PDA

View Full Version : Demarco Murray fastest among rbs in winter test?

adoniijahsooner
3/6/2008, 04:10 PM
Soonersports just released their conditioning results and DM has the fastest 20-40 times on the team; so why is he being held out of spring practice if his knee can go through shuttles and sprints?

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030608aab.html

Collier11
3/6/2008, 04:14 PM
maybe he is cleared for non-contact drills, that would be my guess

adoniijahsooner
3/6/2008, 04:15 PM
My bad, it gives the answer in the first paragraph.

"For players currently rehabilitating from injury, measurements listed are from previous testing times."

picasso
3/6/2008, 04:59 PM
wow, that's great news if he's already running full speed.

silverwheels
3/6/2008, 05:15 PM
My bad, it gives the answer in the first paragraph.

"For players currently rehabilitating from injury, measurements listed are from previous testing times."

So DeMarco's and Adron's numbers are probably from last Winter.

DrRube
3/6/2008, 05:38 PM
Looking at the numbers just stuns me. The speed and the strength and the body fat. Jeez Schmitty is a madman. And I think we should be paying our madman a little more.

Collier11
3/6/2008, 05:55 PM
Im just glad to hear that Stoops is admitting a greater focus on team speed

snp
3/6/2008, 07:48 PM
Stephen Good can outbench everyone on the team except for Cooper at the moment.

birddog
3/6/2008, 07:55 PM
pirate, you're tiny now.

snp
3/6/2008, 07:56 PM
Not the size of the handle but how you handle it.

birddog
3/6/2008, 08:24 PM
looks like someone put you in a de-bigulator.

OU-HSV
3/6/2008, 08:37 PM
So DM owns every RB category except 2. Nice. And some, or all of those are from last years numbers, so he could be improved since then, at least on the upper body drills.

goingoneight
3/6/2008, 09:58 PM
I wonder how he's really doing. The innerweb says all kinds of stuff that makes you wonder, but Eschback (sp?), Stoops and BB, Sr. have all said on different accounts that his knee was a quick fix and he was released for the Fiesta Bowl, but just didn't play.

Now he's not doing spring drills, so damn... what's going on? Are we going to get OUr DeMarco back? :(

OU-HSV
3/6/2008, 10:05 PM
I couldn't see how he won't be ready to go by the start of the season. I mean, he didn't break his femur or anything, we're talking about an ACL injury right...or something to that effect?

Ruuuuuufus
3/6/2008, 10:13 PM
I think some of these numbers are bogus. Brandon Walker with a 33.5" vertical? Was he standing on a chair? That's a larger vertical leap than McFadden.

adoniijahsooner
3/6/2008, 10:31 PM
I think some of these numbers are bogus. Brandon Walker with a 33.5" vertical? Was he standing on a chair? That's a larger vertical leap than McFadden.

I have seen 5"6 people dunk a basketball, it isnot out of the realm of possibility that he could sky like that.

goingoneight
3/6/2008, 10:52 PM
I couldn't see how he won't be ready to go by the start of the season. I mean, he didn't break his femur or anything, we're talking about an ACL injury right...or something to that effect?

Broken bones can be good as new in short as 6 weeks for an athlete as well-conditioned as a D-1 football player at a young age will be. Tearing ligaments, having knee caps come out of place, shaving or removing cartilage affects speed, athleticism and can be painful throughout the rest of your life. I had an ACL surgery, and while it is better than the torn knee, it's nowhere near the same as it was when I was healthy before the surgery. Same for my hand and the fifth metacarpal after pinning a broken bone. I have gone back to a normal life, but there's a flexion loss and it can be painful after writing, playing sports or being out in cold weather.

Collier11
3/6/2008, 10:58 PM
Broken bones can be good as new in short as 6 weeks for an athlete as well-conditioned as a D-1 football player at a young age will be. Tearing ligaments, having knee caps come out of place, shaving or removing cartilage affects speed, athleticism and can be painful throughout the rest of your life. I had an ACL surgery, and while it is better than the torn knee, it's nowhere near the same as it was when I was healthy before the surgery. Same for my hand and the fifth metacarpal after pinning a broken bone. I have gone back to a normal life, but there's a flexion loss and it can be painful after writing, playing sports, spanking monkeys or being out in cold weather.

:eek:

OU-HSV
3/7/2008, 12:00 AM
Broken bones can be good as new in short as 6 weeks for an athlete as well-conditioned as a D-1 football player at a young age will be. Tearing ligaments, having knee caps come out of place, shaving or removing cartilage affects speed, athleticism and can be painful throughout the rest of your life. I had an ACL surgery, and while it is better than the torn knee, it's nowhere near the same as it was when I was healthy before the surgery. Same for my hand and the fifth metacarpal after pinning a broken bone. I have gone back to a normal life, but there's a flexion loss and it can be painful after writing, playing sports or being out in cold weather.

Interesting. I see what you're saying..I just think he'll be good to go by game 1.
And to add to that...gaining weight effects speed as well, I can back that up. :D
But if someone breaks their femur I couldn't imagine 6 weeks recovery, am I correct in that aspect? I mean that's a huge azz bone.

MojoRisen
3/7/2008, 10:45 AM
I was pretty sure that it was not a quick fix as hoped and he went ahead and had surgery and cleaned up all the cartlidge and tightened everything up. I don't think he actually tore any ligaments and this was more of a scope for Cartlidge and again to tighten all his ligaments up since his knee cap dislocated.

As long as he is able to run non contact drills and rehab - summer practice should be fine for him... This is his third year in the system.

I think Chris Brown had similar clean up cartlidge type surgery as well to keep it from being a nagging injury. I once tore some cartlidge and did not have surgery and it nagged me for a couple of years even though I was at full speed in about 3 months my knee would pop out regularly and I would have to squat and pop it back in during games- this went on for about 3 years and basically when it popped out it was like having a wedge in a door and not being able to fully extend my knee straight.

KingDavid
3/9/2008, 08:21 PM
Not the size of the handle but how you handle it.

There will be no talk of handling one's handle on this board.

goingoneight
3/9/2008, 10:06 PM
Stoops seems pretty confident that as long as DM rehabs correctly and works hard that there will be no dropoff for DM and could be vast improvement in speed for CB. Oh, and the broken femur can heal in 6 weeks, but you still have to rehab the tightened muscles and ligaments around it. That's the toughest part of getting out of a cast or brace is your "healed" body parts are stiff as a board and very painful to move until a couple weeks of exercise. That's also a weight-bearing bone, so it could be even longer before you're strong enough to go as well.

snp
3/9/2008, 10:13 PM
There will be no talk of handling one's handle on this board.

I see you can't handle this discussion.

KingDavid
3/9/2008, 11:04 PM
I see you can't handle this discussion.

C'mon, dude. Get a grip.

:D

effay
3/10/2008, 11:18 AM
It's too bad that Nelson is so awful in coverage. What a waste of an athlete (41.5 vert!).