all coaches do to win. Naturally, the fan base is the real culprit. If you wonder why coaches are willing to take chances on players like Jerramy Stevens, step into any football forum after a tough loss and it will be pretty obvious.

Collier11
3/17/2008, 01:57 AM
To me, the football team is not meant to be a correctional facility. The University of Oklahoma is not a reform school.

I think you are missing the point. No, Ou is not a reform school nor should any other football program be. The point is, more times than not you take a kid who has had a tough upbringing and possibly made a few mistakes and put them in a structured and disciplined setting which gives them a chance to succeed, more often than not they will succeed . I guarantee you if you ask Coach Stoops or any other coach, for every kid who screws up ala Clarett, there are 50 other kids who take advantage of their oppurtunity!

No, the risk is far greater than that. You are taking kids in who have troubled pasts and often have had little parental oversight. Couple that with an entitlement attitude and they can do a lot of people a lot of harm. And they can certainly hurt the reputation of the university.

Completely disagree, I would bet that more kids than not that go to college for athletics probably havent had the best oppurtunities in life yet they go to college and prosper. Obviously not every kid that goes to school for sports has a single parent household, is poor, comes from a bad neighborhood, has family members that bring drugs around them, etc but I bet a large number have delt with one or more. You really think someone like Kejuan Jones would have ever made it to college let alone gotten a degree without football?

Maybe, but I am not ready to define "the right thing" as "whatever Stoops decides." He works under the same pressure as all coaches do to win. Naturally, the fan base is the real culprit. If you wonder why coaches are willing to take chances on players like Jerramy Stevens, step into any football forum after a tough loss and it will be pretty obvious.

I think Coach Stoops has earned our trust as fans that he will always do the right thing. He has went above and beyond to protect the integrity of OU while giving some kids a 2nd chance. I think some of you miss the point that there are over 10,000 football players just in D1 and a very large majority of those are good people who never get in trouble but we focus on the ones who do so much that we lose sight of the actual facts of it all.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 02:31 AM
I think you are missing the point. No, Ou is not a reform school nor should any other football program be. The point is, more times than not you take a kid who has had a tough upbringing and possibly made a few mistakes and put them in a structured and disciplined setting which gives them a chance to succeed, more often than not they will succeed.

I would see your point if there were an unlimited number of scholarships available. But there aren't. If you give a scholarship to Joe Thug, you have to deny a scholarship to Jimmy Goodguy.

The player that kept his nose clean and worked diligently in school deserves the scholarship more, even if he doesn't run quite as fast. (And he has a better chance of obtaining a real degree that can actually help him gain employment after college. I have seen too many football players from all sorts of universities working alongside those that never graduated from college. That is not my definition of success.)

Completely disagree, I would bet that more kids than not that go to college for athletics probably havent had the best oppurtunities in life yet they go to college and prosper. Obviously not every kid that goes to school for sports has a single parent household, is poor, comes from a bad neighborhood, has family members that bring drugs around them, etc but I bet a large number have delt with one or more.

But we are not just talking about kids who grew up in tough situations here. We are focusing on kids who have not worked hard in school and have gotten into trouble. And these kids can come from affluent situations as well.

You really think someone like Kejuan Jones would have ever made it to college let alone gotten a degree without football?

Did Kejuan Jones get into trouble as a high school player? If not, then we're not talking about him. This is purely about high-risk players, not economically disadvantaged players.

What is Kejuan doing these days? I have not heard his name pop up recently.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 02:37 AM
I think Coach Stoops has earned our trust as fans that he will always do the right thing.

I think it is always a good idea to cast a critical eye on those entrusted to run big-time public programs. This "whatever Stoops says must be okay" runs counter to my philosophy, that's for sure.

I think some of you miss the point that there are over 10,000 football players just in D1 and a very large majority of those are good people who never get in trouble

And a large majority of those didn't get into trouble in high school either and are not the focus of discussion. You have created a straw man-- that I am somehow attempting to deny scholarships to all potential college players or those that come from disadvantaged backgrounds. That's BS.

I bet if you narrow the list to those that were high-risk athletes because of prior troubles with the law (regardless of their socio-economic status) the statistics will change dramatically.

Collier11
3/17/2008, 03:31 AM
I would see your point if there were an unlimited number of scholarships available. But there aren't. If you give a scholarship to Joe Thug, you have to deny a scholarship to Jimmy Goodguy.

The player that kept his nose clean and worked diligently in school deserves the scholarship more, even if he doesn't run quite as fast.

and we all know that isnt how big time college athletics works, like it or not

Collier11
3/17/2008, 03:33 AM
I think it is always a good idea to cast a critical eye on those entrusted to run big-time public programs. This "whatever Stoops says must be okay" runs counter to my philosophy, that's for sure.

I didnt say let him run free, what I said was that over a 9 yr period we have a pretty nice sample to work with and Stoops has done the "right thing" more often than not while continuing to restore the programs prestige and national respect

Collier11
3/17/2008, 03:34 AM
Did Kejuan Jones get into trouble as a high school player? If not, then we're not talking about him. This is purely about high-risk players, not economically disadvantaged players.

What is Kejuan doing these days? I have not heard his name pop up recently.

No but Kejuan and many like him would not get into college without football. I have been told this specifically about Kejuan from someone who taught him and who graduated with him. Now look at him, the guy has a respected OU career and more importantly a degree from OU

HBick
3/17/2008, 03:55 AM
Or you can just post this on the longhorns message board, since i think it sums up quite nicely their outstanding off season just one year ago. But only time will tell to see if Mack wants to win titles or be an honorable person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Texas_Longhorns_football_suspensions

BoulderSooner79
3/17/2008, 08:37 AM
To me, the football team is not meant to be a correctional facility. The University of Oklahoma is not a reform school. As Paul Bear Bryant once said to a mother who wanted him to help straighten out her son, "If you give me a good kid, I'll give you a good kid back."

