PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen concert in Dallas tonight...

TheUnnamedSooner
3/3/2008, 10:33 AM
Any of you Dallas hillbillies going to the show tonight? I heard on the radio last night that the show has been cancelled but haven't found a reliable source (just heard the very end of what the DJ was saying). The American Airlines Center website and Van Halen's website still say the show is still on? Anyone on here know for sure?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/3/2008, 10:52 AM
I heard Eddie is having problems and is cancelling the tour.

http://www.theinnerwebs.com/showthread.php?t=23002

Beef
3/3/2008, 10:53 AM
One of my co-workers heard the same rumor. Something about Eddie falling off the wagon after Val's book.

OUDoc
3/3/2008, 10:59 AM
Makes me more angry that I couldn't go to the OKC show.

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 11:06 AM
:cry:

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 11:07 AM
:D

OUDoc
3/3/2008, 11:12 AM
:cry:

I hate Van Halen.
It's gonna suck.
I might not use my [B]FREE TICKETS.

[BRJ after show]
Oh, greatest show ever.
Van Halen was great.

:mad:

:)

frankensooner
3/3/2008, 11:14 AM
I'm glad I saw them back in 84 at the Myriad.

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 11:16 AM
I hate Van Halen.
It's gonna suck.
I might not use my [B]FREE TICKETS.

[BRJ after show]
Oh, greatest show ever.
Van Halen was great.

:mad:

Well, hardly the greatest show ever. But surprisingly, quite good. Better than staying home and babysitting, I'm guessing.

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 11:23 AM
Scissor kick!!

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 11:24 AM
To Doc's nutsack!

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 11:27 AM
Don't you hate it when people take the spek comments you leave them and use them on the board as their own jokes?

OUDoc
3/3/2008, 12:04 PM
Don't you hate it when people take the spek comments you leave them and use them on the board as their own jokes?
Nah, it has to be better than the crap I usually post here.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/3/2008, 12:43 PM
One of my co-workers heard the same rumor. Something about Eddie falling off the wagon after Val's book.

Searching the web, some say it is just that, a rumor. Still has the date up at the AA center and the VH website. Guess I'll find out when I get there.

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 01:00 PM
Prepare to get your face rocked off!

Unless Eddie's drunk.

Dio
3/3/2008, 01:08 PM

Unless Eddie's drunk.

:eddie:?

King Crimson
3/3/2008, 01:44 PM

Unless Eddie's drunk.

somebody posted some EVH solos on youtube about which i'd say that's the only explanation. just terrible.

King Crimson
3/3/2008, 01:45 PM
:eddie:?

oh, man.

Taxman71
3/3/2008, 02:00 PM
Sounds like the premium I paid for the OKC show may have been worth it after all. This definitely $ucks if true...especially for the long-term prospects of the band.

Somewhere, Michael Anthony is laughing his arse off.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/3/2008, 02:42 PM

Unless Eddie's drunk.

Don't know about Eddie, but I probably will be. But I'm not going to be trying to pull off some kick a$$ solo either, not even on air guitar.

I'll post a review/update tonight or in the morn.

BigRedJed
3/3/2008, 02:43 PM
Well, you should probably be drunk as a backup, just in case it sucks. I know the guys sitting next to me used that strategy.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/3/2008, 03:02 PM
I've used the strategy before. The show can suck, but you think it's awesome. That didn't work for soundgarden, they were horrible even though I was drunk. Looking back on it, I feel really bad for the sober people.

King Crimson
3/3/2008, 03:16 PM
I've used the strategy before. The show can suck, but you think it's awesome. That didn't work for soundgarden, they were horrible even though I was drunk. Looking back on it, I feel really bad for the sober people.

to me that was GNR in Denver in 90 or 91. they were awful.

now, i saw Soundgarden open for both Janes Addiction and Danzig in Denver and the same year and they were really good in smaller venues. but, i also knew all the songs on Ultramega OK and Louder Than Love. now, Janes was a good show too but Danzig on the Danzig (self-titled LP) tour was AWESOME. crazy shizz. great live rock and roll.

sooneron
3/3/2008, 03:19 PM
I'm glad I saw them back in 81 at LNC!!!.
Fixed!

Sooner Traveler
3/3/2008, 07:07 PM
No show tonight in Dallas - AAC informed me it is rescheduled for April 24.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/3/2008, 11:49 PM
^^^^ What he said. Something about Eddie and medical problems. Needing to see if he needs procedures

The Van Halen concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Raleigh, and Baltimore have been postponed. According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures.

