PDA

View Full Version : Crazy high school basketball finish

AllAboutThe'O'
3/9/2008, 08:27 PM
I was at this game last night. Still can't believe what I just saw. Perhaps the wildest finish I have or may ever see. Congrats to the Pocola Lady Indians for winning the 2A state title in dramatic fashion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gokQInm40A

Roncalli
3/9/2008, 08:34 PM
saw that this morning. amazing finish.

however, I think the technical is kinda BS. Let people celebrate. They thought it was the end of the game.

tulsaoilerfan
3/9/2008, 10:28 PM
saw that this morning. amazing finish.

however, I think the technical is kinda BS. Let people celebrate. They thought it was the end of the game.

as someone that has absolutely no interest in the game, i totally agree; they are high school kids and i can't blame them for being excited; the ref that made that call should be suspended for a long time

TopDawg
3/10/2008, 09:53 AM
The end of the Guthrie/Booker T game was pretty exciting too...although nothing like the game y'all are talking about.

Guthrie had a 3 point lead with about 30 seconds left. Booker T comes down and one of their guys hits a 3 with about 20 seconds left. Guthrie comes back and hits a layup with about 10 seconds left. Booker T comes down and the guy who hit the three is driving the lane, goes up and gets fouled. He goes to the line for two to tie it up with 3.8 seconds left. He misses the first, makes the second. Guthrie is inbounding the ball, up by one. There's confusion on the inbounds pass, the passer throws it downcourt as the guy he was throwing it to makes a cut back toward him. Booker T steals it...same guy who just hit the last free throw...he puts up a shot, misses. Booker T rebounds, puts up another shot, it misses. Booker T rebounds the shot, puts it up, makes it...but it was less than half a second after the buzzer went off.

And for the second year in a row, the 5A football champs repeat in Boys BBall (Carl Albert last year).

stoops the eternal pimp
3/10/2008, 10:23 AM
We went to the game with the savanna girls who lost to pocola twice in the post season, leading pocola thru 3 quarters before getting beat the last time.

I feel bad for the Walters girls. Its something that will stick with them the rest of their lives. And thats a terrible way to lose. I m just not sure what to think, even after watching it. They were out on the court with time remaining..if they had done it with 5 seconds left, would that be different?...on the other side, its high school girls and what should be expected in that situation? they arent thinking about the rules, their excited...

tulsaoilerfan
3/10/2008, 09:30 PM
We went to the game with the savanna girls who lost to pocola twice in the post season, leading pocola thru 3 quarters before getting beat the last time.

I feel bad for the Walters girls. Its something that will stick with them the rest of their lives. And thats a terrible way to lose. I m just not sure what to think, even after watching it. They were out on the court with time remaining..if they had done it with 5 seconds left, would that be different?...on the other side, its high school girls and what should be expected in that situation? they arent thinking about the rules, their excited...

i still think the technical foul, though correct by the rule book, was a stupid call considering the situation; is it too much to ask for common sense? However, i will add that the Walters team should have not let that girl get that good of a shot no matter how far out she was; why wasn't anyone in her face?

Sooner_Bob
3/15/2008, 09:40 PM
I'm just miffed that my high school's girls team was ranked #1 in 2A all year and didn't lose a game until Walters beat them in the semis . . .