PDA

View Full Version : Top Dawg!!!!!!!

Ardmore_Sooner
3/1/2008, 04:05 PM
For those of you who weren't at the game we had a special gift, and out of it burst Top Dawg!!!

The crowd went nuts!!!

I nearly cried, I gave him a hug.

tommieharris91
3/1/2008, 04:15 PM
It was pretty awesome seeing Top Dawg crowd surf up to the top of the student section!! I enjoyed helping him!

okienole3
3/1/2008, 05:00 PM
INCREDIBLE!

Can this be a permanent come back?

Flying Scotsman
3/1/2008, 05:02 PM
Pray tell!! Have they terminated the horse pigs!!! Please....

okienole3
3/1/2008, 05:07 PM

the horse pigs were there, but they were definitely out classed by Top Dawg.

tommieharris91
3/1/2008, 05:11 PM

Teh horsepigs wheeled Top Dawg today. Made me remember the Hollis Price days.

Sooner98
3/1/2008, 05:11 PM
That was so worth it, even if it was for just one appearance.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/1/2008, 05:23 PM
I'm hoping it was permanent since it was a "gift."

Before TopDaug jumped out of that box I said "I bet the 88 team is wondering who the horses are and wondering where Top Daug is."

Awesome.

okienole3
3/1/2008, 05:28 PM
I'm hoping it was permanent since it was a "gift."

Before TopDaug jumped out of that box I said "I bet the 88 team is wondering who the horses are and wondering where Top Daug is."

Awesome.

Before he jumped out, I yelled out "Where's Top Daug!"

Straz1999
3/1/2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry, I've been gone a while, but why was he not around in the first place??

tommieharris91
3/1/2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I've been gone a while, but why was he not around in the first place??

Because he was replaced by these ugly abomonations called horse-pigs. These mascots are ugly and full of lose and uncool.

bri
3/1/2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, Joe C., in his infinite weenie wisdom, decided to "retire" TD in order to unveil "all-sport" mascots that we could license out to the likes of Capital One for their "mascot Survior" commercials and to make stuffed animals out of for da keeds.

Basically, the horsepigs are the Jar-Jar Binks of college sports. An overrated director came up with them "because kids will love it", but everyone hates them. Hates. Hates so much. :mad:

stoopified
3/1/2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, Joe C., in his infinite weenie wisdom, decided to "retire" TD in order to unveil "all-sport" mascots that we could license out to the likes of Capital One for their "mascot Survior" commercials and to make stuffed animals out of for da keeds.

Basically, the horsepigs are the Jar-Jar Binks of college sports. An overrated director came up with them "because kids will love it", but everyone hates them. Hates. Hates so much. :mad:I agree 100% EXCEPT for the part about Joe C. being overrated.Care to return to the dark days of red-ink budget and BAD football?

OUmillenium
3/1/2008, 06:39 PM
Horsepigs = Jar Jar Binks

Very accurate comparison.

bri
3/1/2008, 06:44 PM
I agree 100% EXCEPT for the part about Joe C. being overrated.Care to return to the dark days of red-ink budget and BAD football?

Joe has made one great hire - Stoops. Ever since then, he's been coasting. He's completely destroyed the gameday atmosphere for men's basketball, and he's doing his best to do the same for football, all while jacking up ticket prices and devising some Byzantine point system that makes people buy basketball season tickets just so they can move up closer to getting RRS tickets, then never go to the games at LNC unless it's aggy, Texas, or Kansas. And every time anyone criticizes him, someone always pipes up with "HE HIRED STOOPS!" Yes he did.

And that's been it.

Straz1999
3/1/2008, 06:50 PM
Oh the goofy looking horse that is out there? I've seen that creature around commercials and I think the soonersports site a time or two. I saw it and thought "Who the hell did we steal that from??"

Im glad to hear Top Dawg is back. It would also be cool to have a reason to bring the Skeeter Meter back.

bri
3/1/2008, 06:53 PM
Heh...being really loud would be a reason to bring it back. It was still there when I was a student in '93-95, and people always looked at me funny when I'd point out that we'd pegged the "Skeeter Meeter" when we didn't have anyone named "Skeeter" on the team. :D

Straz1999
3/1/2008, 06:56 PM
I remember Skeeter Henry in third grade, they beat the crap outta Mizzou and I thought that thing was gonna explode. I also remember Henry screaming at halfcourt during a free throw attempt to "Bring on the Jayhawks!!!"

Ahh, the good old days.

93sooner
3/1/2008, 06:59 PM
My kids love Top Dawg and can't stand the horse pigs. Unfortunately they missed Top Dawg because we brought some Aggie friends. If anyone has pics or a video of today, please share.