A lot of these players that lack discipline are good kids at heart; they just, well, lack discipline. All coaches preach about how athletics builds character and teaching life-long (positive) lessons. If only kids that already have learned these lessons are allowed in, then it's just a bunch of talk. Again, I think college athletics should to more than just entertain the fans. What good did it do for OU to have Kelly, Lofton and Smith attend school for 3 years then bolt to the NFL? I doubt they can very close to getting degrees. I just don't see saving the NFL the cost of running farm leagues as a huge benefit to society. But they do serve to inspire talented kids coming up that they can achieve their dreams by succeeding at the college level. This is the biggest carrot most these kids will have in their lifetime to work hard at something. A good coach can mold that desire into work ethic to serve for a lifetime.

I agree that "I trust Stoops blindly" is not a good idea. I should say, I trust Stoops based on how he has handled player issues for 9 years. As a very highly paid coach, this should be an integral part of his evaluation.

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 12:00 PM
Or you can just post this on the longhorns message board, since i think it sums up quite nicely their outstanding off season just one year ago. But only time will tell to see if Mack wants to win titles or be an honorable person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Texas_Longhorns_football_suspensions

HBick...you ask the question whether Mack wants to win titles or be an honorable person. While I feel there is an obvious answer, I'll indulge the question and look at a few facts:

Jones: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, has not participated in any football related activities since, and at this point is not listed on the roster

Joseph: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, he announced he was transferring, not a member of the team

Gatewood: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, has not participated in any football related activities since, and at this point is not listed on the roster

Henry: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, has not participated in any football related activities since, and at this point is not listed on the roster

Pittman: Mack suspended him for 3 games (for violation of a very minor rule), NCAA approved of the penalty, was allowed back on the team

Kindle/Melton: Mack suspended each for 3 games, completed community service, each allowed back on the team

In each instance Mack suspended the offending party and regarding the more serious charges the individuals remain suspended pending the outcome of their legal proceedings. Perhaps one could make an argument that the more serious violators should be kicked off the team...and some including me would agree. However, to suggest that Mack is more interested in winning games than being honorable is counter to his actions.

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:14 PM

And a large majority of those didn't get into trouble in high school either and are not the focus of discussion. You have created a straw man-- that I am somehow attempting to deny scholarships to all potential college players or those that come from disadvantaged backgrounds. That's BS.

I bet if you narrow the list to those that were high-risk athletes because of prior troubles with the law (regardless of their socio-economic status) the statistics will change dramatically.

every single one of your posts on this thread is pompus bullshiite.....ever heard of lynn macgruder? how bout cj ayou? wes simms? anything? now what?

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:15 PM
ill tell you why....

1. his balls JUST dropped
2. HE was the one choked unconscious
3. girls whip his *** REGULARLY
4. he's never donned a jock
5. never played a down/minute/shift/pitch of an agressive sport

pick any one or a combination of these, you'll get your answer.
it's not just athletics freak show. you know how many people i beat sensless in germany just because i was young, drunk, dumb and full of cum? trust me, there are probably a few "bucket lists" out there that i have made.
so, should i have never served this country because there were far more worthy and/or classy people than me to choose from? i wouldn't have gone there if i wasn't booted from school in the first place. you know what? the OU football team seems to have done fine without me. they even managed to win a few games. i was high risk on many planes but the experiences i have gone through, have made me a better father, son, employee, boss and coach. say what you will leroy, you learn from everything.

This was Bad ?:confused:

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:15 PM
HBick...you ask the question whether Mack wants to win titles or be an honorable person. While I feel there is an obvious answer, I'll indulge the question and look at a few facts:

Jones: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, has not participated in any football related activities since, and at this point is not listed on the roster

Joseph: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, he announced he was transferring, not a member of the team

Gatewood: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, has not participated in any football related activities since, and at this point is not listed on the roster

Henry: Mack immediately suspended him from the team pending completion of the legal process, has not participated in any football related activities since, and at this point is not listed on the roster

Pittman: Mack suspended him for 3 games (for violation of a very minor rule), NCAA approved of the penalty, was allowed back on the team

Kindle/Melton: Mack suspended each for 3 games, completed community service, each allowed back on the team

In each instance Mack suspended the offending party and regarding the more serious charges the individuals remain suspended pending the outcome of their legal proceedings. Perhaps one could make an argument that the more serious violators should be kicked off the team...and some including me would agree. However, to suggest that Mack is more interested in winning games than being honorable is counter to his actions.

and what was the result of the other 16 arrests? how bout the homeboy that was asleep in the back seat of a truck with an unregistered 9 mm on his chest?

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 04:18 PM
and we all know that isnt how big time college athletics works, like it or not

Sure, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with it. I am simply disagreeing.

No but Kejuan and many like him would not get into college without football.

Then Kejuan's situation is irrelevant to this argument.

A lot of these players that lack discipline are good kids at heart; they just, well, lack discipline. All coaches preach about how athletics builds character and teaching life-long (positive) lessons. If only kids that already have learned these lessons are allowed in, then it's just a bunch of talk.

College football may build character, but that is not the primary purpose of our sports programs. Again, OU is not a reform school.

We should be accepting kids in that have shown they are prepared for college. Otherwise, the University of Oklahoma is nothing more than a junior college with a good football team.

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:18 PM
This was Bad ?:confused:

apparently. im trying to get as many zings as possible before my impending banning........

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:20 PM

College football may build character, but that is not the primary purpose of our sports programs. Again, OU is not a reform school.

We should be accepting kids in that have shown they are prepared for college. Otherwise, the University of Oklahoma is nothing more than a junior college with a good football team.

right. because NOONE deserves a chance to prove they may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. see: above posts.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 04:21 PM
you know how many people i beat sensless in germany just because i was young, drunk, dumb and full of cum?

Eeeeeeeeewwwwww! You can stay off my football team!

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:22 PM
apparently. im trying to get as many zings as possible before my impending banning........

Bro You can Give em hell . Just couch it in a way that It aint Personal
Ya know Like saying LL is a Dooshrocket Is bad
Saying Idjits that think that way are Drockets aint .:P :D

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:24 PM

the idea is to take a questionable student and turn him into a contributing member of society and possible ambassador for the university. its not like we don't take BOTH kinds of students..... Q? jacob G? how bout billy sims?
we have been doing this for years as has other schools. get over it.

