PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Lawsuit?

StoopTroup
3/4/2008, 09:28 PM
What say you?

John Ritter was an amazing actor IMO...his early death is very sad.

Just thought I'd run a pole to see how some of you felt about the lawsuit.

FYI....

Lawsuit seeks $67 million in damages

GLENDALE, California (AP) -- Sobbing into her hands, John Ritter's widow gave jurors in a wrongful-death trial a minute-by-minute account of events leading up to the actor's death in 2003.

Amy Yasbeck sometimes could barely speak through her tears as she recounted the last hours in which she was summoned to a hospital and told her husband was having a heart attack and needed an angiogram.

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/04/ritter.trial.ap/index.html)

Another link about a possible misdiagnosis....

LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/02/05/ritter.death.ap/index.html)

olevetonahill
3/4/2008, 10:23 PM
My 1st thot when I heard about this was "Money Grubbin Bitch "

GottaHavePride
3/4/2008, 10:25 PM
But would you hit it?

bri
3/4/2008, 10:26 PM
Yes I would. Like Jack Tripper hitting the floor after a pratfall.

Especially if it keeps her from trying to get a Wings reunion movie together.

olevetonahill
3/4/2008, 10:31 PM
But would you hit it?
On this Sea of Life that Im sailing On . As far apart as the Safe Ports are . Id Hit just about anything .

sooneron
3/4/2008, 10:32 PM
She was hawt on Wings, but 67 mill is WAY frivolous.

She said when it came to child rearing, "I really was dependent on him. I was 36 years old.
WTF?? How stupid can she be? Bad question.

Curly Bill
3/4/2008, 11:25 PM
Aren't most lawsuits these days shameless?

soonerboomer93
3/4/2008, 11:50 PM
Ritter's second wife, Amy Yasbeck, and his four children have already received a reported $14 million in settlements with nine other medical entities, including the hospital where he was treated.
yeah, he still had really high earning potentional, but you know, i'd probably be fine with 14 million

47straight
3/4/2008, 11:51 PM
Aren't most lawsuits these days shameless?

As are doctors who kill patients then gripe about malpractice insurance rates.

Curly Bill
3/4/2008, 11:54 PM
As are doctors who kill patients then gripe about malpractice insurance rates.

...but they save more then they kill, it's like anything else: you win some, you lose some. Besides it's not like they kill them on purpose...shat happens.

NormanPride
3/5/2008, 11:55 AM
Sounds like she's already sued everyone under the sun about this thing. Just doing her part to raise medical costs around the country, I guess.

achiro
3/5/2008, 12:09 PM
She should be suing for a brazillion dollars, I mean how in the hell are we suppose to have a three's company comeback show now!:mad:

In all seriousness, I don't know how to put an amount on what someones life is worth but there were a lot of mistakes made with him that could have changed the outcome.

sooneron
3/5/2008, 12:09 PM
Sounds like she's already sued everyone under the sun about this thing. Just doing her part to raise medical costs around the country, I guess.
I wonder how long til she's at some healthcare sucks rally.:rolleyes:

SOONERKAT
3/5/2008, 03:06 PM
What I find ironic is all of the covergae of her "sobbing and weeping" on the stand and how her emotional testimony may work to sway the outcome.

She's an actress ....

olevetonahill
3/6/2008, 03:02 AM
What I find ironic is all of the covergae of her "sobbing and weeping" on the stand and how her emotional testimony may work to sway the outcome.

She's an actress ....

Ya think ?

rufnek05
3/6/2008, 09:17 AM
its called medical science. Not medical garentee we won't **** up. **** happens

mdklatt
3/6/2008, 08:44 PM
...but they save more then they kill, it's like anything else: you win some, you lose some. Besides it's not like they kill them on purpose...shat happens.

There's a standard I want when I'm doctor shopping.

Ever kill anybody?

A few times, but I didn't mean to.