PDA

View Full Version : One more reason to hate Daylight Savings Time

oklaclarinet
3/7/2008, 12:29 PM
I think Daylight Savings Time is stupid and not really effective. Of course, Congress had to go and extend it, and now this year it starts on my birthday, meaning I have one less hour of birthday to celebrate. Thanks a lot!

Anyway a study has been reported that gives another reason to hate Daylight Savings Time:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/null/83073

Down with Daylight Savings Time!

Condescending Sooner
3/7/2008, 12:40 PM
I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want it to be light later into the day. You can play more golf, BBQ later, yard work, etc.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:43 PM
did someone say golf?

This one time, at golf tournament...I had a hole-in-one.

that would have been harder in the dark

oklaclarinet
3/7/2008, 12:44 PM
I'll take my light at the start of the day where it should be thank you.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:45 PM
why do you hate america?

and golf?

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:47 PM
I'll take my light at the start of the day where it should be thank you.

i'd just like to point out that the start of the day is when the sun comes up, not when your clock says it is. It's man's silly concept of tracking time that really bothers you.

TheHumanAlphabet
They should go back to the orginal name...War Time. As in WWII.

oklaclarinet
I hate driving to work in the dark. I go all winter driving to work in the dark, and now we get to March and the sun has finally started coming up over the mountains when I am driving, and now next week thanks to Daylight Savings Time it will once again be dark as I drive to work.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:49 PM
sa you are basically saying that you need a new job...

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:50 PM
I contend that the sun rises every single day, regardless of what your clock says, it's YOUR schedule that seems to be at issue here.

StoopTroup
3/7/2008, 12:52 PM
FORE!

oklaclarinet
3/7/2008, 12:54 PM
No, I don't to have to adjust my body's clock. I want the sun to be high at "high noon," not "high one o'clock." I want come fall to have the temperature actually start to cool before eight. I want our time zones to actually match where they should with the rest of the world. And I want to have 24 hours in my birthday this Sunday.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:54 PM
did my hole-in-one comment not make your hate of DST better?

mayhaps you haven't heard the entire story, shall I regale you?

it's no trouble.

Sooner_Bob
3/7/2008, 12:55 PM
I just want it to stay the same time no matter what . . . I'll adjust as needed.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 12:58 PM
once again, you are encumbered by your primitive need to mark points of the day with what you call 'time'. I suggest that you cast off your "time" devices and instead mark your days by the simple movement of the sun.

I'm sure your boss will understand.

JohnnyMack
3/7/2008, 01:02 PM
Looks like someone had a 2 appletini lunch today.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2008, 01:03 PM
*stab*

oklaclarinet
3/7/2008, 01:03 PM
Well, I'm usually the last one to leave my work anyway, and the sun is already down by that point, so it would be kind of hard to use only the sun. But if I were to use the sun, I would think that I would put half of my day before it reaches its highest point and half of it afterwards. However, that would put me an hour off of the rest of the country from March to November.

Chuck Bao
3/7/2008, 01:10 PM
I sometimes fly back to Asia on my birthday and the day is shortened to about 18 hours after crossing the international date line.

But, that's okay by me because 1) most of those hours are all daylight hours and 2) I've already switched over to the birthweek celebratory system.

Trust me, Oklaclarinet, celebrating the birthweek is actually better than the birthday. More excuses for drinking and partying.

Oh by the way, happy birthweek.

Celebrating the birthmonth would be good too. I've heard some people go as far as celebrating their birthseason. And why not? If you can be a little self indulgent, why not a lot?

yermom
3/7/2008, 01:15 PM
if they are going to move it around, they should just make it to where it's light every day until 8 or so :D

i don't care about driving to work in the dark, but i do hate getting home and not being able to do anything outside because it's dark

yermom
3/7/2008, 01:17 PM
and i just go for the "birthyear" and call it good

Chuck Bao
3/7/2008, 01:20 PM
and i just go for the "birthyear" and call it good

Yeah! This is your birthyear and mine too. Cake, ice cream and booze for everyone. Let's party.

olevetonahill
3/7/2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah! This is your birthyear and mine too. Cake, ice cream and booze for everyone. Let's party.

In
So Is it this sunday ?
Ya mean My clocks will be right again ?

Flagstaffsooner
3/7/2008, 03:14 PM
Ya mean My clocks will be right again ?Just means you'll be passin' out two hours ahead of me instead of one hour.

olevetonahill
3/7/2008, 05:44 PM
Just means you'll be passin' out two hours ahead of me instead of one hour.

Then you will have to get started earlier :P

AlbqSooner
3/7/2008, 10:58 PM
Daylight savings time is a destructive idea. It is the cause of global warming. That extra hour of sunlight is heating things up more. :D

Chuck Bao
3/7/2008, 11:15 PM
Daylight savings time is a destructive idea. It is the cause of global warming. That extra hour of sunlight is heating things up more. :D

Yeah, but you are stealing sunlight from the other side of the world. Stop that!

Curly Bill
3/8/2008, 12:21 AM
Just pick a damn time and quit switching back and forth. :mad:

TheBobbyTrain
3/8/2008, 02:32 AM
i don't get why it's such a big deal to some people. all it means for me is that now i get to spend more time outdoors after class and then in the summer i have longer time to wakeboard, ski, and do other wonderful outdoor things in the later evening hours.