PDA

View Full Version : Red-White Game tickets to go on sale

Jay C. Upchurch
3/3/2008, 09:49 PM
Tickets for Oklahoma’s Red-White Spring Football Game will go on sale to the public on Wednesday, March 5. The game is set for April 12 with a tentative kickoff time of 1 p.m.

The tickets are $5 in advance or $10 the day of the game and are available in person at the Athletics Ticket Office on the plaza level of the Asp Avenue Parking Facility, by phone at 405-325-2424 or 800-456-GoOU, or online at www.SoonerSports.com.

Children 5 and under are admitted free of charge, as are all OU students with a valid student ID. All Spring Game seating will be general admission.

OU SID

OU-HSV
3/3/2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks Jay C.
Hope to make it this year. I've never been to the spring game..seems like there's always a conflict of events that day, which I'm forced to attend.

goingoneight
3/3/2008, 10:34 PM
Is it gonna be on TeeVee this year? Hope so, cuz I'm working a stupid fishing tourney. They'll be on the water during the R/W game hours, though...

Jay C. Upchurch
3/4/2008, 12:40 AM
I have not heard if the game will be televised... I'll check with OU sports information and find out...

goingoneight
3/4/2008, 12:55 AM
plzkthx. :)

I heard from the guys at work that Stoops gives the yay or nay on televising the Spring game. He's usually pretty open with spring ball, but I do remember the season ending on a bad note, he may be humbling them again like the nameplates dealio from 2006.

Sabanball
3/4/2008, 09:04 PM
You guys charge admission?? Didn't know that. That's interesting, our spring game is set for April 12 as well--yet another similarity between our two storied programs...lol. I know our game was televised last year, and I am sure it will be this year as well. We had a capacity crowd of 92,000+ last season with all the Saban hype, and expectations around here are that it will again top at least 75,000..

Are you guys having any concerts or special events planned for the day before(other than the usual "meet and greet" with the players, coaches, etc...)? I know we've got Alan Jackson scheduled to do a concert at BDS the night before and MLS Sports, a company out of NYC, has been contracted to put on something called the Gridiron Bash--supposedly includes a lot of interactive things and activities for the fans. From what I understand all of this is sort of a new trend a lot of the bigger football schools are going to... As big as these games are getting at our respective schools, I guess it was just a matter of time before sales and marketing people got involved and figured out this is a huge money-making venture opportunity for the schools and other companies.

goingoneight
3/4/2008, 11:07 PM
I wish I knew... last year it was cold as hell the night before and pretty damn chilly again for the game on Easter weekend. I think you just answered my question, though. I don't see ESPN picking up OUr spring game with 'Bama playing the same day... they're all about the SEC this year.

Soonerfan88
3/6/2008, 01:16 PM
ESPN will be showing the Florida game this year.

soonerfan28
3/6/2008, 02:19 PM
With J. Johnson getting reps this spring does anyone think he'll be ahead of Calhoun on the depth chart? If so then who do we redshirt at tailback? What about reciever?

soonerfan28
3/6/2008, 03:48 PM
Here is some info on soonersports.com about OU's winter conditioning.http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030608aab.html

Sabanball
3/6/2008, 08:11 PM
I wish I knew... last year it was cold as hell the night before and pretty damn chilly again for the game on Easter weekend. I think you just answered my question, though. I don't see ESPN picking up OUr spring game with 'Bama playing the same day... they're all about the SEC this year.

I would say ESPN is more into promoting the ACC this year than any other conference. I believe they signed a contract with them just recently.

goingoneight
3/6/2008, 10:04 PM
I wasn't dogging them, it's just that the SEC will be the flavor of the year this year... like USC was in 2004 and 2005 for example. ESPN, though a sports network, is still a television network. They'll follow what's hot and this year's ticket is the conference that could have three legit MNC contenders.