PDA

View Full Version : ESPN GameNight IDIOT

stoopified
3/6/2008, 08:57 AM
Was channel-surfing for game recaps after the win last nite and caught ESPN GameNight.The announcers were discussing who has played their way into the NCAA tourney.While showing OU-osu highlights one genius said: OU IS IN BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING THEIR BEST NOW AND HAVE FOUGHT THROUGH INJURIES AND ARE NOW HEALTHY.

Those comments were made off-camera so I have no idea who the MENSA candidate is who made them .It is however one of the stupidest comments I haver heard or read.Blake is out with 2 bad knees and L2 is playing on a broken leg,on what planet does that constitute healthy?

Boomer.....
3/6/2008, 09:12 AM
Blake might be back for the Mizzou game.

Just sayin'.

OUSKINS
3/6/2008, 09:19 AM

Just sayin'.

I don't want to get too cocky, but a big part of me wants us to sit Blake out against Mizzou NO MATTER WHAT. I think we're pretty much in already, and I think we can beat Mizzou w/o him. I say just give him that extra time and have him ready for the B12 tourney.

stoopified
3/6/2008, 09:20 AM

Just sayin'.Big IF and even at that will be playing on two bad knees.Capel said that Blake asked to play in Stilwater but that still don't make him HEALTHY and doesn't change that L2 is playing in pain from a boken leg.

Boomer.....
3/6/2008, 09:28 AM
I don't want to get too cocky, but a big part of me wants us to sit Blake out against Mizzou NO MATTER WHAT. I think we're pretty much in already, and I think we can beat Mizzou w/o him. I say just give him that extra time and have him ready for the B12 tourney.

Oh, I agree. I would rather him rest it more and come back healthier than pain his way through the healing process.

It seems like Longar is starting to be pretty mobile again. I'm wondering if he isn't close to being fully healed.

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 10:44 AM
I'd bet Blake will play, but he shouldn't.

cheezyq
3/6/2008, 11:14 AM
I'd bet Blake will play, but he shouldn't.

I agree wholeheartedly. One of the things I noticed about Blake is that before the first injury he was extremely explosive and active. You could tell that he lost some of that after the first injury even though he was still playing very well, and it lingered even as he got his 2nd injury. I'd rather let him rest and be strong for the NCAAs, maybe playing a little in the B12 tourney.

But, I'm not an expert on injuries or anything. Just nervous that him coming back so soon off of knee injuries is going to hurt him for the long term.

tommieharris91
3/6/2008, 11:18 AM
Was channel-surfing for game recaps after the win last nite and caught ESPN GameNight.The announcers were discussing who has played their way into the NCAA tourney.While showing OU-osu highlights one genius said: OU IS IN BECAUSE THEY ARE PLAYING THEIR BEST NOW AND HAVE FOUGHT THROUGH INJURIES AND ARE NOW HEALTHY.

Those comments were made off-camera so I have no idea who the MENSA candidate is who made them .It is however one of the stupidest comments I haver heard or read.Blake is out with 2 bad knees and L2 is playing on a broken leg,on what planet does that constitute healthy?

This idiot was Steve Lavin. You shoulda heard the some of the dumb things he said last night on the college gamenight.

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 11:57 AM
Wasn't he the guy that got canned from UCLA? The same UCLA that lost the championship game three years after he left? Yeah, he's an idiot.

ouradu
3/6/2008, 01:23 PM
With the way Misery pushes their defense full court, I don't think I want Blake out there trying to run so much on that knee. I'd rather he sit in this type of game.

Ash
3/6/2008, 04:24 PM
Wasn't he the guy that got canned from UCLA? The same UCLA that lost the championship game three years after he left? Yeah, he's an idiot.

Yes and yes. There's a reason guys like Fraudschilla and Lavin are holding a mic and not a clipboard.

Remembering Tom Stidham
3/6/2008, 05:13 PM
Lavin may be ignorant about our injuries, but he was certainly complementary of our team.