I totally agree on the skeeter meter, but that was back when it didn't take us two games to score 100.

93sooner
www.firebobbyjack.com

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/2/2008, 12:15 AM
Why do you hate the Buffalo Wild Wings Loud-O-Meter? ;)

Pricetag
3/2/2008, 12:34 AM
I can't begin to describe how sweet those unis were.

Paperclip
3/2/2008, 12:49 AM
Top Dawg and those unis remind me of when I hear an 80's song on the radio. Chances are I hated the song, but hearing it now makes me all nostalgic and I get all excited because it's a song from my youth. I personally like the ponies. They at least make sense. A dog, not so much. And yes, I remember when the dog made its debut as Underdog because our hoops team was so terrible.

Hella Sideburns
3/2/2008, 03:25 AM

exactly. i took one look at those and knew we were getting a win

joeTsooner
3/2/2008, 09:59 AM

Does anyone know where I can get one?

bri
3/2/2008, 10:32 AM
They're auctioning off the jerseys at soonersports.com.

william_brasky
3/2/2008, 11:55 AM
the power of Top Dawg = 27 pt. W over a solid opponent

Sooner98
3/2/2008, 02:45 PM
Before he jumped out, I yelled out "Where's Top Daug!"

Dude, I think you sit in my section! Section LS6?

okienole3
3/2/2008, 03:38 PM
Dude, I think you sit in my section! Section LS6?

HA. Yeah, that's the one. I have to give credit to my friend that came to the game with me. He said on the way that if the '88 team was going to be there, then so did TD. Then we were talking about the "gift" and wondering if it was him. It was just too quiet in there not to yell.

OUstud
3/2/2008, 04:46 PM
Too bad a "Bring Back Top Daug" chant never broke out. :(

badger
3/2/2008, 05:06 PM
only because YOU never started one :D I think there would have been at least a few thousand that would have participated with you.

it was definitely a good omen for both throwback jerseys and top daug to be in the house.

if our tourney chance is at stake, I say break them out again! oh, and could you please PLEASE replicate them for a lower cost than $150? kplzthx.

Yellow Shirt Gestapo: I'm sorry, but that would allow you to have too much fun.

Joe C: No more vintage jerseys! They don't have enough Nike logos on them!

:(

SoonerShark
3/6/2008, 11:21 PM
Joe has made one great hire - Stoops. Ever since then, he's been coasting. He's completely destroyed the gameday atmosphere for men's basketball, and he's doing his best to do the same for football, all while jacking up ticket prices and devising some Byzantine point system that makes people buy basketball season tickets just so they can move up closer to getting RRS tickets, then never go to the games at LNC unless it's aggy, Texas, or Kansas. And every time anyone criticizes him, someone always pipes up with "HE HIRED STOOPS!" Yes he did.

And that's been it.

100% correct. They now have personnel at the BB games to ensure that nobody comes down from the upper seats to sit near the court in the empty lower seats, which could help the team. Maybe we would have beaten KSU if we were not more concerned with keeping fans out of the seats in the lower part of the bowl. It is amazing how many lower area empty seats there were against KSU and UT and Stephen Austin this year, each game a home game that we could have won with better support.

But Bri, why the Muslim Irish avatar? I will admit that the Muslims, especially Irish ones, have not hurt that many folks around here. We have had more Baptist terrorists than Muslim ones in the U.S. in most of our lifetimes if you considered, as an example, that in the 60s it was generally white Baptist terrorizing Black baptists to keep the Black citizens from voting.

GottaHavePride
3/7/2008, 12:08 AM
100% correct. They now have personnel at the BB games to ensure that nobody comes down from the upper seats to sit near the court in the empty lower seats, which could help the team. Maybe we would have beaten KSU if we were not more concerned with keeping fans out of the seats in the lower part of the bowl. It is amazing how many lower area empty seats there were against KSU and UT and Stephen Austin this year, each game a home game that we could have won with better support.

But Bri, why the Muslim Irish avatar? I will admit that the Muslims, especially Irish ones, have not hurt that many folks around here. We have had more Baptist terrorists than Muslim ones in the U.S. in most of our lifetimes if you considered, as an example, that in the 60s it was generally white Baptist terrorizing Black baptists to keep the Black citizens from voting.

Politicking up a Top Dawg thread? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

TopDawg
3/7/2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah, leave my thread alone.

Based on what I've heard, I'm pretty sure the TD at that game was the same TD from '88.

GottaHavePride
3/7/2008, 11:22 AM
That rocks.