PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Simpson Hired By Spurs

stoopified
3/7/2008, 11:40 PM
To be their new Director of Communications.OK all the KOCO report said was they hired him as an advisor BUT aside from communications and CHEATING,I have no idea what he can advise anyone on.

Curly Bill
3/7/2008, 11:42 PM
I kind of like the Spurs, like the way they play ball, the way they go about doing things, if they hire Calvin...not so much.

Paperclip
3/7/2008, 11:46 PM
Well, they do play at the AT&T Center.

stoopified
3/7/2008, 11:49 PM
Well, they do play at the AT&T Center.Well,there ya go.Now it all makes perfect sense. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/7/2008, 11:51 PM
He should see if the Patriots got an opening

Sooner_Bob
3/8/2008, 12:01 AM
Dang guys . . . pile on why dontcha.

Curly Bill
3/8/2008, 12:11 AM
Dang guys . . . pile on why dontcha.

Dog Pile!!! Get outta the way before you get hurt!

GottaHavePride
3/8/2008, 12:16 AM
Dogpile on da wabbit! Dogpile on da wabbit! Dogpile on da wabbit!

tommieharris91
3/8/2008, 12:18 AM
Calvin hired to be a Director of Communications for a team that plays at at the AT&T Center?? rofl, this has got to be a joke...

the_ouskull
3/8/2008, 03:24 AM
How quickly these plebeians change their minds.

Come to think of it, "plebeians" might not be too bad a term to use here...

the_ouskull

sooner518
3/8/2008, 09:34 AM
My friend at the Nuggets/Spurs game last night said that Simpson was in the buiilding. Coincidentally, Eddie Najera had a career game

GrapevineSooner
3/8/2008, 10:08 AM
To be fair, he was simply invited down by Hypocropovich.

As a side note, I like Pop, but you can't complain about the Lakers getting Pao Gasol for virtually nothing and then stand idly by when RC Buford does the exact same thing in sending Brent Barry to the Sonics for Kurt Thomas. And actually, what the Spurs did is worse becase Barry got released by Seattle and is going to return soon to the Spurs.

badger
3/8/2008, 10:25 AM
Green is not a good color for you, GS.

sanantoniosooner
3/8/2008, 10:38 AM
he's just upset the his players aren't smart enough to keep their mouths shut;)

And I, for one, think that the trade for Gasol was an excellent move for Stern.:D

SeattleOUstudent
3/8/2008, 10:42 AM
So the guy that was fired for too many inpermissable phone calls and text messages is going to be the DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION....at the AT&T CENTER?????

Can you think of anyone more qualified??? :)

Great hire!

yermom
3/8/2008, 10:56 AM
pretty much.

i don't think there are any rules against texting or calling prospective players there either :D

badger
3/8/2008, 11:13 AM
pretty much.

i don't think there are any rules against texting or calling prospective players there either :D

Unless you're an agent, right? I know Drew Rosenhaus has gotten into trouble because he allegedly calls other agent's clients all the time trying to steal them away.

...now that I mention it, wouldn't that be a perfect job for him?

jdsooner
3/8/2008, 03:13 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- The San Antonio Spurs have hired Kelvin Sampson as an adviser, days after he resigned as Indiana University men's basketball coach amid allegations he committed major NCAA rule violations, 6Sports Director Dave Furst reported Thursday.

Sampson was in San Antonio's arena during the Spurs' 108-97 win over the visiting Indiana Pacers. He is expected to advise the defending NBA champions for the next few weeks, Furst reported.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2008, 10:59 PM
good luck to him...to excited about what this OU team has overcome and done this season to care about KS

TheHumanAlphabet
3/10/2008, 09:26 AM
Is this to get in introduced int o the NBA as his college coaching days are over