PDA

View Full Version : This just in from OU...

Okla-homey
3/9/2008, 06:48 PM
The University of Oklahoma has just announced beginning in the fall of 2008, any kid who earns a 3.25 GPA at the end of the year, gets a rebate of a portion of his/her housing payment. I heard this on NPR so I didn't catch all the details, but I think the OU official who was interviewed indicated the rebated amount would be indexed to the GPA. Thus, a 4.0 kid would get a bunch back and practically stay in student housing for zilch.

Pretty cool way to kid kids back in student housing if'n ya ask me. Also encourages kids to study hard IMHO.

No word on the Boone State equivalent, but it is rumored to include unlimited grazing privileges on one of the several campus pasturelands for students who manage to find their assigned classrooms at least five times per semester.

LilSooner
3/9/2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah this came out a couple of weeks ago. Still pretty awesome.

texas bandman
3/9/2008, 10:19 PM
Only 30 years too late for me!

yermom
3/9/2008, 10:56 PM
interesting...

proud gonzo
3/9/2008, 11:41 PM
that's pretty cool. Too bad living in the dorms made me want to stab my eyeballs out every day.

Sooner_Havok
3/9/2008, 11:41 PM
Only 30 years too late for me!

Hell, I that is about half my current debt gone if I could have gotten that :(

yermom
3/9/2008, 11:57 PM
that's pretty cool. Too bad living in the dorms made me want to stab my eyeballs out every day.

i loved the dorms. i got NOTHING done though.

i mean, there were some things that were teh succ, but it was a lot of fun

AlbqSooner
3/10/2008, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=Okla-homey;2249631No word on the Boone State equivalent, but it is rumored to include unlimited grazing privileges on one of the several campus pasturelands for students who manage to find their assigned classrooms at least five times per semester.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Boone State has announced that they will be filing a condemnation suit to take those pasturelands and build parking garages for the world's greatest sports complex.:D

soonerbrat
3/10/2008, 09:18 AM
that's pretty cool.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/10/2008, 09:43 AM

I don't know...

Open halls into the girls floor...

Bottle rockets shot down the hall from a hole burned into the fire escape door...

Explosions in the fire escape bringing the bomb squad and the fire department...

Binocular use onto "Walker Beach"...

People urinating onto elevator cars while opening the elevator doors on a higher floor...

Fires in the garbage chutes...

Not that I participated in these things, but I was aware of these things during my stay in the dorms.

soonerbrat
3/10/2008, 09:48 AM
Not that I participated in these things, but I was aware of these things during my stay in the dorms.

uh huh.

OklahomaTuba
3/10/2008, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a decent program.

OU should consider bull dozing most of those dorms and building new ones.

RacerX
3/10/2008, 10:12 AM
With my gpa I would have had to pay extra.

fadada1
3/10/2008, 12:05 PM
retroactive pay sounds great. where do i sign up??