PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Here We Come

badger
3/6/2008, 09:28 AM
Hooray for FAIRWEATHER FAN CHEATIN' GOONERS!!!

;)

So NormanPride didn't want to watch last night's game, because he expected Poke Luck with the refs would be in full force in Stillwater on Senior Night. I however, insisted that we flip between Idol and OU.

Lo and behold, the badger was right to want to watch. NormanPride declared that we are now a lock for the NCAA's with this 20th win.

YAY! :D:D:D:D

crawfish
3/6/2008, 10:30 AM
After two years gone...it feels so great to be playing for seeding. :D

Boomer.....
3/6/2008, 10:43 AM
How can you watch AI over an OU game?

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 10:53 AM
I love how I'm a trustworthy source in this post. I have no freaking clue, and I get all my info from here. :D

:les: Double check your sources!

badger
3/6/2008, 11:26 AM
Ok, you want TRUSTWORTHY SOURCES?

Source #1: RPI Rating.
Fact: We are 27th. We are ahead of other such bubble teams in the conference as Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and OSU (who, mind you, is mid 70s, hehe).

Source #2: Strength of Schedule
Fact: We have the eighth toughest schedule in the nation and have done well with it, beating the likes of Arkansas, Gonzaga, Baylor (twice)and most recently, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State (twice).

Source #4: Expert analysis
Fact: ESPN and other sources, including my handsome husband NormanPride, have declared OU "in" even before we beat A&M and OSU.

Thus, we are IN, IN and IN.

Pistols firing, it's another FIRST ROUND (outage) for the Cowboys (in the Big 12 tournament)!

I would like to credit the following for the recent optimism which is incredibly founded and justifyable:

1- Top Daug: First and foremost, the return of beloved (and incredibly lucky) mascot Top Daug ensures the Sooners victory, regardless of how overhyped our visiting opponent is. Whoop!

2- Throwback jerseys: Whenever you give tribute to the past, the past gives tribute to your future in the form of victories.

3- The return of Billy Ball, et al: Everyone from the manager to Ski was onhand to pay tribute to our near-national title (stupid Jayhawks). Thus, this will push us to future title hopes... and you can't get titles without tourney bids!

4- Fan support: NP and I were at the A&M game and it was pretty much a full crowd there that were cheering and yelling throughout (until it was pretty much decided that A&M wasn't going to try to win anymore, which happened mid-second half).

Boomer!

OUSKINS
3/6/2008, 11:38 AM
Really excited about the game on Saturday now. Not too worried about what it means for our tourney chances, etc. as I think we are in as others have stated. The ONLY way I think we might blow it at this point is to lose to Mizzou AND lose in the first round of the B12 tourney IF we are the 5 seed playing Colorado. Then, we'd be on the bubble.

I'm hoping Saturday has kind of a "celebratory" feel to it. I hope the fans turn out for the last home game of the year and pay tribute to Longar and Godbold-- two unlikely cogs in what has been a very gratifying season.

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 11:54 AM
I'd love to be there. Man, that would be fun!

Alas, we are painting our new house in Tulsa. :(

Boomer.....
3/6/2008, 12:13 PM

While you watch AI?

:P

Collier11
3/6/2008, 12:19 PM

Paint on Sunday man! Geesh!

SoonerShark
3/6/2008, 01:22 PM
How can you watch AI over an OU game?

With all the timeouts, team and tv, and two tuner Tivo you can watch a variety show AND a basketball game at the same time. God bless Tivo, God bless us everyone.

Frozen Sooner
3/6/2008, 01:49 PM
After two years gone...it feels so great to be playing for seeding. :D

2?

badger
3/6/2008, 03:05 PM
While you watch AI?

:P

we have a DVR, so we didn't miss any of Idol (except the ads) or any of the game (except halftime and the ads).

Sounds like a good deal to me... unless you are obsessed with Chik-fil-a.

COW!

Yes, sweetie, cow.

COW!

Yes, cow.

COOOOOOOOOOOOW!

No, sweetie, that is an OSU fan.

;) just kidding

badger
3/7/2008, 11:22 AM
bump ;)

TopDawg
3/7/2008, 12:01 PM
I question the validity of source #3, badger.

NormanPride
3/7/2008, 12:05 PM
Ok, you want TRUSTWORTHY SOURCES?

Source #1: RPI Rating.
Fact: We are 27th. We are ahead of other such bubble teams in the conference as Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and OSU (who, mind you, is mid 70s, hehe).

Source #2: Strength of Schedule
Fact: We have the eighth toughest schedule in the nation and have done well with it, beating the likes of Arkansas, Gonzaga, Baylor (twice)and most recently, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State (twice).

Source #4: Expert analysis
Fact: ESPN and other sources, including my handsome husband NormanPride, have declared OU "in" even before we beat A&M and OSU.

lol

badger
3/7/2008, 04:33 PM
lol

:mad:

NormanPride
3/7/2008, 04:40 PM
My new bed:

http://allthingschill.com/img/macys_couch_450.jpg

:D