PDA

View Full Version : Man, Hillary's having a good night

Big Red Ron
3/4/2008, 11:19 PM
Wins in RI and Ohio. Maybe Texas but still too close. I thought Obama was going to close the door on the Clinton - Bush deal forever tonight.

Curly Bill
3/4/2008, 11:23 PM
Maybe she's made a deal with the devil? Let me beat Obama and you may have my soul.

CatfishSooner
3/4/2008, 11:26 PM
Maybe she's made a deal with the devil? Let me beat Obama and you may have my soul.

probably...:texan:

GrapevineSooner
3/4/2008, 11:28 PM
Texas will go for her, I think.

The votes here get counted from east to west. And I can't see those mostly latino voters out in West Texas not voting for Hillary.

Course, stranger things have happened in politics.

Curly Bill
3/4/2008, 11:32 PM
I'm sorta glad, as much as I dislike the Clintons I'm glad to see the Obama bandwagon hit a pothole.

Whet
3/4/2008, 11:35 PM

can't - deal made a long time ago! Her soul already belongs to the devil. :D

Sooner98
3/4/2008, 11:37 PM
Clinton's lead in TX has widened to 35,000, with 51% reporting.

Curly Bill
3/4/2008, 11:38 PM

Yeah, I knew someone was gonna point that out...

...maybe it was Chelsea's soul they gave up? :D

Whet
3/4/2008, 11:48 PM

Yeah, you probably hit that nail on the head!

47straight
3/4/2008, 11:53 PM

She at least had it till she went to work as a consultant. :P

OCUDad
3/5/2008, 12:08 AM
Idiots, all of you. It was Monica's soul.

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 12:11 AM
Idiots, all of you. It was Monica's soul.

Well see, there you go, I didn't know she was on Team Clinton. ;)

Maybe Hill brought her back to pay penance.

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2008, 12:12 AM
*sigh*

Hey, let's all vote for someone that a large portion of America wouldn't vote for if she was running against a child molester!

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 12:14 AM
*sigh*

Hey, let's all vote for someone that a large portion of America wouldn't vote for if she was running against a child molester!

As a member of the Republican party, I just want to say: Isn't it great! :D

edit...and thanks to all who voted ;)

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2008, 12:17 AM
Jesus, it's like we're just hoping John McCain shows up for a debate having forgotten his pants or something.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/5/2008, 12:17 AM
I don't understand why a practicing democrat wouldn't be just as happy with Hellery as with her rival. They both want to do the same things to America.

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 12:22 AM
*sigh*

Yet more people voted for her tonight then Obama, so are you saying:

child molester > Obama

:D :D :D

Octavian
3/5/2008, 12:41 AM
*sigh*

Don’t be so sure…

With things getting more and more bitter between Obama and Hillary camps, it's looking like some Hillary voters are considering swearing off Obama in the general election.

Ten percent of Democratic Obama supporters say they would support McCain over Clinton in a general election. But a full quarter of Hillary's Democratic supporters say they would not support Obama if he were the nominee.

link (http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/513)

A full 25% of her HRC’s base (which includes women, senior citizens, blue collar Reagan-Democrats, and Hispanics) say they won’t back Obama vs. McCain. That's a lot of folks.

Clinton has now won Florida and Ohio...those aren't just important states in the general election; they're pretty much all that matters. The Left might have a big problem now regardless of who wins the nomination....if the Right fully coalesces around McCain.

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2008, 01:14 AM
Yet more people voted for her tonight then Obama, so are you saying:

child molester > Obama

:D :D :D

Hey, man, I don't live in Texas or Ohio.

soonerboomer93
3/5/2008, 02:13 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229234?GT1=43001

interesting numbers out of texas

looks like the republican strategy of supporting hillary worked (although some did vote obama)

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2008, 02:32 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21229234?GT1=43001

interesting numbers out of texas

looks like the republican strategy of supporting hillary worked (although some did vote obama)

Of course, being that Texas isn't a winner-take-all state and Obama (as of this writing) looks to have a good chance to win more actual delegates out of the state than Clinton...

soonerboomer93
3/5/2008, 02:36 AM
true, but the caucus is supporting obama, while the primary is going to hilary

obama did make a big push to get people to the caucus though, with reminders that you had to vote in the primary to participate in the caucus

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2008, 02:43 AM
true, but the caucus is supporting obama, while the primary is going to hilary

obama did make a big push to get people to the caucus though, with reminders that you had to vote in the primary to participate in the caucus

I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

The caucuses also favor Obama because they grant delegates proportionate to turnout in the last election cycle-which means that Dallas, Houston, and Austin will have disproportionate impact in granting delegates. At least, if I understand their process correctly.

Anyhow, it'll be interesting to see how Texas gets spun if Hillary wins the primary but Obama winds up with more delegates.

