PDA

View Full Version : Holmes on Homes

Sooner_Havok
3/2/2008, 02:51 AM
Any of you guys ever watch this show? I have kind of gotten into it lately. He seems like a pretty legit guy. It is nice to see him get so ****ed off when he sees the crap work that the previous contractors did. I know they probably can't because of legal reasons, but I would like for them to say the name of the idiots who did the crap work. They mention "big name companies" but never give the actual name. I wouldn't want to hire the guys who provide the before work for that show. :P

Killerbees
3/2/2008, 07:39 AM
watched it a few times and I always thought it would be nice for them to do a special episode in which he tracks down some of worst contractors and kicks the crap out of them.

I dont watch much tv and it seems that every episode is basically the same so I nixed it from my tv time.

Scott D
3/2/2008, 09:16 AM
he can't name the other companies or the names of contractors for legal reasons. I've pretty much seen every episode up through the middle of season 6. The best had to be when he was filming 'Pasadena 911' and 'Lack of Truss' from season 6 at the same time. So a third of the time either he or Damon were missing from one or the other show because they were at the other location.

3/2/2008, 09:40 AM
I'm glad this thread isn't what I thought it would be.

Scott D
3/2/2008, 09:42 AM
watched it a few times and I always thought it would be nice for them to do a special episode in which he tracks down some of worst contractors and kicks the crap out of them.

I dont watch much tv and it seems that every episode is basically the same so I nixed it from my tv time.

oh and I forgot, in line with what you said, I'd like to see an episode where he is doing more of the legal fight to get more consumer protection checks into place.

Sooner_Havok
3/2/2008, 12:03 PM
he can't name the other companies or the names of contractors for legal reasons. I've pretty much seen every episode up through the middle of season 6. The best had to be when he was filming 'Pasadena 911' and 'Lack of Truss' from season 6 at the same time. So a third of the time either he or Damon were missing from one or the other show because they were at the other location.

I am partial to Holmes for the holidays, but that was kind of funny.

BTW, I bet Mike Holmes could totally beat the hell out of Norm Abrams:D

Scott D
3/2/2008, 01:06 PM
hell, I think Mike Jr. in his current shape could beat the hell out of both Norm Abrams and Bob Vila at the same time. :D

StoopTroup
3/2/2008, 02:41 PM
He really needs some grecian formula.

BudSooner
3/2/2008, 09:29 PM
The guy knows his **** no matter what arena it is, carpeting,tile,plumbing etc.

He said on one episode, and I totally agree on this subject...though i'm not sure about codes in the states vs. Canada....that residential construction codes should be held to the same standard as commercial.

But even there are times where commercial construction is bad, it's not that often.

Sooner_Havok
3/2/2008, 09:38 PM
The guy knows his **** no matter what arena it is, carpeting,tile,plumbing etc.

He said on one episode, and I totally agree on this subject...though i'm not sure about codes in the states vs. Canada....that residential construction codes should be held to the same standard as commercial.

But even there are times where commercial construction is bad, it's not that often.

I like how he is always talking about minimum code, but I have never see that man do anything to minimum code. He talks about it, then says that he doesn't like doing the minimum, and then does something above and beyond code. :D

Sooner_Bob
3/2/2008, 09:42 PM
This thread needs to be ripped apart and redone to code.

Mike Holmes rawks.

achiro
3/2/2008, 09:42 PM
Its a good show but scared the hell out of me to add on to my house or build a new one.:eek:

Sooner_Havok
3/2/2008, 09:44 PM
This thread needs to be ripped apart and redone to code.

Mike Holmes rawks.

Yeah, the idiot that started this thread should be ashamed of his shoddy thread building skills :P

soonerbrat
3/2/2008, 09:53 PM
never seen that one but i love Color Splash

BudSooner
3/2/2008, 10:09 PM
I like how he is always talking about minimum code, but I have never see that man do anything to minimum code. He talks about it, then says that he doesn't like doing the minimum, and then does something above and beyond code. :D

Damn straight, this country needs more guys like him who do the work right the first time.
****ing take pride in your work for crying out loud, is that so difficult?
Hell when i'm working for someone, i'm always looking at my work and asking myself "how would a professional do it?" then I chug a beer. :D

Sooner_Havok
3/2/2008, 10:11 PM
Damn straight, this country needs more guys like him who do the work right the first time.
****ing take pride in your work for crying out loud, is that so difficult?
Hell when i'm working for someone, i'm always looking at my work and asking myself "how would a professional do it?" then I chug a beer. :D

Almost makes me want to buy some DeWalt tools and head over to OUAndy's place

BudSooner
3/2/2008, 10:18 PM
Way ahead of ya, i've been playing with the new DeWalt cordless 1/2 inch drill...replete with 2 batteries.

Yes, they are awesome.:D

Scott D
3/2/2008, 10:20 PM
you fools just watch the show for Pinky.

Sooner_Havok
3/2/2008, 10:25 PM
you fools just watch the show for Pinky.

Heh :D