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:26 PM
Eeeeeeeeewwwwww! You can stay off my football team!

yeh. whatever. like you've ever seen a snapper much less taken one. go hump someone elses leg.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:27 PM
What gets me is all this Carp is being talked about here as If He was a 3 year starter .:eek:
The Kid was Offered .He accepted . He got in trouble , Big deal .If he cant get out Of trouble Offer Rescinded .
Nuff said

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 04:34 PM
and what was the result of the other 16 arrests? how bout the homeboy that was asleep in the back seat of a truck with an unregistered 9 mm on his chest?

Please enlighten all with your list of 16 additional arrests during 2007.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:36 PM

Back off BOY
I got My bros Back
He was talking 16 Other arrests . Off other :texan: s
:mad:

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:36 PM
What gets me is all this Carp is being talked about here as If He was a 3 year starter .:eek:
The Kid was Offered .He accepted . He got in trouble , Big deal .If he cant get out Of trouble Offer Rescinded .
Nuff said

leroy is on this thread strokin his lizzard and saying we (as a school) are stupid for recruiting these type of players....that's just ignorant. example: meachum was suppose to be a thug and trouble maker ( i suspect because he didn't pick us)and he goes to tenn and becomes a 4 year starter. it's all a crap shoot and you never back down from a kid who 1 can help the team because he has a questinable past. simply tell him, you're an incoming freshman. you mess up bad, you're gone. if he's a long time starter, give a little more leeway if he's never jacked up before.

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 04:38 PM

i'll get back to you when im done with lizzard boy. trust me, you're next in the que, punkin head.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:40 PM
leroy is on this thread strokin his lizzard and saying we (as a school) are stupid for recruiting these type of players....that's just ignorant. example: meachum was suppose to be a thug and trouble maker ( i suspect because he didn't pick us)and he goes to tenn and becomes a 4 year starter. it's all a crap shoot and you never back down from a kid who 1 can help the team because he has a questinable past. simply tell him, you're an incoming freshman. you mess up bad, you're gone. if he's a long time starter, give a little more leeway if he's never jacked up before.

What Im saying Bro
The Young man was offered a scholly. Are Our recruiting Staff supposed to do a Complete Phsyc profile On every recruit ?I think Not .
All Schollies are Offered with the Caveat that they will Be eligble .
If the Kid Cant Grad from HS then He cant attend OU
Why Is this still a topic ?

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 04:41 PM
i'll get back to you when im done with lizzard boy. trust me, you're next in the que, punkin head :P .

Fixed it Fer Ya bro :D

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 04:45 PM
Back off BOY
I got My bros Back
He was talking 16 Other arrests . Off other :texan: s
:mad:

Oooh...you called me "Boy"...should I be really scared?

C&CDean
3/17/2008, 04:49 PM
Oooh...you called me "Boy"...should I be really scared?

Let's see, you're a UT golfer, and Jello is about 6'6" and goes about 320 or so.

I'm thinking.......yes?

And for the record everybody, let's ease up on the insults. mmmkay?

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 04:50 PM
i'll get back to you when im done with lizzard boy. trust me, you're next in the que, punkin head.

I'm anxiously awaiting your list of 16 additional arrests during 2007...as that was the timeframe contained in the link in the post I responded to.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 05:07 PM
Let's see, you're a UT golfer, and Jello is about 6'6" and goes about 320 or so.

I'm thinking.......yes?

And for the record everybody, let's ease up on the insults. mmmkay?

I being Good
Im the one that called him BOY tho Is that an Insult to a :texan:
Im :confused:
Oh wait That wasnt Racist :eek:
Dayum Ill nevar be PC .

snp
3/17/2008, 05:18 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting your list of 16 additional arrests during 2007...as that was the timeframe contained in the link in the post I responded to.

Okay you got us - it was only 8 that year. But we could backtrack a couple more years to get the total back up to 16.

C&CDean
3/17/2008, 05:21 PM
Alls I know is that every time I picked up a paper or turned on the ESPN I heard/saw "another UT player is arrested for......"

Glass houses indeed.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 05:30 PM
like you've ever seen a snapper much less taken one.

Well, since you claim to be "full of cum," I am not sure what kind of snapper you are talking about.

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 05:34 PM
Okay you got us - it was only 8 that year. But we could backtrack a couple more years to get the total back up to 16.

At a minimum go back and read the original post that stated there were 16 OTHER arrests...which means the total would have been 23 (by my count there were 7 in 2007 but if the number is 8 then so be it). If you are going to use stats to be critical...at least have the stats correct.

And I am no thrower of stones...feel free to reply with any post of mine where I have not been equally critical of UT as I have been of OU.

C&CDean
3/17/2008, 05:40 PM
Well, since you claim to be "full of cum," I am not sure what kind of snapper you are talking about.

Give it a rest lizard boy.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 05:45 PM
Give it a rest lizard boy.

I take It yove met Jello also .
These Boys dont want to Find Him in an Alley :D

snp
3/17/2008, 05:58 PM
At a minimum go back and read the original post that stated there were 16 OTHER arrests...which means the total would have been 23 (by my count there were 7 in 2007 but if the number is 8 then so be it). If you are going to use stats to be critical...at least have the stats correct.

I did. I recognized it was only 8, not 16, 23 or 200 if APD would arrest people for pot.

Henry, Kindle, Melton, Gatewood (twice), Andre Jones, Robert Joesph (twice).

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 06:02 PM

And I am no thrower of stones...feel free to reply with any post of mine where I have not been equally critical of UT as I have been of OU.

ok. so i've been a little amped today. i'm all good after a nice long drive home.

lizzard: *shhhhh* you stop, ill stop. bashing past players, recruits and coaches is a no-no and you know it.

gopher: hmmmm oddly enough, the statesman says "the page you have requested no longer exsists"

since vinnie took you guys to the highest of highs, you guys have had 10 arrests. no? not to mention a multitude of players simply "disapear" off of your roster and re-apear on other rosters in houston and such.

how about your famous running backs? williams? benson?

you really didn't need to get involved with this discussion because i don't think you really want to go "there"

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 06:06 PM
I did. I recognized it was only 8, not 16, 23 or 200 if APD would arrest people for pot.

