PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2009 for PS3

CatfishSooner
3/4/2008, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know when this comes out ?? Is it in May? We should be pretty darn good I suppose! Anywho, I'm dying to play b/c I've had '07 for bout 2 years now...(I had to boycott Zabransky '08 SOB:mad: )................

47straight
3/4/2008, 11:39 PM
It would be nice if it actually had 85 man rosters for a change. I mean, of all the features that require little effort to implement. Probably a result of too much Madden-team influence. "What, I have to put in more players than 55. Aw, man..."

kelloggOUballa
3/5/2008, 12:02 AM
usually comes out in July.

CatfishSooner
3/5/2008, 12:05 AM
usually comes out in July.

dam...:mad:

OUTrumpet
3/5/2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, it's usually the 2nd or 3rd Tuesday in July. That way they can have updated rosters with freshmen, accurate scheduling, close to accurate depth charts, etc.

And they've been up to 70 (from 55) guys on rosters since the 05 version came out, the one with Fitzgerald on the cover.

47straight
3/5/2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah, it's usually the 2nd or 3rd Tuesday in July. That way they can have updated rosters with freshmen, accurate scheduling, close to accurate depth charts, etc.

And they've been up to 70 (from 55) guys on rosters since the 05 version came out, the one with Fitzgerald on the cover.

Yes I know. 70 < 85. Madden developers still ****y about having to make it 70. You would think with the extra time saved from not having to enter names they would be happy about it.

I'm imagining some 49ers fan of a coder who hates having to enter the 70th player's stats for The Citadel.

RedstickSooner
3/5/2008, 09:26 AM
I still wish they'd make some fundamental changes -- like get rid of the numerical rating system for players. Make it so the "true" values of a player are a hidden stat, which you have to try to figure out from how they play.

Real players don't walk around with 87 or 94 hovering over them, telling you *precisely* how good they are. Even the NFL with its battery of tests can't accurately read how talented a player is -- and I think one of the biggest weaknesses of both Madden & NCAA is that they give these absolute numeric values to the players, and let you see 'em.

Part of coaching is uncovering talent, evaluating it, and developing it. I'd love to see that aspect included more accurately in the game. But, since I don't see anyone else complaining, I'm guessing I'm pretty much alone here :)

stoops the eternal pimp
3/5/2008, 09:45 AM
All I know is that I was very unimpressed with last years version and hope this one looks a lot better

SoonerinSouthlake
3/5/2008, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know when this comes out ?? Is it in May? We should be pretty darn good I suppose! Anywho, I'm dying to play b/c I've had '07 for bout 2 years now...(I had to boycott Zabransky '08 SOB:mad: )................

Dont get your hopes up about us being that good. I have XBOX 360 so it may be a different story on PS3, but it seems we are always slighted on the skill lever of players. AD had the speed of an average running back a when he was on it.

CatfishSooner
3/5/2008, 11:29 AM
I thought AD was pretty redicaculous in the last one I had w/ him it it...DM should be offf the charts this year (in the game and in reall life)!

stoops the eternal pimp
3/5/2008, 11:37 AM
Well I expect a lot better game this year. This last one was the first one I had not purchased...Going all the way back when it was Bill Walsh college football

bstuff1979
3/5/2008, 11:54 AM
'08 wasn't/isn't all that bad within the context of EA's NCAA games. Personally, I prefer All-Pro Football 2k8. A lack of licensing prevents the game from having any "real" teams, but you can create any particular team you want. The redeeming quality of this game is that it's much, MUCH, closer to life in terms of x's and o's and playbooks/plays. With EA's games, the outcome of the play seems almost pre-determined based on what the other side has picked. Plays just don't break. Add that to offensive line blocking schemes that are John Blake-bad and a laundry list of "money plays" and it just gets boring. All you need to do is read man or zone2/3/4 and audible on O. On d, a 3 man front (when pinched) will get more pressure than a full house blitz w/ a ten man front. This doesn't happen in 2k8, so I just live with my OU team having only an "O" on the side of the helmet rather than the official logo.

Sooner FLiP
3/5/2008, 12:53 PM
i still play 08 but i was dissappointed with the game. it has its pros, but i wish EA would come up with AI that lets DBs/LBs who are in zone coverage to actually pursue a runner during option plays once it is evident that the QB is not going to pass the ball.

silverwheels
3/5/2008, 02:14 PM
This game is going to suck, just like it has for the past 4 years.

adoniijahsooner
3/5/2008, 03:08 PM
anyone know why 2k doesnt make a ncaa football game

silverwheels
3/5/2008, 03:15 PM
A few years ago EA bought the exclusive license for NCAA football, so 2K could either make a game with generic teams or not make one. They obviously quit. EA also did the same thing with the NFL, which is why All-Pro came out with retired players and generic teams.

Basically EA is trying to have a monopoly on sports games, which is the smart business tactic, but it hurts the consumer.

adoniijahsooner
3/5/2008, 03:23 PM
A few years ago EA bought the exclusive license for NCAA football, so 2K could either make a game with generic teams or not make one. They obviously quit. EA also did the same thing with the NFL, which is why All-Pro came out with retired players and generic teams.

Basically EA is trying to have a monopoly on sports games, which is the smart business tactic, but it hurts the consumer.

It hasnt hurt me, because I dont buy there crap anymore. I knew about the NFL, but didnt know they bought the rights to ncaa as well. Do you when the deal is over so that we can get some competition going again? I guess 2k ****ed them off when they made a better game than madden and sold it for 19.99.

silverwheels
3/5/2008, 03:38 PM
I don't remember exactly how long the contract was, but it'll be a while. In the meantime, we can all enjoy the mediocre products they put out on a yearly basis.

NormanPride
3/5/2008, 04:12 PM
They killed the create-a-team, so they killed my support.