The March 3rd Dallas concert at American Airlines Center has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 24, 2008; Cincinnati's March 5th concert at U.S. Bank Arena has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 22nd; Raleigh's March 7th concert at RBC Center has been rescheduled for Sunday, April 13th; and Baltimore's March 9th concert at 1st Mariner Arena has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 15th.

Fans should retain their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled concerts or ticket refunds will be issued at the original point of purchase.

www.van-halen.com

frankensooner
3/4/2008, 10:03 AM
Fixed!

That probably was a much better concert than the one in '84. Jump makes me want to jam a pair of scissors in my earholes.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/4/2008, 10:06 AM
This reminds me of a thread I've been meaning to start...

soonerbrat
3/4/2008, 10:25 AM
but hey, if you're still down there, you can go see the Jonas Brothers tonight instead

Grimey
3/4/2008, 05:39 PM
Van Halen is dead to me without Michael Anthony. No offense Wolfie

King Crimson
3/4/2008, 05:50 PM
That probably was a much better concert than the one in '84. Jump makes me want to jam a pair of scissors in my earholes.

that's where i'm at. i can get with panama and hot for teacher but jump makes me as you say. one of the worst, stupidest songs ever. evar.

BigRedJed
3/4/2008, 05:51 PM
that's where i'm at. i can get with panama and hot for teacher but jump makes me as you say. one of the worst, stupidest songs ever. evar.
Agreed.

Taxman71
3/4/2008, 05:52 PM
Van Halen is dead to me without Michael Anthony. No offense Wolfie

Based on the accounts of us locals who went and others who virtually travel with VH, the OKC show was one of their best.....ever. Still, the absence Michael Anthony was obviously missed. Wolfie is vocally and musically talented, but having 1/4 of the band standing in the corner vs. what MA does makes a huge difference.

BigRedJed
3/4/2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, that was one of the reasons I had huge reservations about the show. I was most worried about the vocals. Wolfie's prolly already as good or better on the bass. But he was hitting MA's register pretty much dead on. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, much like Keith Moon and the Who, the band just isn't the same without MA.

I'll say this though: they were 100x better than that Van Hagar shlock I saw them throw out WITH MA a few years ago.

Sounds like we were really lucky to catch them on a great night.

King Crimson
3/4/2008, 06:41 PM
i like 3 lock box but hagar was weak with VH. finish what you started was ok, not better than ok.

KC//CRIMSON
3/4/2008, 09:17 PM
:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlgE5TKXWsA

bluedogok
3/4/2008, 11:03 PM
The 1984 show was the worst of the DLR tours, it was a complete disappointment after seeing them on the previous tours.

bri
3/4/2008, 11:09 PM

Panama is the tits. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EFByMGO2s)

Taxman71
3/5/2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, that was one of the reasons I had huge reservations about the show. I was most worried about the vocals. Wolfie's prolly already as good or better on the bass. But he was hitting MA's register pretty much dead on. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, much like Keith Moon and the Who, the band just isn't the same without MA.

I'll say this though: they were 100x better than that Van Hagar shlock I saw them throw out WITH MA a few years ago.

Sounds like we were really lucky to catch them on a great night.

Agreed. It shows that VH at its best requires all 4 original guys.

Now I understand why Zepplin called it quits after Bonham died. Didn't want to give em less than expected.

Partial Qualifier
3/5/2008, 11:04 AM
to me that was GNR in Denver in 90 or 91. they were awful.

Dude, I saw Metallica/GNR at dallas stadium. Metallica opened and RMFO. GNR was absolutely unbelievably horrible, so bad in fact that people started leaving about halfway through their set. I couldn't believe how bad they sounded and looking back, they were far and away the worst performance I've ever witnessed. No amount of booze would've made it any better.

OUDoc
3/5/2008, 11:21 AM
It's because Axl can't sing. I think they Milli Vanilli'd him for their albums.

Beef
3/5/2008, 11:25 AM
I saw VH on the Diver Down tour. They were in prime form despite touring for a less than stellar album.

I didn't have a problem with Van Hagar. I looked at them as a completely different band. I had a good time the only time I saw them live, but that was at the Monsters of Rock tour and I had already had my face rocked off by Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica and the Scorpions by the time VH got on stage. I also wonder if the fact that the concert was in July at the Cotton Bowl made me a little delirious and VH seemed better than they were.