Henry, Kindle, Melton, Gatewood (twice), Andre Jones, Robert Joesph (twice).

not to mention the "multitudes" that were paddled and sent on thier way by austin's finest.

say what you want about bomar and his ilk.....he was sent on his way and the staff never looked back. would the whorens have the sack to do the same to thier starting qb in the same siuation? probably would have never happened because donors would have shielded vince from having a job....we already know he was obviously not in classes...just judging on his test scores and whatnot....

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 06:14 PM

40 Posts .
If I went and joined whorndogs dot,com
And Ran My mouth the way you Have here . Would I make It to 40 posts ?
I think Not.
Are the Kids we are discussing even On Campus ?
Nuff said .

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 06:19 PM

ok 16 was a bad number...why? because it was large enough to be consider outlandish.....ok hows this? you guys have had 61.5 arrests in the past 2 years. i just threw an odd number out there as if to say, you're stupid for getting in on a thread in which you have had many PLAYERS not recruits get arrested in the last year. get it? jeez. yaaaaay public school......

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 06:21 PM
Has this Kid even Been convicted ?
Has even become a Sooner ?
I aint gettin My panties In a wad Yet fer nothing .
:cool: :pop:

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 06:25 PM
ok. so i've been a little amped today. i'm all good after a nice long drive home.

lizzard: *shhhhh* you stop, ill stop. bashing past players, recruits and coaches is a no-no and you know it.

gopher: hmmmm oddly enough, the statesman says "the page you have requested no longer exsists"

since vinnie took you guys to the highest of highs, you guys have had 10 arrests. no? not to mention a multitude of players simply "disapear" off of your roster and re-apear on other rosters in houston and such.

how about your famous running backs? williams? benson?

you really didn't need to get involved with this discussion because i don't think you really want to go "there"

You give me too much credit if you think I have domain over the AAS website.

Yes there have been a number of arrests in recent years. And so that I am crystal clear...being arrested is proof of guilt?

And if a player "disappears" from UT's roster...isn't that more a comment about them?

Feel free to post any article detail Ricky William's mis-steps while at UT.

Cedric Benson was charged once and the charges were subsequently dropped. So he's innocent of that charge right? And he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor. Everyone here is about second chances and redemption aren't they?

As far as going "there" is concerned...how far back in history do we both want to go?

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 06:36 PM
You give me too much credit if you think I have domain over the AAS website.

Yes there have been a number of arrests in recent years. And so that I am crystal clear...being arrested is proof of guilt?

And if a player "disappears" from UT's roster...isn't that more a comment about them?

Feel free to post any article detail Ricky William's mis-steps while at UT.

Cedric Benson was charged once and the charges were subsequently dropped. So he's innocent of that charge right? And he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor. Everyone here is about second chances and redemption aren't they?

As far as going "there" is concerned...how far back in history do we both want to go?

no. being arrested is not admision of guilt but where there's smoke, there is USUALLY fire. im not saying the whorens should be booted, arrested or buried under the jail. we were questioning character and you decided to add your 2 cents.......welcome to the fold.

ok so we (ou fans) are talking about character.....you (whore fans) jump in and say "yeah. what he said".... we mention williams and you say you want us to believe he wasn't doing the crazy, micheal jackson type, stupid shiite while at the 40 acres? really?!?!? pffft. next.

benson's charges were dropped....hmmmm....lawrence phillips charges were dropped too. oddly enough, his problems kept coming back. sounds like a character issue......

as far back as you'd like, big toot. i got google and a fairly decent arsenal when it comes to this stuff. including the fact that the ncaa president that threw ou on probation has VERY close ties to UT if you know what i mean so do throw the same ole tired BS about the time sepnt on probation etc.....

so we have more probation that you guys.....we also have much more time in the number one spot all time......

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 06:37 PM
40 Posts .
If I went and joined whorndogs dot,com
And Ran My mouth the way you Have here . Would I make It to 40 posts ?
I think Not.
Are the Kids we are discussing even On Campus ?
Nuff said .

Has this Kid even Been convicted ?
Has even become a Sooner ?
I aint gettin My panties In a wad Yet fer nothing .
:cool: :pop:

Tell me something...exactly what style panties do you prefer? Color?

And here is my post from the Jarobe thread:

The UT kids that got busted for the various weapons and assault charges are a disgrace to the University and belong nowhere near the football field. And Mack Brown is no more a babysitter than Bob Stoops and neither can monitor the behavior of 85+ athletes on a daily basis and they are not responsible for their actions. And since he has yet to enroll, indicting Stoops responsible for Jarobe's actions is laughable. While I hate the fact that Stoops has enjoyed success against Texas, by all accounts he is a classy individual and I admire the way he handled the Bomar situation.

I agree that young men make mistakes and they do deserve second chances. Melton and Kindle both got busted for DUI, got suspended for 3 games and were allowed back on the team. And in my mind Granger falls into the same category. He should run steps until he pukes his small intestine and the run some more, sit a couple of games, and then he is all squared up in my mind.

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 06:41 PM

The UT kids that got busted for the various weapons and assault charges are a disgrace to the University and belong nowhere near the football field. And Mack Brown is no more a babysitter than Bob Stoops and neither can monitor the behavior of 85+ athletes on a daily basis and they are not responsible for their actions. And since he has yet to enroll, indicting Stoops responsible for Jarobe's actions is laughable. While I hate the fact that Stoops has enjoyed success against Texas, by all accounts he is a classy individual and I admire the way he handled the Bomar situation.

I agree that young men make mistakes and they do deserve second chances. Melton and Kindle both got busted for DUI, got suspended for 3 games and were allowed back on the team. And in my mind Granger falls into the same category. He should run steps until he pukes his small intestine and the run some more, sit a couple of games, and then he is all squared up in my mind.

ok. so you're not soooo bad. yer still a golfer though....