Okla-homey
3/5/2008, 07:06 AM
this is wunnerful. #1) keeps HRC in the race and dookin' it out with BHO.
#2) It ensures both the HRC and BHO campaigns continue to hemorrage beaucoup dinero #3) if HRC wins out, this election is practically a lock for JSM.:D

Hot Rod
3/5/2008, 07:55 AM
if HRC wins out, this election is practically a lock for JSM.:D

I was thinking the same thing after watching these results last night.

Sooner_Bob
3/5/2008, 07:57 AM
Any chance we could just start all over with new candidates?

Politics make my head spin.

Howzit
3/5/2008, 08:43 AM
*sigh*

IN!

;)

SanJoaquinSooner
3/5/2008, 10:19 AM
The Blacks, college kids, and latte donks favor Obama, while the senior citizens, Latinos, and females favor Clinton. The donks can't win in Nov without good support from both camps.

McCain has a reasonable chance of winning in Nov even if the cultural conservatives are cool toward him.

soonerbrat
3/5/2008, 10:23 AM

what are you talking about, she IS the debil

3/5/2008, 10:25 AM
Regardless of who wins, we will still not secure the Mex border, and there will be inestimable new social spending.

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 10:27 AM
McCain has a reasonable chance of winning in Nov even if the cultural conservatives are cool toward him.

Reasonable chance? pffft...McCain's gonna whip the donk candidate like a rented mule. Book it!

...I will be betting all my vCash on McCain...all of you'd be wise to do the same. ;)

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 10:29 AM
Regardless of who wins, we will still not secure the Mex border, and there will be inestimable new social spending.

Well yeah, how else are you gonna make people happy unless you spend money on them? ;) ...that of course includes our (illegal) new arrivals

3/5/2008, 10:31 AM
Well yeah, how else are you gonna make people happy unless you spend money on them? ;) ...that of course includes our (illegal) new arrivalsGot any rolaids?

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 10:33 AM
Got any rolaids?

Just don't worry about it...our grandkids and their kids will get to pay off the tab, not us. :D

3/5/2008, 10:34 AM
Just don't worry about it...our grandkids and their kids will get to pay off the tab, not us. :DI am sorta expecting tax increases, too.

crawfish
3/5/2008, 10:35 AM
As usual, although everybody complains about negative campaigning, it works.

Watch for Obama to start now.

Curly Bill
3/5/2008, 10:39 AM
I am sorta expecting tax increases, too.

That's if the donk candidate wins. If McCain wins we'll pass the cost of the increased spending on to our descendants.

3/5/2008, 10:43 AM
That's if the donk candidate wins. If McCain wins we'll pass the cost of the increased spending on to our descendants.McCain has a history of going along with social programs and govt. restrictions, in cahoots with the dem. "The rich", those making $50K or more, will prolly get a tax hike.

NormanPride
3/5/2008, 10:46 AM
As usual, although everybody complains about negative campaigning, it works.

Watch for Obama to start now.

IMO, that would completely kill his campaign. He'd have to be really good at disguising it, or else a lot of his followers would become disillusioned with the one they think is the most "pure".

Politics makes me ill.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/5/2008, 11:01 AM
I think last night ensured that this thing goes to the convention. Obama's going to come out of the primaries with more pledged delegates but Hillary's going to go to the super delegates and point out her wins in Fla and Ohio - the two states that likely decide the general election. This should be real interesting.

crawfish
3/5/2008, 11:07 AM
IMO, that would completely kill his campaign. He'd have to be really good at disguising it, or else a lot of his followers would become disillusioned with the one they think is the most "pure".

Politics makes me ill.

...and all the while, the McCain campaign is just standing by, not spending, letting the two dem sides come up will all the ammo he'll need. :)

It almost seems that the Clinton/Obama camps are beginning to hate each other so much that McCain may be the second choice for each...

Frozen Sooner
3/5/2008, 12:21 PM
craw, I think McCain has pledged to use public funding only in the general if his Democratic opponent will do the same. Obama has said that he's willing to discuss that with McCain.

Collier11
3/5/2008, 02:38 PM
with the delegate distribution in the democratic party and the caucus win for Obama, his lead stayed virtually the same and it would take a huge victory in each remaining state for billary to have shot. The popular vote really doesnt matter much, just like in the General Election

Collier11
3/5/2008, 02:44 PM
Thru today the delegate count is Obama 1556 to 1449, so after billaries 3 "huge" wins she gained about 10 delegates

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/elections/delegates?ref=ipb

Civicus_Sooner
3/6/2008, 03:05 PM
What's really messed up is that the Dems went with this "proportional" delegate plan after 2000. all it's done is ruin them. If the regular "winner take all" system were in place HRC would already be the nominee.

The Dems want to do this to the electoral college. No thanks and God bless ya, everyone. ;)

Big Red Ron
3/6/2008, 11:26 PM
What's really messed up is that the Dems went with this "proportional" delegate plan after 2000. all it's done is ruin them. If the regular "winner take all" system were in place HRC would already be the nominee.

The Dems want to do this to the electoral college. No thanks and God bless ya, everyone. ;)Werd.