PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Wilkerson is a Buc

Sooner in Tampa
3/3/2008, 12:33 PM
I really hope that this will boost his career.

BUCS BAG ANOTHER ONE

With a huge amount of cap space and plenty of guys coming to town, the Bucs have signed another new player.

According to Pewter Report, the Bucs have worked out a two-year deal (http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/3950) with Chiefs defensive end Jimmy Wilkerson.

Wilkerson was a sixth-round draft pick of the Chiefs in 2003.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/3/2008, 12:36 PM
Good for Jimmy..glad he s doing well

Collier11
3/3/2008, 12:37 PM
FWIW, he has made $2,059,209 while in the NFL not counting his new contract, that works out to be $411,841/yr...not bad for a guy who "screwed up" by leaving early

sooneron
3/3/2008, 01:36 PM
FWIW, he has made $2,059,209 while in the NFL not counting his new contract, that works out to be $411,841/yr...not bad for a guy who "screwed up" by leaving early
So he's averaged the league minimum. Good jorb.

Sooner in Tampa
3/3/2008, 01:49 PM
FWIW, he has made $2,059,209 while in the NFL not counting his new contract, that works out to be $411,841/yr...not bad for a guy who "screwed up" by leaving earlyI still believe that he would have been better off staying for his senior year. He has been average at best in KC...hopefully a change of scenery will do him some good and get him re-motivated.

Collier11
3/3/2008, 01:58 PM
I still believe that he would have been better off staying for his senior year. He has been average at best in KC...hopefully a change of scenery will do him some good and get him re-motivated.

I def. think staying would have helped him, but I dont think he is crying over make $400k/yr

Sooner in Tampa
3/3/2008, 02:00 PM
I def. think staying would have helped him, but I dont think he is crying over make $400k/yragreed

Big Red Ron
3/3/2008, 02:08 PM
Wilk was one of those guys just had to go when he did, a redshirt soph, I think. Lots of family issues, yada, yada. If he could have stayed he would have made more money but I wouldn't be too worried about this deal.

Collier11
3/3/2008, 02:13 PM
Anyone seen what his new deal is worth? FYI, if you are ever interested in seeing what NFL guys make just go to http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/default.aspx

It gives year by year updates including bonuses, kinda cool

BudSooner
3/3/2008, 09:14 PM
Great to see and I hope he enjoys the change of atmosphere down with Chucky, he will be a welcome addition to my boys...awesome news!

OKC-SLC
3/3/2008, 09:30 PM
The Chiefs suck serious monkey ballz. He is better going anywhere.

I live in KC and have for two years. And I've never witnessed a high profile "corporation" being mismanaged into cluster fu**itude like this one.

OU-HSV
3/3/2008, 10:20 PM

I live in KC and have for two years. And I've never witnessed a high profile "corporation" being mismanaged into cluster fu**itude like this one.
Sprint?? ;)

OKC-SLC
3/3/2008, 10:25 PM
Sprint?? ;)
A close second.

goingoneight
3/3/2008, 10:39 PM
I still believe that he would have been better off staying for his senior year. He has been average at best in KC...hopefully a change of scenery will do him some good and get him re-motivated.

Somehow I don't think that OUr coaching staff would have made him a superstar if he hasn't made one of himself by now.

bluedogok
3/3/2008, 11:20 PM

They miss their leader, they never seemed to be this pathetic as long as Lamar was still around.

Collier11
3/3/2008, 11:35 PM

At this rate, id rather have Marty back...atleast then we were going 13-3 and losing in the 1st rd every other year

NorthernIowaSooner
3/4/2008, 12:26 PM
i dont know if this is right or not but looking at that sight i was seeing what AD made and he did pretty well for himself but Pat Williams on the Vikings apparently cost the Vikings over 17 million against the cap

Blitzkrieg
3/5/2008, 12:06 PM
Good for Jimmy, but he stil lscrewed up leaving early. It has cost him dearly, and you can never make that first year signing bonus money back.

batonrougesooner
3/6/2008, 09:00 PM
So is Teddy Lehman