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 06:51 PM
no. being arrested is not admision of guilt but where there's smoke, there is USUALLY fire. im not saying the whorens should be booted, arrested or buried under the jail. we were questioning character and you decided to add your 2 cents.......welcome to the fold.

ok so we (ou fans) are talking about character.....you (whore fans) jump in and say "yeah. what he said".... we mention williams and you say you want us to believe he wasn't doing the crazy, micheal jackson type, stupid shiite while at the 40 acres? really?!?!? pffft. next.

benson's charges were dropped....hmmmm....lawrence phillips charges were dropped too. oddly enough, his problems kept coming back. sounds like a character issue......

as far back as you'd like, big toot. i got google and a fairly decent arsenal when it comes to this stuff. including the fact that the ncaa president that threw ou on probation has VERY close ties to UT if you know what i mean so do throw the same ole tired BS about the time sepnt on probation etc.....

so we have more probation that you guys.....we also have much more time in the number one spot all time......

I'm all for questioning character...as long as it is done objectively...and I have been very critical of UT on this board. As for adding my 2 cents...simply responses to others statements and clarification of facts. And what about the puffs of smoke rising out of Norman?

As for Benson...exactly what character issues has he had since leaving UT? Admittedly a bust to this point in the NFL...but what character issues since leaving the 40 Acres?

As for Williams...not sure what you mean by "Michael Jackson type" behavior. Are you accusing him of being a child molester? Not paying his mortgage? I ask you again to list any incidents while at UT.

So Lawrence Brand, former IU president has close ties to UT and somehow this is related to OU going on probation? Enlighten me.

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 06:58 PM
ok. so you're not soooo bad. yer still a golfer though....

As I said earlier...I am no thrower of stones...especially when it comes to rosters of 85+ 18-21 year olds.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 07:05 PM

these :P
http://www.mayflowerpoultry.com/db_LPFK-thongs-white-black-red1.jpg

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 07:09 PM
As I said earlier...I am no thrower of stones...especially when it comes to rosters of 85+ 18-21 year olds.

:texan: I served in the Nam with Guys that you wouldnt let near your empty beer cans . 18 -21 year olds , The Judge told em Go and serve fer the DURAITION . Or spend your Life In prison ,
Id say Yea Most Kids deserve a 2nd chance !
Maybe a 3rd or 10th .
Cuase Most of the **** up kids , never had a Shot at being A stand up person Till some one Gave em a Chance
or 20

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 07:10 PM
these :P
http://www.mayflowerpoultry.com/db_LPFK-thongs-white-black-red1.jpg

I applaud your discriminating taste.

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 07:11 PM
I applaud your discriminating taste.

Couldnt Find the Fish Taco ones .;)

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 07:18 PM
:texan: I served in the Nam with Guys that you wouldnt let near your empty beer cans . 18 -21 year olds , The Judge told em Go and serve fer the DURAITION . Or spend your Life In prison ,
Id say Yea Most Kids deserve a 2nd chance !
Maybe a 3rd or 10th .
Cuase Most of the **** up kids , never had a Shot at being A stand up person Till some one Gave em a Chance
or 20

I agree everyone deserves second chances. The challenge is determining the ones who will make the most of it from those who think they are "owed" second chances and there actions have no consequences. Ramonce Taylor should be used as an example of someone who had a clear path to fame and fortune and then f-ed it up.

And thanks for your service to this country!

Jello Biafra
3/17/2008, 08:06 PM
I'm all for questioning character...as long as it is done objectively...and I have been very critical of UT on this board. As for adding my 2 cents...simply responses to others statements and clarification of facts. And what about the puffs of smoke rising out of Norman?

As for Benson...exactly what character issues has he had since leaving UT? Admittedly a bust to this point in the NFL...but what character issues since leaving the 40 Acres?

As for Williams...not sure what you mean by "Michael Jackson type" behavior. Are you accusing him of being a child molester? Not paying his mortgage? I ask you again to list any incidents while at UT.

So Lawrence Brand, former IU president has close ties to UT and somehow this is related to OU going on probation? Enlighten me.

the puffs of smoke? which ones would those be? the last two incidents during the off season were by recruits who had not made it to campus. so..... the 7 or so you mentioned were all by current players on current rosters all holding positions on the team.

benson? well first off, im a bears fans so you WILL NOT under any circumstance win this argument. i think there are enough sooners on that roster to keep him in check plus, he KNOWS he will be hunted like a dog in chicago if he pulls anything. dusty plays dline....do i need to say anything else?

so, williams has had umpteen clean slates in the nfl and he can't seem to stay clean and you're telling me he wasn't "partaking" at the 40 acres? mmhmm sell it to someone else. im not buying it. also, didn't this fruit cake show up somewhere in texas wearing a dress and on another occasion was holding his siters hand at a press conference so he didn't have to talk to girls?
maybe this was all a joke at one time but i swear i heard it from a texas fan. anyway, im not talking child molester type **** im talking weird, out of whack type shiite.

so lawrence brand is the only one to put on on probation?

olevetonahill
3/17/2008, 08:28 PM
I agree everyone deserves second chances. The challenge is determining the ones who will make the most of it from those who think they are "owed" second chances and there actions have no consequences. Ramonce Taylor should be used as an example of someone who had a clear path to fame and fortune and then f-ed it up.

And thanks for your service to this country!

Our Kids Today are Serving OUr country:D God Bless em .
I was a Piece of shat baby killin Mofo when I came Home , Just ask Berkly and Hanoi Jane !:rolleyes:
Oh and Like Can said . ask the MoFO who spit On me When I came Home .
I swear I was a Pascifist !:rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2008, 09:31 PM
Remember one thing: UT was placed on probation in the 1980s, and one of the violations was for bailing players out of jail.

