PDA

View Full Version : Leapin Louies Lagoon

StoopTroup
3/2/2008, 08:19 PM
WOW! Great place for a kids party...

My nerves are shot...

There was a bar there next to the cake / present areas...

Driving your kid home after drinking wouldn't be cool though...

I endured.

If I ever have to go there for a 3 hour party again...we're taking a cab over there. :D

http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/TULSADT/H5JXHT0G_450.jpg
http://www.radisson.com/rad/images/hotels/TULSADT/H5JXHT0I_450.jpg
http://media.expedia.com/hotels/1000000/30000/28300/28215/28215_11_s.jpg

StoopTroup
3/4/2008, 01:16 PM
I still hear indoor swimming pool echoes....

Viking Kitten
3/4/2008, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna get on a soapbox here for a second.

1) Big sign in the top photo says "No lifeguards on duty." That means parents have to be extra-extra vigilant.

2) There's a bar? Is that terribly wise? Drunk parents are not extra-vigilant parents.

I say this because a four-year-old nearly drowned at a party in our neighborhood a few years ago when all the parents were beering it up and not paying attention to the kids in the pool. Our kids were too young at the time to be at that party, but I was looking over the fence when EMTs revived the kid. It scared the living **** out of me.

And because my kids have summer birthdays, they always want swimming parties. I am downright anti-social when anyone is in the pool. You've gotta watch them like hawks.

But on point, I agree. For a kids' party at a place like Chuck E. Cheese, a couple shots of something or at least a valium is a very good idea.

StoopTroup
3/4/2008, 01:57 PM
I was a little freaked at first VK...

There is only one way in and one way out.

There was a girl with a whistle there but I had to be the one to caution my little boy with the "NO RUNNING" rule.

This would be a better idea if they had more employees.

I wonder if the Hotel Management will keep this thing going if they get a few lawsuits.

The Thing is...It's a good idea to watch your kids there IMHO.

SoonerInKCMO
3/4/2008, 02:00 PM
I'm gonna get on a soapbox here for a second.

1) Big sign in the top photo says "No lifeguards on duty." That means parents have to be extra-extra vigilant.

2) There's a bar? Is that terribly wise? Drunk parents are not extra-vigilant parents.

I say this because a four-year-old nearly drowned at a party in our neighborhood a few years ago when all the parents were beering it up and not paying attention to the kids in the pool. Our kids were too young at the time to be at that party, but I was looking over the fence when EMTs revived the kid. It scared the living **** out of me.

And because my kids have summer birthdays, they always want swimming parties. I am downright anti-social when anyone is in the pool. You've gotta watch them like hawks.

But on point, I agree. For a kids' party at a place like Chuck E. Cheese, a couple shots of something or at least a valium is a very good idea.

They're safer than riding in a car you're driving. :pop:

SoonerInKCMO
3/4/2008, 02:01 PM
Don't kill me. :O

Viking Kitten
3/4/2008, 02:04 PM
*snicker*
I DIDN'T ASK THE HORSE TO BE IN THE ROAD![hairGel]

BigRedJed
3/4/2008, 06:44 PM
Better watch out, KCMO. She'll gut you with that bottle opener she keeps in her purse.