View Full Version : Blake Griffin has knee surgery

tommieharris91
3/2/2008, 04:46 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3211074/1204492670

Ton Loc
3/2/2008, 06:02 PM
By Scott Wright
Staff Writer
NORMAN — An MRI Saturday night revealed a partially torn medial meniscus in the right knee of Oklahoma freshman Blake Griffin and the 6-foot-10 forward is expected to return to action sometime during the postseason.

The news release by OU did not specify a length of time Griffin will be out of action.

A two-time Big 12 Player of the Week, Griffin is OU’s leading scorer and rebounder on the season. He ranks ninth in the Big 12 in scoring (15.2 per game), fourth in rebounding (9.3) and third in field goal percentage (56.8). Over the last five contests, Griffin is averaging 16.8 points and 12.8 boards.

There may not be a long enough post season for him to return to.:(
That won't stop me from cheering for one though.:D

Youngsooner
3/2/2008, 06:11 PM
man, hope things go well... maybe he'll be fine and we're gonna use the shock attempt against OSU like we did against Baylor :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/2/2008, 06:32 PM
I take it to mean he will definitely miss the next 2 games and I would guess probably the Big 12 tourney but could be available in 3 weeks for the NCAA or NIT.

I can't say I'm thrilled about our chances in Stillwater but I think we beat MU get a 5 seed in the conf tourney, win a first round game and are solidly in the tourney.

kbsooner
3/2/2008, 06:33 PM
I really can't recall an OU bball season with this many injury/classroom issues. It will be extraordinary if Capel gets this team to the Tourney, all things considered this season....

Big Red Ron
3/2/2008, 06:39 PM
Hello home game in the NIT. That's kinda cool. I'll be there.

OUSKINS
3/2/2008, 06:52 PM
Really crushing. If "sometime in the post-season" means the B12 tourney then we could be OK. But all of a sudden, beating OSU looks nearly impossible and beating Mizzou looks iffy as well. This really sucks.

william_brasky
3/2/2008, 07:35 PM
this friggin' sucks.

time for some people to step up.

Boomer.....
3/2/2008, 08:04 PM
Damn! Was that his good knee that was injured during the game on Saturday?

colleyvillesooner
3/2/2008, 08:12 PM
yep

stoopified
3/2/2008, 11:03 PM
Are we ever going to get a break?

tommieharris91
3/2/2008, 11:08 PM
Are we ever going to get a break?

At this point, I definitely wouldn't phrase it like that...

Collier11
3/3/2008, 12:27 AM
Mizzou is playing better but we have them at home, at stilly looks tough. Remember, Alex Brown has worked miracles this year so lets hope he pulls another. IF worst case scenario we lose the next two but Blake gets back for the tourney, I would hope the NCAA would take that into consideration

OUstud
3/3/2008, 09:24 AM
On College Gamenight last night Andy Katz said Capel told him BG is "probable" for the Big 12 Tourney and will definitely be ready for the NCAA.

OUSKINS
3/3/2008, 09:52 AM
On College Gamenight last night Andy Katz said Capel told him BG is "probable" for the Big 12 Tourney and will definitely be ready for the NCAA.

That is GREAT news!

The only way this injury can "crush" us now is if we lose to Mizzou. Very encouraging news-- might even work in our favor a bit if this extra rest gives him a little "boost" for the post-season.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/3/2008, 10:07 AM
Mizzou is playing better but we have them at home, at stilly looks tough. Remember, Alex Brown has worked miracles this year so lets hope he pulls another. IF worst case scenario we lose the next two but Blake gets back for the tourney, I would hope the NCAA would take that into consideration

Missouri can be dangerous because of their style but they have been a terrible road team. They did manage to win at Neb but they are coming off blowing a 13 point lead to Baylor to lose by 11 and their last road game before that they lost by 37 to KSU which is KSU's only win in their last 5 games. So other than the OT win agaisnt Neb where they also blew a huge lead they have lost by 19, 37 and 11 in their last road games.

Even without Griffin I see us beating MU by double digits.