PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Stillwater?

OUSKINS
3/2/2008, 10:24 AM
I think I'm going to head up there solo.....so I'm looking for a single ticket. Believe it or not, I've never been to GIA, so I'm not sure how successful I'll be just going w/o a ticket and finding a scalper. Any advice? Any insiders here? Thanks. And if you happen to have an extra for sale, please shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thanks!

sooner518
3/2/2008, 11:34 AM
my advice is to try and find a ticket from a non-professional scalpers. those losers with a handful of tickets are the scum of the earth as far as Im concerned.

Mixer!
3/2/2008, 01:13 PM
Just look for any of their orange-clad kind standing outside of GIA. Since they've all been brainwashed into thinking that Sutton is a terrible coach, they'll probably give you theirs for free. ;)

tommieharris91
3/2/2008, 01:21 PM
Ha, they prolly won't sell their tix to any of them damded mullet-wearin, high-school dropout gooners!!

Mixer!
3/2/2008, 01:43 PM
Thus, their dilemma. :D

htownpoke
3/2/2008, 04:26 PM
Should be pretty easy to get a ticket. I always see some for sale before the game.

GoState
3/2/2008, 08:15 PM
You have a couple of options. You can show up before the game and find some outside. As htown said, there are almost always a few folks selling them. The south side of GIA is probably as good a place to look as any. There are quite a few of the scummy scalpers that sooner518 mentioned.

Another option, and the one I would try first, is to check online Tuesday evening at http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/845266

There were actually many tickets available through the OSU ticket office/ticketmaster for the KU game. Worth a try...

illinisooner
3/2/2008, 11:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong OSU fans, but I don't think the Pokes have sold out a game yet this year. That's what one of my friends up there told me, and he goes to all the games. So I doubt you'll have too much trouble finding one, but since it's ******, you'll probably have to pay a little extra.

Oshoe
3/3/2008, 01:35 AM
All our games are "sold out" and we have people on the waiting list for season tickets but I don't think we've had one game where everyone showed up this season.

Getting 95-100% is pretty rare unless the team is really good and we're playing a rival or a top 25 team.

It was pretty sad there were people giving tickets away or just setting them outside for anyone before the game for a few conference games.

But as people have told you there will be tickets available from scalpers and possibly other fans. Quite a few have given up on Sutton all together.

OUSKINS
3/3/2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the info everyone, but w/ the news about Blake being out, I've decided to stay home. I thought we had about a 45% chance to win with him, but w/o him, I'm thinking more like 20%. And with those odds, I think I'll save my money and live to fight another day :) Hopefully we can beat Mizzou and Blake will return for the B12 Tourney. If not, we're toast.

Thanks again for everyone's help though.

OUstud
3/3/2008, 09:26 AM
All our games are "sold out" and we have people on the waiting list for season tickets but I don't think we've had one game where everyone showed up this season.

Getting 95-100% is pretty rare unless the team is really good and we're playing a rival or a top 25 team.

It was pretty sad there were people giving tickets away or just setting them outside for anyone before the game for a few conference games.

But as people have told you there will be tickets available from scalpers and possibly other fans. Quite a few have given up on Sutton all together.

At least you didn't have a crowd of 5k vs. a conference opponent (ISU). :O

OUSKINS
3/3/2008, 06:35 PM
GoState-

Tried to respond to your PM's, but it said your inbox was full. You must be a very popular man :)

OSUAggie
3/4/2008, 11:41 AM

Partly true.

All of the season tickets are sold out.

But only ~2,500 of the 3,600 student tickets got sold.