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 10:47 PM
the puffs of smoke? which ones would those be? the last two incidents during the off season were by recruits who had not made it to campus. so..... the 7 or so you mentioned were all by current players on current rosters all holding positions on the team.

benson? well first off, im a bears fans so you WILL NOT under any circumstance win this argument. i think there are enough sooners on that roster to keep him in check plus, he KNOWS he will be hunted like a dog in chicago if he pulls anything. dusty plays dline....do i need to say anything else?

so, williams has had umpteen clean slates in the nfl and he can't seem to stay clean and you're telling me he wasn't "partaking" at the 40 acres? mmhmm sell it to someone else. im not buying it. also, didn't this fruit cake show up somewhere in texas wearing a dress and on another occasion was holding his siters hand at a press conference so he didn't have to talk to girls?
maybe this was all a joke at one time but i swear i heard it from a texas fan. anyway, im not talking child molester type **** im talking weird, out of whack type shiite.

so lawrence brand is the only one to put on on probation?

Does the name Granger ring a bell? Melton and Kindle are back, Pittman (who was guilty of a very minor infraction) has graduated, Joseph has transferred, and the rest have been indefinitely suspended pending conclusion of legal proceedings. Thought everyone was innocent until proven guilty? Second chances and all that stuff? And of those suspended they are not allowed to participate in football related activities including spring drills. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

As for Benson...what character issues since leaving the 40 Acres? So what if Dusty plays dline? You said he had character issues...what are they?

I never said Williams was an angel at UT...did I? If so...kindly point it out to me. Put your advanced google skills to the test regarding the timing of the dress photoshoot. Glad to hear that you aren't accusing him of being a child molester. What wierd, wacky behavior are you accusing him of? And please be specific with your sources and evidence.

Once again regarding Brand, please enlighten me and everyone else regarding OU going on probation and his connection to UT.

UTgolfer
3/17/2008, 10:57 PM
Our Kids Today are Serving OUr country:D God Bless em .
I was a Piece of shat baby killin Mofo when I came Home , Just ask Berkly and Hanoi Jane !:rolleyes:
Oh and Like Can said . ask the MoFO who spit On me When I came Home .
I swear I was a Pascifist !:rolleyes:

It is shameful that you or anybody else who put on the uniform was treated that way upon coming home.

Ever been to Berkley? Don't bother if the answer is no...not that you probably would. Home to even more wacko's than...dare I say it...Austin.

47straight
3/17/2008, 11:50 PM
I've never taken any joy at a UT player getting busted. There's not much fun in a young man throwing opportunity away. And I dislike nearly everything UT stands for.

There are going to be hoardes of UT fans saying all sorts of stuff about Stoops implying that he's a looser coach than Jerry Tarkanian. I've come to realize, albeit slowly, that UT has more *********s and *******s than I could ever cure or whip. That's why I stay away from places like hornfans.

HBick
3/18/2008, 02:55 AM
I tried to create a new thread for this, but wasn't able to.

Mizzou LB Arrested:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/03/17/ap.fbc.missouri.playera.ap/index.html

Only interesting because he drove away with 4 other players, one of whom was Maclin.

Scott D
3/18/2008, 07:18 AM
As for Benson...what character issues since leaving the 40 Acres? So what if Dusty plays dline? You said he had character issues...what are they?

About the only thing that hasn't happened to Benson since he got to Chicago is his teammates taping him to a goalpost and going Full Metal Jacket basic training soap beatdown on him. The fact that Lovie Smith didn't suspend him for a week or two over his little tantrum is more a sign of how weak the Bears are at running back than a sign of how Benson is out of touch with reality.

cheezyq
3/18/2008, 08:46 AM

Not to drag this back up, but I have a few major disagreements here.

First of all, the football program finances many of the other educational programs at OU. So, even educationally, it's in the best interests of the school for the sports teams to do well. Therefore, if a player has enormous talent, it makes sense to offer a scholarship to that player even if he does have a few skeletons. Why? Because there's always the chance that he:
a) was in the wrong place at wrong time,
b) hasn't been afforded the same educational opportunities as other more privileged athletes that are "prepared for college",
c) has learned, or will learn, from his mistakes and turn things around for himself.

So, for the sake of the entire university, it may be worth it to take a chance on someone, knowing that if something does go wrong, you can take away that opportunity that you gave. And besides that, there are plenty of examples of players that weren't problem children in HS, but once they reached the spotlight at OU, they failed to take the high road.

Second, OU is a public university. As long as you have the money to attend and meet some very basic requirements, there's nothing to stop ANYONE from attending. Since OU is a public university, there is no reason NOT to offer scholarships to certain individuals that may have struggled through high school. Like it or not, college (especially the first couple of years) is more about following structure and learning self-discipline than achieving higher learning. No, we're not a reform school, but we aren't Harvard, either.

Third, the time that coaches and recruiters are allowed to spend with these recruits is VERY limited. You have to evaluate players based on very few visits and phone calls (unless your name rhymes with Melvin Clampson). A good portion of that time is spent evaluating whether that player will fit into your system, or mesh with the other players that you already have. Given these limitations, there are going to be times when a player's character is incorrectly evaluated. That's just the way that it is.

Overall, I agree that if a guy is obviously a thug and it shows up during the recruiting process, don't recruit him. But you can't rule out every player that has educational struggles or has made a few minor mistakes. Especially since the biggest contributor to OU's educational success is the football program.

UTgolfer
3/18/2008, 09:27 AM
I've never taken any joy at a UT player getting busted. There's not much fun in a young man throwing opportunity away. And I dislike nearly everything UT stands for.

There are going to be hoardes of UT fans saying all sorts of stuff about Stoops implying that he's a looser coach than Jerry Tarkanian. I've come to realize, albeit slowly, that UT has more *********s and *******s than I could ever cure or whip. That's why I stay away from places like hornfans.

Hornfans certainly has a large number of posters who ingest the orange colored Kool-aid in high quantities...but what fan site doesn't?

By all independent accounts Bob Stoops is a stand-up guy, from a good family, and while he may not be perfect...whatever that might mean...neither is Mack Brown. I hate the fact that he is relatively young, charismatic, and has whipped our *** on more than a few occasions...but that just means he's a good coach and while you guys already know this...count yourselves lucky to have him.

UTgolfer
3/18/2008, 09:39 AM
About the only thing that hasn't happened to Benson since he got to Chicago is his teammates taping him to a goalpost and going Full Metal Jacket basic training soap beatdown on him. The fact that Lovie Smith didn't suspend him for a week or two over his little tantrum is more a sign of how weak the Bears are at running back than a sign of how Benson is out of touch with reality.

