PDA

View Full Version : Transferring

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2008, 07:38 PM
So, I mentioned this over at Slick's a few days ago, but I'm almost definitely transferring to the University of Alabama starting in January though there's a much lesser chance that I'll start in the Fall.

Carry on.

Melo
3/9/2008, 07:58 PM
You tell us like we care, or something.

soonerboomer93
3/9/2008, 07:59 PM
why, you want to spend another 8 years trying to get your associates from there?

Sooner_Havok
3/9/2008, 08:00 PM
So are you gonna be SicEmTide?

I think going to a school who's mascot is a big elephant is a great move for you:D

Ever consider UNM? it is pretty out there and miles away from any OK/Tex problems

GottaHavePride
3/9/2008, 08:01 PM
OK, I'll ask.

Why are you transferring?

tulsaoilerfan
3/9/2008, 08:06 PM
OK, I'll ask.

he's heard SEC girls are easier :D

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 08:10 PM
he's heard SEC girls are easier :D

For him, they might be tougher. :eek:

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2008, 08:15 PM
OK, I'll ask.

Well, several reasons. I don't want to go into all the details of it but there are three major factors.

1. Cost
2. The belief I can graduate faster by moving
3. A change of scenery. I've been in Waco now for nearly a decade and I feel like I'm somewhat stuck.

Mixer!
3/9/2008, 08:24 PM
Hope it works out for you, but I also hope this isn't because of...her.

royalfan5
3/9/2008, 08:30 PM
Well, several reasons. I don't want to go into all the details of it but there are three major factors.

1. Cost
2. The belief I can graduate faster by moving
3. A change of scenery. I've been in Waco now for nearly a decade and I feel like I'm somewhat stuck.
I'm pretty sure you can't graduate slower.

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 08:31 PM

A decade? :eek: And I feel like I need to leave Norman...

Don't worry guys, I'm graduating in December.

GottaHavePride
3/9/2008, 08:34 PM
I was in Norman for nearly a decade. I left with two degrees, and as soon as I give a recital I'll have a third.

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 08:36 PM
I was in Norman for nearly a decade. I left with two degrees, and as soon as I give a recital I'll have a third.

Ahh, but I am only getting a bachelor's.

tulsaoilerfan
3/9/2008, 10:23 PM
So is this why i see Bama stuff on the ebay ad at the top of the page? :)

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2008, 10:24 PM
So is this why i see Bama stuff on the ebay ad at the top of the page? :)

YEs, yes it is.

John Kochtoston
3/9/2008, 10:49 PM
So are you gonna be SicEmTide?

I think going to a school who's mascot is a big elephant is a great move for you:D

Ever consider UNM? it is pretty out there and miles away from any OK/Tex problems

He may end up there, even if he means to go to 'Bama, if I read another thread correctly.

BigRedJed
3/10/2008, 12:01 AM
Man, sounds like a good plan, SicEm. I think anytime someone is tired of being where they are, or that another place fits them better, a change of scenery can be good for the soul. I'd say go. Git.

Frozen Sooner
3/10/2008, 12:02 AM
I'll borrow a phrase from Bill.

A-hole gets on the plane in Waco. A-hole gets off the plane in Tuscaloosa.

Jimminy Crimson
3/10/2008, 12:05 AM
Roll, Tiiiiiide, Roll!

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 01:03 AM
I'm going to hang up my Baylor hat and get one of those Bear Bryant hats in its stead.

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 01:04 AM
Holy ***!

It just occurred to me that I'll be going to the same school as that useless SOB, Coach Carrot again! I swear being in the vicinity of that tool makes me ill.

tommieharris91
3/10/2008, 01:19 AM
Holy ***!

It just occurred to me that I'll be going to the same school as that useless SOB, Coach Carrot again! I swear being in the vicinity of that tool makes me ill.

I guess I'll start the explaining here. Put very simply:

Baylor Football <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Alabama Football

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 01:20 AM
I guess I'll start the explaining here. Put very simply:

Baylor Football <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Alabama Football

Don't underestimate Kevin Steele's ability to **** up a football program.

Ike
3/10/2008, 01:23 AM
http://videodetective.com/photos/815/034246_2.jpg

"Lots of people take 7 years to finish college"

"Yeah Tommy, They're called doctors"

AlbqSooner
3/10/2008, 05:40 AM
Didya ever consider transferring to the work force?

Okla-homey
3/10/2008, 06:32 AM
:D five observations:

1) The girls you'll encounter at UA will have higher standards, which will of course, make your pursuit of them more difficult.
2) You may be becoming that creepy perpetual undergrad who can't seem to get it together enough to graduate.
3) You will be transferring from one school that is incapable of beating Auburn in football to another school which is incapable of beating Auburn in football.
4) you'll find the political science department at UA far more liberal than the one you've been experiencing the previous 8 years or so.
5) Have you considered giving up your eight year quest for a bachelors degree and going to work in order to become a productive member of society and more than a societal liability?

Okla-homey
3/10/2008, 06:35 AM
I'm going to hang up my Baylor hat and get one of those Bear Bryant hats in its stead.

only co-eds wear those you know. It's considered gauche and disrespectful for males to do so.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/10/2008, 07:06 AM
How many hours do you need to graduate? Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to OSU like your parents did?

Ike
3/10/2008, 07:11 AM
How fast would SicEm graduate if his parents told him that starting next year, he's gonna have to foot his own bill?

Sooner_Bob
3/10/2008, 07:13 AM
I still think a move is a good idea . . . just maybe not to Bama.

Mixer!
3/10/2008, 09:43 AM
I think SicEm should get Beano or Deano to change his screen name to YellowHammerBammer.

:pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
3/10/2008, 10:02 AM
But you know what I've learned in my seven years here at Coolidge... Timmy? I've learned that you can't treat every situation as a life-and-death matter because you'll die a lot of times. Write that down.

proud gonzo
3/10/2008, 12:18 PM
Holy ***!

don't worry, I'm sure he feels the same way about you ;)

King Crimson
3/10/2008, 12:34 PM
sounds like an absurd move to me. if cost is prohibitive at BU, why then pay out of state tuition? Why Bama? seems pretty arbitrary. change of scene is one thing but issues with Waco and Baylor are more due to extended time there (for which the student is accountable, not to externalize that blame on the school or city).

more and more i'm in the sicem is fake/full of it/"pasadena bound" type crew.

TUSooner
3/10/2008, 01:27 PM
Just remember, go NORTH to Dallas and then TURN RIGHT and GO EAST on I-20.
YWIA!
;)

SelmaBamaFan
3/10/2008, 01:32 PM
:D five observations:

4) you'll find the political science department at UA far more liberal than the one you've been experiencing the previous 8 years or so.

Really? That seems odd, but you probably know better than I hehe. I have no idea wtf is going on with the political science dept. at UA lol.

As for SicEm, I'm afraid for his well being. Coming to Bama is quite the culture shock... if you dont drink that is, or if you dont drink a WHOLE LOT!! If you cant carry you're weight in a bar, then you better start practicing now ;)

Tuscaloosa is a drinking town with a football problem.

BigRedJed
3/10/2008, 01:48 PM
sounds like an absurd move to me. if cost is prohibitive at BU, why then pay out of state tuition? Why Bama? seems pretty arbitrary. change of scene is one thing but issues with Waco and Baylor are more due to extended time there (for which the student is accountable, not to externalize that blame on the school or city).

more and more i'm in the sicem is fake/full of it/"pasadena bound" type crew.
Well, maybe he's just making it up as an excuse to start a thread.

Frozen Sooner
3/10/2008, 02:07 PM
I'll borrow a phrase from Bill.

A-hole gets on the plane in Waco. A-hole gets off the plane in Tuscaloosa.

Apparently this needs some explaining.

Bill W. is the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. Members of AA refer to themselves as "Friends of Bill W." and you'll occasionally hear a page at an airport for Bill W.-meaning that an AA member is struggling and needs another member to come help them resist temptation.

Anyhow, the saying above is meant to convey that a change in physical location doesn't solve the personality flaws which lead to failure in the original location. Not that SicEm is an a-hole.

sooner_born_1960
3/10/2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Mike. I, for one, was kinda wondering about that.

King Crimson
3/10/2008, 02:26 PM
Well, maybe he's just making it up as an excuse to start a thread.

well yeah, of course. but it's just stupid.

i'm not enemy of stupidity. we all need it. but, this is dumb stupid not good, life renewing stupid.

there's a difference.

sooner_born_1960
3/10/2008, 02:39 PM
I say go for it. Hell, if someone would have paid for 10 or 12 years of college for me, I'd jump at it. When you get tired of Alabama, you ought to try a BIG10/11 school. I hear Wisconsin is nice.

NormanPride
3/10/2008, 02:46 PM
Wisconsin is awesome. Also, any student section that almost brings down a stadium has to be doing something right.

King Crimson
3/10/2008, 03:06 PM
Wisconsin is awesome. Also, any student section that almost brings down a stadium has to be doing something right.

madison is way liberal. commies out the wazzoo.

our good friend the Baylor "true" conservative would find tough sledding there.

every person in Madison has "Obama" or "Fairness Doctrine" tattooed on their stamp tramp space.

no whigs in Mad-Town.

TUSooner
3/10/2008, 03:21 PM

every person in Madison has "Obama" or "Fairness Doctrine" tattooed on their stamp tramp space.

no whigs in Mad-Town.

He said "whigs." Heh.

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 03:28 PM

no whigs in Mad-Town.

The fact that Wisconsin is a yankee state bothers me more than its liberalness. Wisconsin does have a great history department though...

JohnnyMack
3/10/2008, 03:30 PM
Have you thought about possibly transferring to a different message board?

BigRedJed
3/10/2008, 03:34 PM
Heh.

GottaHavePride
3/10/2008, 03:38 PM
The fact that Wisconsin is a yankee state bothers me more than its liberalness. Wisconsin does have a great history department though...

I hate all southerners.

By inference, I am standing at the North Pole.

;)

silverwheels
3/10/2008, 03:43 PM
Like Texas is a real Southern state...

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 03:47 PM
Have you thought about possibly transferring to a different message board?

I sort of already have. ;)

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 03:48 PM
Like Texas is a real Southern state...

You could say the same about Florida.

silverwheels
3/10/2008, 03:51 PM
You could say the same about Florida.

Yes, I suppose you could, if that were relevant to your hatred of all things Yankee and your current residence in Texas.

bri
3/10/2008, 03:52 PM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1251/535257488_f49772778a_o.gif

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, I suppose you could, if that were relevant to your hatred of all things Yankee and your current residence in Texas.

Well, it's very relevant to my hatred of yankees but not very relevant to my current residence in Texas.

BigRedJed
3/10/2008, 04:02 PM
I think it's the "sort of" part that makes me the most sad.

StoopTroup
3/10/2008, 04:55 PM
Sicem...

Your logic on School seems to be on track with your logic on love...

Did Baylor break up with you and your thinking of leaving so you can remain friends?

bri
3/10/2008, 04:56 PM
I think it's the "sort of" part that makes me the most sad.

Give it time, man. In another ten years or so, he'll have graduated to the other board. :D

shaun4411
3/10/2008, 07:20 PM

he can graduate more stupider.