PDA

View Full Version : Girls vs. UT

NormanPride
3/3/2008, 10:13 AM
I didn't see a thread on the first page, so I was wondering... what happened in the second half? I didn't get a chance to catch it, but we were up 2 at the half, right? Looks like they shot about 20 more freethrows than we did.

Curly Bill
3/3/2008, 10:17 AM
I didn't see a thread on the first page, so I was wondering... what happened in the second half? I didn't get a chance to catch it, but we were up 2 at the half, right? Looks like they shot about 20 more freethrows than we did.

Our guards can't shoot...but they can turn it over. This was my take on it, though I must admit to not watching much becuse when I did turn it to the game what little I saw was UGLY.

I mean how many times can you watch Plumley try to make that low skittering bounce pass from the wing into the post and see it skip right out of bounds?

Remembering Tom Stidham
3/3/2008, 11:49 AM
We had humiliated Texas on their home court. Gail wanted to be sure it did not happen, again. The biggest change from the first game was the Texas defense. They forced our 30 turnovers. We may not beat Texas for the next decade. Now, she will start recruiting. That was a pathetic performance.

Ash
3/3/2008, 11:52 AM
We got our 3rd and 4th free throws with :37 left in the second half.

Officially, 26 turnovers, but I think that number has been generously....trimmed by the Sooner stats people because the unofficial number was 33 half way through the second half.

Jenna was one of the best looking PGs as a freshman in the conference. Now she's playing the off-guard/combo role and trying to be a three point shooter. I have yet to understand why this move was even comtemplated much less put into place. Now, she's ineffective at either position - looks like she's pressing too much to either make a great assist play or jack it up.

Outrebounded by Texas.

But...Paris still got her numbers, so I guess it's all good... :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
3/3/2008, 05:44 PM
That was a really hard game to watch. We played SO stupid. Turnovers were BAD turnovers. How many times did we try to throw it to Courtney in the low block, just to sail it too high off her fingers and out of bounds? Sheesh...

Statalyzer
3/3/2008, 06:34 PM
Looks like they shot about 20 more freethrows than we did.

8-12 of them were on purposeful fouls in the final minute or two.

I mean how many times can you watch Plumley try to make that low skittering bounce pass from the wing into the post and see it skip right out of bounds?

I couldn't tell from this particular game (radio, not TV), but I've seen this before and oftentimes the problem is CP isn't quick enough out of her low block position to chase down a slightly bad pass that's even just beyond her fingertips.

Jenna was one of the best looking PGs as a freshman in the conference. Now she's playing the off-guard/combo role and trying to be a three point shooter.

In a sense it's hard for y'all to blame the coaching staff for that since most of her shots were 3-pointers anyway and she was accurate at them. She's just too small, IMO, to play anything but PG, E-Bay is not very big for a SG and she was still posting up Jenna a few times. Carla Cortijo couldn't have done that.

OUfan7
3/3/2008, 08:46 PM
IMO it was the unforced turnovers that did us in. Terrible passes, not even close. Passes that Yao Ming could'nt have pulled down and bounce passes that did'nt come a foot off of the floor. We got outrebounded and the hustle effort was'nt there.

Ash
3/4/2008, 12:51 AM
The total lack of execution of the fundamentals by this team in some games is baffling.

ouwapiti
3/6/2008, 04:39 PM
guards pass up wide open 15' shots to penetrate and then turn it over or throw up some sort of trash shot....why in the heck dont they shoot and then when they miss courtney can rebound......i'm gonna watch vs aggies tonight but wont hesitate to turn it off if the 'rot' starts again...sorry, but i just cant take the guards' ineptitude...sherri better do some dang good recruiting in the very near future...i love sherri but my god !!!!