So Benson has been a bust to this point in the NFL. And Benson hasn't been the greatest teammate. But that is not the same as having character issues ala Lawrence Phillips as was originally stated by Jello. Once again, what character issues does he have? Any incident to point to as proof?

UTgolfer
3/18/2008, 09:43 AM
First of all, the football program finances many of the other educational programs at OU.

Is that really true? If the OU football team and the athletic department operate at a surplus are the then remaining funds used for general education purposes?

Collier11
3/18/2008, 10:58 AM
First of all, the football program finances many of the other educational programs at OU.

Is that really true? If the OU football team and the athletic department operate at a surplus are the then remaining funds used for general education purposes?

Could be wrong but I dont think this is true

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2008, 11:21 AM
The athletic department operates on a separate budget from the rest of the university. Surpluses are either banked or used for capital improvements.

TexasLidig8r
3/18/2008, 02:35 PM
The athletic department operates on a separate budget from the rest of the university. Surpluses are either banked or used for capital improvements or used to obtain employment at car dealerships.

;)

Sorry.. I had to.

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2008, 02:43 PM
See, that doesn't even make any sense. Why would the university need to provide funds for no-show jobs? We've got more than enough boosters who are willing to do that with no reimbursement.

C&CDean
3/18/2008, 02:44 PM
How in the hell did Lid get back to green spek?

Collier11
3/18/2008, 02:53 PM
See, that doesn't even make any sense. Why would the university need to provide funds for no-show jobs? We've got more than enough boosters who are willing to do that with no reimbursement.

we just need to spend more money to not get caught like ut :D

Scott D
3/18/2008, 04:18 PM
So Benson has been a bust to this point in the NFL. And Benson hasn't been the greatest teammate. But that is not the same as having character issues ala Lawrence Phillips as was originally stated by Jello. Once again, what character issues does he have? Any incident to point to as proof?

I'd say there are character issues when you pretty much quit like he did which has solidified his status as not a very good teammate. But if you want to go back to college, even the biggest orange kool-aid drinker has to admit that there's a flaw when he gets a joke of a sentence, and ends up not having to serve the time because "the jail be full this weekend" from his breaking and entering (cue Herr with "he went to steal his own tv from someone else who stole it from him")

Jello Biafra
3/18/2008, 05:24 PM

scott already adressed the issue but since you called me out, how bout holding out for what seemed to be 20 months for a contract negotiation that was all about him...... chicago don't play that......you either come for the team or you suffer the consequences which i think he is currently...he cries because he got a cold reception. just play and EARN YOUR FUGGIN CONTRACT. if they would have been smart, they would have told him to be on the next thing smoking to canada and see what kinda cash he can pick up.......35 million pffft. loser! next......sitting on the bench pouting at training camp because the entire offense hated him and the defense was pounding on his azz like he was back in the austin city lockup with your team.

scott said it, im gonna back it up....that was a bullshiite sentence he got and you know it........he stole a tv that originally belonged to him? really? does anyone outside of austin really think this is a legitimate statement? why would the complaintant call the police on something like that if they stole it from him? thats just stupid. really. i mean to put yourself in a situation where you could actually spend time in jail for something you got away with the first time. why not just call the police and say "hey. that tv has a scratch on the lower right side of the screen from where i jerked my pud and knocked my yoohoo off the table into it." or something..... anything other than the tv belonged to him in the first place and he just stole it back.

course lets not forget about his 2002 arrest for drug possesion, paraphanelia and underage drinking and he just happened to be in the apartment while all of this was going on at roughly 2:00 am.....riiiight. oddly enough, never heard a word about that. possibly one of those donors made that disapear? judges. hold. season. tickets. at. U.T.

on to production: he has less than 1600 yards to date......TO DATE! 3 friggin years in the nfl and he has yet to break 1600 yards. 10 tds and 4 fumbles to include zero touchdowns in 2006 and 2 fumbles when the game was on the line. one being in the superbowl.

ok. since i answered you.....you answer these......

since 2002....

Cedric Benson - drug charges.

Selvin Young, was arrested in 2003 along with linebacker Aaron Harris - defensive tackle Larry Dibbles and cornerback Edorian McCullough for marijuana possession. Those charges were dropped due to inadmissible evidence. shocking

Cedric Benson - criminal trespassing.

Erik Hardeman felongy possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) and misdemeanor marijuana possession.

Cedric Griffin investigated for assault charges; no charges formally filed by APD due to impending Rose Bowl. imagine that

The arrest of wide receiver Myron Hardy, charged with carrying a prohibited weapon.

Ramonce Taylor, felony possession of marijuana.

Tarell Brown, was arrested with Tyrell Gatewood and former Texas linebacker Aaron Harris with misdemeanor drug and weapon charges.wow. #2 for the big boy

Ahmard Howard and Brandon Collins arrested for drug possession. Both passed a drug test, and appear to have been "victims" of the Wrong Place/Wrong Time thing. common theme

Junior defensive end Henry Melton was arrested on a DWI charge June 1 after being pulled over in the Sixth Street entertainment district.

Robert Joseph, charged with misdemeanor burglary of a vehicle

Former Longhorn safety Robert Joseph, charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, a first-degree felony.

Sergio Kindle,charged with driving while intoxicated.

Andre Jones, charged with aggravated robbery (should be armed robbery).

Tyrell Gatewood, charged with misdemeanor possession.

