PDA

View Full Version : MVC Championship = First "Bubble Burster" of 2008

bri
3/9/2008, 01:25 PM
Drake and Illinois State are going at it right now for the Missouri Valley's automatic bid. Drake is in even if they lose, so this looks like the first game of Championship Week that all the bubble teams have a rooting interest in. If Illinois St. pulls off the upset and gets the automatic bid, that's one less at-large bid for some barely above .500 team from a "power conference"...

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 01:56 PM
It would be tough to see Drake lose this one. They are up 40-19 at the half.

King Crimson
3/9/2008, 01:59 PM
is Keno really his given name, or is it "Kenneth"?

Collier11
3/9/2008, 02:02 PM
Drakes gonna win, no bubble burst in this game. Actually, some were saying Illinois st could get an at-large so this butt whipping may prevent that

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 02:10 PM
Illinois State is about as bubblicious as Bubblicious.

bri
3/9/2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, Illinois State looks to be one of those 20+ win mid-majors that goes to the NIT and gets bounced in the first or second round 'cause they're too buys whining about getting "snubbed".

King Crimson
3/9/2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, Illinois State looks to be one of those 20+ win mid-majors that goes to the NIT and gets bounced in the first or second round 'cause they're too buys whining about getting "snubbed".

with an rpi at 32 i'd guess they get in. though i get REAL tired of being taught to love them ol mid-majors....because "upsets" are what the whole NCAA is about. woo! that and corporate sponsored brackets! yeah yeah!

Cinderella!!!!! rah rah rah rah!!!!!!! WHO are the #1 seeds!!!?????!!!!

WHO are the Oceanic 6......!!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
3/9/2008, 04:04 PM
no team that gets left out this year has any room to gripe...

badger
3/9/2008, 04:27 PM

I think they made the NIT more interesting by inviting more mid-majors that were part of Team Snub, or the "nearly made it"s or whatever they're called.

OSU got bounced at home by a mid major snubby last year, if I'm not mistaken ;)

badger
3/9/2008, 05:11 PM
and... Drake wins anyway, so no need to go all :eek: and :mad: over some team stealing OU's spot :D

...now, a few other teams in the conference, on the other hand...

bri
3/9/2008, 05:27 PM
I didn't mean to imply that anyone was stealing our spot; we're in. Finishing fourth in a top 4 conference RPI-wise clinches that. But it's always fun to watch all the upsets in the "one-bid" conference tourneys and see all the A&M's and NC States of the world pucker up. :D

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 05:53 PM
Uhh yea, we're in. The team that should be watching how the bubblers are doing is Texas A&M. They should be happy VCU and Ill St got beat today.