PDA

View Full Version : McCain thanks his "broad base" for winning GOP nomination

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/6/2008, 12:30 PM
At a speech in Dallas, on March 4th, '08, John McCAin thanks those who won him the Republican nomination:

"I want to thank all of you here, all the Republicans, INDEPENDENTS, and INDEPENDENT-THINKING DEMOCRATS, in all parts of the country, who supported our campaign for the nomination and have brought us across the finish line first, an accomplishment that once seemed to more than a few doubters unlikely."

There will be more voters in the near future, IMHO:

"We will campaign in favor of ... HELPING DISPLACED WORKERS ACQUIRE NEW AND LASTING EMPLOYMENT,..."

GottaHavePride
3/6/2008, 12:44 PM
So, he's saying he's got a fat ***?

mdklatt
3/6/2008, 12:48 PM
Is that like a "wide stance"?

CatfishSooner
3/6/2008, 12:56 PM
McCain is clearly the best canidate left from either party...

crawfish
3/6/2008, 01:10 PM
The "broad base" that gets him elected to the WH might very well be Hillary... ;)

3/6/2008, 01:45 PM
The "broad" that gets him elected to the WH might very well be Hillary... ;)Well, yeah.

3/6/2008, 02:16 PM
I see no evidence of effort being made to change rules to disallow "independents" to vote in a party's primary election. Or, in the puzzling case of Texas, where any registered voter can vote in either primary...why even have a primary like that?

bri
3/6/2008, 02:33 PM
To p*ss you off, duh.

Civicus_Sooner
3/6/2008, 02:35 PM
I see no evidence of effort being made to change rules to disallow "independents" to vote in a party's primary election. Or, in the puzzling case of Texas, where any registered voter can vote in either primary...why even have a primary like that?Open primaries are fine. You get one vote. Oklahoma doesn't have open primaries but here's an argument that we should have them. Say you are a Republican that lives in "Little Dixie" in Oklahoma. Registration in Pittsburg county is somewhere around 80% registered Democrat. In a closed primary state, like Oklahoma, no Republicans get to vote for Sherriff, county commissioner, court clerk, etc...because all of those fights are in the Dem primary because no Repub filed. How is that fair?

3/6/2008, 02:55 PM
Open primaries are fine. You get one vote. Oklahoma doesn't have open primaries but here's an argument that we should have them. Say you are a Republican that lives in "Little Dixie" in Oklahoma. Registration in Pittsburg county is somewhere around 80% registered Democrat. In a closed primary state, like Oklahoma, no Republicans get to vote for Sherriff, county commissioner, court clerk, etc...because all of those fights are in the Dem primary because no Repub filed. How is that fair?You get to vote for the democrat in the general, if you care to. (If a conservative in Pittsburg county wants to vote for a democrat in their primary, he should register as a democrat. Not complicated.)

What do you think of the republicans who voted for Hillary in TX dem primary, when they have no intention of voting for her or Obama in the general? IMO the primaries are for members of a party to select the representative of their own party. The general election is where everybody registered to vote gets to vote.

mdklatt
3/6/2008, 03:02 PM
What do you think of the republicans who voted for Hillary in TX dem primary

I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh if she wins it all.

3/6/2008, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh if she wins it all.Frankly, I'm not as skeered of her as I am Obama.

Civicus_Sooner
3/6/2008, 03:45 PM
A Republican shouldn't be forced to join another party to vote. Allowing them to use their ONE vote in ONE primary is fair.

Miko
3/6/2008, 05:11 PM
I don't see a problem with it either. You get one vote in the primary. WHich ballot do you want, the one with donkeys or elephants? The crappy part was showing up at your usual polling place to learn that it was a DEM polling place and that the REP poll is elsewhere.

A woman stood in line behind us for about 30, got to the front and asked for a DEM ballot. She was not happy. By then the polls were only open for about another 20 min.

I was tempted to point out that McCain was practically a dem and that she could vote for him.

dolemitesooner
3/6/2008, 05:16 PM
Frankly, I'm not as skeered of her as I am Obama.

Don't worry about it. Your like what 85 years old. **** you will proably get cancer by the time he got elected. Have fun being retired and go screw a prostitute.

Thats what I would be doing

3/6/2008, 08:01 PM
The new republican nominee is in for some really rough sledding, at the hands of the MSM, for the next 8 months. Brace yourselves!

Civicus_Sooner
3/7/2008, 01:28 PM
The new republican nominee is in for some really rough sledding, at the hands of the MSM, for the next 8 months. Brace yourselves!
Like if it were any other GOP nominee it wouldn't be the same? Jeez dude, let it go. McCain is way better than either of the Dems.