James Henry, charged with obstruction or retaliation and tampering or fabricating physical evidence. Both offenses are third-degree felonies

olevetonahill
3/18/2008, 06:03 PM
Jello
Trying to Talk sense with a :texan:
Is like trying to **** a porcupine
There aint No way its gonna work out for ya .:pop:

UTgolfer
3/18/2008, 06:38 PM
scott already adressed the issue but since you called me out, how bout holding out for what seemed to be 20 months for a contract negotiation that was all about him...... chicago don't play that......you either come for the team or you suffer the consequences which i think he is currently...he cries because he got a cold reception. just play and EARN YOUR FUGGIN CONTRACT. if they would have been smart, they would have told him to be on the next thing smoking to canada and see what kinda cash he can pick up.......35 million pffft. loser! next......sitting on the bench pouting at training camp because the entire offense hated him and the defense was pounding on his azz like he was back in the austin city lockup with your team.

scott said it, im gonna back it up....that was a bullshiite sentence he got and you know it........he stole a tv that originally belonged to him? really? does anyone outside of austin really think this is a legitimate statement? why would the complaintant call the police on something like that if they stole it from him? thats just stupid. really. i mean to put yourself in a situation where you could actually spend time in jail for something you got away with the first time. why not just call the police and say "hey. that tv has a scratch on the lower right side of the screen from where i jerked my pud and knocked my yoohoo off the table into it." or something..... anything other than the tv belonged to him in the first place and he just stole it back.

course lets not forget about his 2002 arrest for drug possesion, paraphanelia and underage drinking and he just happened to be in the apartment while all of this was going on at roughly 2:00 am.....riiiight. oddly enough, never heard a word about that. possibly one of those donors made that disapear? judges. hold. season. tickets. at. U.T.

on to production: he has less than 1600 yards to date......TO DATE! 3 friggin years in the nfl and he has yet to break 1600 yards. 10 tds and 4 fumbles to include zero touchdowns in 2006 and 2 fumbles when the game was on the line. one being in the superbowl.

ok. since i answered you.....you answer these......

since 2002....

Cedric Benson - drug charges.

Selvin Young, was arrested in 2003 along with linebacker Aaron Harris - defensive tackle Larry Dibbles and cornerback Edorian McCullough for marijuana possession. Those charges were dropped due to inadmissible evidence. shocking

Cedric Benson - criminal trespassing.

Erik Hardeman felongy possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) and misdemeanor marijuana possession.

Cedric Griffin investigated for assault charges; no charges formally filed by APD due to impending Rose Bowl. imagine that

The arrest of wide receiver Myron Hardy, charged with carrying a prohibited weapon.

Ramonce Taylor, felony possession of marijuana.

Tarell Brown, was arrested with Tyrell Gatewood and former Texas linebacker Aaron Harris with misdemeanor drug and weapon charges.wow. #2 for the big boy

Ahmard Howard and Brandon Collins arrested for drug possession. Both passed a drug test, and appear to have been "victims" of the Wrong Place/Wrong Time thing. common theme

Junior defensive end Henry Melton was arrested on a DWI charge June 1 after being pulled over in the Sixth Street entertainment district.

Robert Joseph, charged with misdemeanor burglary of a vehicle

Former Longhorn safety Robert Joseph, charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, a first-degree felony.

Sergio Kindle,charged with driving while intoxicated.

Andre Jones, charged with aggravated robbery (should be armed robbery).

Tyrell Gatewood, charged with misdemeanor possession.

James Henry, charged with obstruction or retaliation and tampering or fabricating physical evidence. Both offenses are third-degree felonies

Thanks for proving my point regarding Benson. Jello, you compared him to Lawrence Phillips who has been arrested for and/or charged with, in sequential order; assault (on his girlfriend), assault (drove into 3 people after a pick-up football game), domestic abuse (2 incidents in San Diego), domestic abuse (in LA), child abuse (charge dismissed), and assault with a deadly weapon (7 counts). Again, Benson may be a bad teammate, a punk, and certainly not the first player in NFL history to hold out due to contract dispute. But that doesn't make him Phillip's peer in the character department.

As for his 2 incidents at UT...first one was dismissed as it couldn't be proven the drugs and the paraphenalia were his (both of which were located in the person of the female whose name was on the lease of the apartment). Therefore he was innocent as it wasn't proven...a concept many on this board believe in right? Should I cut and past from a few recent posts to make my point?

And for the criminal trespassing...he pleaded no-contest (i think) so its on his record. Admittedly circumstances are a little sketchy on that one. But under Texas law it is a misdemeanor and the sentence appropriate. As for serving the 8 days, he was given credit for 2 days served for when he was originally arrested and as for the other 6...well...there were a lot of out-of-towners arrested that weekend.

Respond to the others in next post.

Dano7198
3/18/2008, 07:22 PM
Finger pointing does no good here fellas, regardless of the institution these student athletes who violate the law attend, bear in mind they are tried as ADULTS !!! You can give anyone the best of instruction....what they do with it is ultimatley up to them. If, in fact, the powers that be have had a hand in such matters, either through apathy or outright neglect, they too shall (should ) be held accountable as LEGAL ADULTS !!!

The bottom line here is Americas youth is a product of what we the people will condemn in private...yet do nothing about in public. I, for one, am tired.....

Collier11
3/18/2008, 07:31 PM
whoever thought Benson would be productive in the NFL anyways, all you had to do was look at his 3 games against OU (57 carries, 167 yds, 2 fumbles, 2.9ypc) to know that wouldnt happen. Im not just trying to dog ut, I just never saw it with this guy. His bad attitude just tops it off. Dont forget that his Bears "teammates" were intentionally picking fights with him and trying to hit him as hard as possible because of his crappy tude!

Jello Biafra
10/7/2010, 03:05 PM
its a shame this thread is dead.... sergio kindle was in it....oddly enough, i got carded on this thread and the kindle thread lol

Jello Biafra
10/7/2010, 03:06 PM
just for the record, i am still tied with cedric benson on tds against OUs Defense.

Collier11
10/7/2010, 03:12 PM
But it looks like he has turned his career around in spite of me :D

Jello Biafra
10/7/2010, 03:54 PM
But it looks like he has turned his career around in spite of me :D

mmmhmmm benson is ripping up the NFL....right on track with 2 fumbles lol

oudavid1
10/7/2010, 06:56 PM
Can someone tell me what this thread was originally about?

Collier11
10/7/2010, 06:57 PM
Farts

bluedogok
10/7/2010, 09:33 PM
Can someone tell me what this thread was originally about?
http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/4275.gif

freshchris05
10/7/2010, 09:46 PM
^^

OUDizzle
10/8/2010, 12:04 AM
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7745/texassucks.jpg