PDA

View Full Version : Raw - 3.3.2008

bri
3/3/2008, 09:17 PM
Ah, nothing like kicking off the show with a worked "MMA match" between Big Show and some no-name boxer to get people fired up. Good lord, that was horrible. Shane McMahon should be kicked in the head for thinking a Big Show/Floyd Mayweather match was a good idea.

Gah.

badger
3/3/2008, 09:35 PM
we watch every week, but I'm walking between televisions to watch terminator also

bri
3/3/2008, 09:51 PM
As a Jerichoholic, I'm disturbed at the fact that they lured him out of retirement just to resume being the top part of the card's job bitch. First they rush him into a placeholder feud with Orton with no rematch, then they fed him to JBL in a complete waste of time, and now they just had Jeff "I Still Can't Cut A Promo" Hardy totally heel on him. What a waste.

The Wrestlemania commercial was funny though. Nice to see Carlito jobbing to a seagull.

r5TPsooner
3/3/2008, 10:25 PM
As a Jerichoholic, I'm disturbed at the fact that they lured him out of retirement just to resume being the top part of the card's job bitch. First they rush him into a placeholder feud with Orton with no rematch, then they fed him to JBL in a complete waste of time, and now they just had Jeff "I Still Can't Cut A Promo" Hardy totally heel on him. What a waste.

The Wrestlemania commercial was funny though. Nice to see Carlito jobbing to a seagull.

I totally agree. They must have paid him some big bucks to come back as a jobber for the would be champ at the time.

Dare I say he would have been more valuable to TNA instead of WWE?

bri
3/3/2008, 10:30 PM
Nah, he would have just gotten lost in the shuffle in TNA. There's already too many people clogging up the main event scene there, plus their booking is in even worse shape than the E.

And nothing says "prolonged computer break" quite like a live interview with "Money" Mayweather. Gah.

NormanPride
3/3/2008, 11:04 PM
I really, really, really hope they don't heel up Hardy too much. He's one of the only fun ones to watch anymore!

I do enjoy the Santino segments, because he's funnier than most sitcoms nowadays. Nice to see Maria stand up to him finally (it was getting old) but I liked her better as a ditz. WWE desperately needs more crowd interaction. There's too much posturing and blabbing on about how whoever is going to win because "nothing is going to stop" them. Not enough "Well now I have to wrestle here in Asstin, home of the most criminal football team in America!" That stuff is the best.

VeeJay
3/3/2008, 11:07 PM
I am giggling at this snappy banter.

I do believe the last time I watched rasslin I saw someone hold up a sign for the camera that said "My Sister Has Herpes."

bri
3/3/2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty meh-tastic Raw. And we're pretty much gonna keep getting the same show the next two weeks, 'cause anyone who doesn't think that Randy Orton will use his night in charge to put Trips and Cena in a match with each other followed by Trips using his night in charge (heh) by putting Cena and Orton against each other just hasn't watched rasslin' before.

I could be wrong, though. They surprised me with the no-finish tonight. I just assumed that we'd get all the one-on-one matchups out of the WM match (Trips/Orton, Orton/Cena, Cena/Trips) and let them each get a win along the way to show how "even" the main event is.

VeeJay
3/3/2008, 11:14 PM
For those sick of watching National Geographic and Keith Olberman and college basketball and whatnot, what station is this on?

bri
3/3/2008, 11:15 PM
USA Network, 8-10:05(ish) every Monday.

Well, except for next week when it's three hours starting at 7. I'm just nervous 'cause I remember what happened the last time they had a three-hour Raw scheduled. Awwwwkward!

def_lazer_fc
3/4/2008, 04:32 AM
alert me when brutus the barber beefcake is coming back, but until then, im out. last time i caught a second of it, there was some black macho man hack. i don't know if it was wwf or what though.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/4/2008, 08:25 AM
Nah, he would have just gotten lost in the shuffle in TNA. There's already too many people clogging up the main event scene there, plus their booking is in even worse shape than the E.

And nothing says "prolonged computer break" quite like a live interview with "Money" Mayweather. Gah.

I m money..I break his jaw dis time..lass time i broke his nose...i break his jaw dis time...i break it...money...i fight him

bri
3/4/2008, 08:55 AM
alert me when brutus the barber beefcake is coming back, but until then, im out. last time i caught a second of it, there was some black macho man hack. i don't know if it was wwf or what though.

That would be "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, X-Division champion for TNA. And it's even worse now, 'cause they have a guy called "Stone Cold" Shark Boy that's a scrawny masked jobber doing a Steve Austin impression.

I swear, Vince Russo must write his scripts in crayon.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/4/2008, 09:21 AM
The only such knockoffs I remember being entertained by was the BWO

Mixer!
3/4/2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTO_n5GTVYE

bri
3/4/2008, 01:08 PM
It's actually kind of entertaining.

Linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL_tdy3Ok3s&feature=related)