PDA

View Full Version : Any one mention Godbold crying today....

Soonerus
3/8/2008, 10:44 PM
...in the post game comments to the crowd...it was very touching and shows what a great Sooner he is...and great person..

SleestakSooner
3/8/2008, 11:08 PM
awwww

King Crimson
3/9/2008, 01:09 AM
heard it on the radio. David's made some great plays for us this year, no doubt.

Youngsooner
3/9/2008, 02:03 AM
heard it on the radio. David's made some great plays for us this year, no doubt.

Texas Tech is the first thing that comes to mind

Ardmore_Sooner
3/9/2008, 02:04 AM
Texas Tech is the first thing that comes to mind

Everyone forgets the West Virginia game. He won that game for us, I don't care what anybody says.

tommieharris91
3/9/2008, 03:53 AM
Everyone forgets the West Virginia game. He won that game for us, I don't care what anybody says.

That West. Va game was an entire team effort to me. It was a great win, especially from where we came being down 8 points in the 1st OT.

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2008, 03:56 AM
David Godbold is the epitome of the Kelvin Sampson diamond-in-the-rough type player. Find a guy with a ton of heart and tenacity and just have 'em work the other team to death. I'm glad he's been a part of this team and I'm glad that he got the opportunity to be coached by Capel.

If I'm recalling correctly, David had no D-1 offers out of high school and walked on at OU by invitation.

Ton Loc
3/9/2008, 03:23 PM
...in the post game comments to the crowd...it was very touching and shows what a great Sooner he is...and great person..

He was also crying during the presentation to the Seniors before the game. It was a little misty in the crowd at Lloyd Noble before the game.

stoopified
3/9/2008, 07:05 PM
If I'm recalling correctly, David had no D-1 offers out of high school and walked on at OU by invitation.
KS was originally recruiting Godbold to walkon but offered him a scholy when DeAngelo transferred.David is indeed a blue-collar player.Not a great scorer,rebounder or ballhandler but can make plays in all those areas andis a relentless defender and hustle player.

OUmillenium
3/9/2008, 09:22 PM
Props to David Godbold. Great effort this year, made some huge plays, and finished with a super game at LNC.

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2008, 09:54 PM
KS was originally recruiting Godbold to walkon but offered him a scholy when DeAngelo transferred.David is indeed a blue-collar player.Not a great scorer,rebounder or ballhandler but can make plays in all those areas andis a relentless defender and hustle player.

Yep, you're right. Plus he had an offer from Missouri State, I guess.

TopDawg
3/10/2008, 10:35 AM

I forget what he did in that game...can you recap?

He also was a big part of the biggest play of the OU/OSU game here in Norman. We inbounded the ball with only about 8 seconds left on the shot clock, but AJ didn't realize that. He passed it to Godbold who heaved up a prayer (almost from the same spot as the one he made in Lubbock), it drew iron, reset the clock, Blake made an incredible play to tip the rebound to himself, got fouled hard but somehow was still able to get the shot up, it went in and he hit his free throw. That was with around 2 minutes left and I think the score was tied before that play. It was kinda like when Eaton fouled out in Stillwater...the game was still up in the air at that point...but you just knew we were going to win it.