PDA

View Full Version : Matt Clapp @ tailback

adoniijahsooner
3/10/2008, 07:33 PM
I dont know if you guys check the spring highlight videos, but Matt Clapp looks impressive at TB in these highlights; Box looks good as well.

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/2008_spring_practice.html

AlbqSooner
3/10/2008, 08:18 PM
Clapp does look good. I am also impressed with the D backs in that video.

JohnnyMack
3/10/2008, 08:42 PM
DeMarco & Jermie are not amused.

goingoneight
3/10/2008, 09:14 PM
I like that Clapp is getting carries. It's unfortunate that it had to happen because of injuries at RB, but the guy will be well-groomed for next season if we need him. I think KW wants to uitilize the FB more, just like he wanted to utilize the TE more in 2006, but he holds off because of a lack of productivity in practice.

King Crimson
3/10/2008, 09:20 PM
if he's gonna run north and south i'm all for it. Murray ain't an every down back.

when he was "on it" that's what made Patrick great. hopefully Chris Brown can handle that one.

i just hope we don't give up on that FB pass on the goalline since Zaslaw dropped it twice.

goingoneight
3/10/2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah... but Zaslaw did get himself on National tevelvision every week from the time he did catch it against Miami... good enough for me :D.

CK Sooner
3/10/2008, 10:17 PM
I think using the fullback run is going to work out really good.

I think for the really short yardage (1 or 2 yards) we use Matt and for any longer than that we use Chris for the simple fact that he can cut it outside and make things happen if necessary.

CatfishSooner
3/10/2008, 10:57 PM
I love FB up the middle!

OU-HSV
3/10/2008, 11:59 PM
He did look quick. Also looks like a load to bring down when he's got that momentum. Nice.

goingoneight
3/11/2008, 12:28 AM
I heard that Auston English was taking a few snaps at FB last year just playing around in practice. That dude's tough and an ex-high school RB.

Didn't we use to use Torrance Marshall as a fullback every now and then? I could have sworn I saw him in on offense a few times.

Collier11
3/11/2008, 12:32 AM
I love FB up the middle!

It is especially a great play whent he D refuses to tackle...Oh wait :eek:

CincySooner
3/11/2008, 07:43 AM
Didn't we use to use Torrance Marshall as a fullback every now and then? I could have sworn I saw him in on offense a few times.

Yep,... they put in that wrinkle for the Orange Bowl. Lead blocker for some key first downs.

Part of me is interested to see what Wilson has in store for the fullback position, but the rest of me just says the tailbacks are talented enough to get the yards anyway.

I just realized the last time I can remember a fullback got a carry at OU was in 2000 at K-state. Seth Littrel up the middle after the long JT Thatcher kick return. Can anyone remember a more recent carry?

CK Sooner
3/11/2008, 07:50 AM
Yep, that was the last one I remember.

soonerfan28
3/11/2008, 11:48 AM
I think that J.D. Runnels had 2 carries in his career. He was a big help for Peterson his freshman year.

SoonerSinger3
3/11/2008, 12:54 PM
when I was at the 2002 rose bowl against wsu i remember runnels getting a carry up the middle that went nowhere. that's the last one i remember

The_Red_Patriot
3/11/2008, 01:03 PM
I can already see the headlines from this future star

"Texas unable to stop Oklahoma's Clapp"

"Catch the Clapp"

"OU's Clapp to powerful for cowboy defense"

"OU's Clapp proves again he is a threat"

:D

Pricetag
3/11/2008, 01:17 PM
The fullbacks got a ton of carries during the 2003 A&M game.

effay
3/12/2008, 06:37 PM
I don't understand why we are seriously talking about playing Matt Clapp at TB. The last time I checked, we had about a billion HBs on the team; what's wrong with Murray, Brown, Madu, Calhoun & Johnson once they get healthy? Is five guys not enough?

Breadburner
3/12/2008, 06:47 PM
Plan for the worst....Hope for the best.....

Desert Sapper
3/12/2008, 06:52 PM
I can already see the headlines from this future star

"Texas unable to stop Oklahoma's Clapp"

"Catch the Clapp"

"OU's Clapp to powerful for cowboy defense"

"OU's Clapp proves again he is a threat"

:D

What about stadium signs?

Give 'em some Clapp!

Clapp a little more, Clapp a little louder, Clapp just ran over the middle backer.

Mack's clap doesn't have enough P.

Clapp-tastic!

Clapp once, Clapp twice, Clapp three times, Touchdown!

Sooner_Havok
3/12/2008, 07:22 PM
Since when are hand-offs to the full back legal? Did this happen after J.D. left?