PDA

View Full Version : Season on the Line Saturday (A+M)

OUSKINS
2/29/2008, 08:32 PM
Pretty excited about it actually, because I wasn't sure we'd be in this position in the pre-season.

Even though there are all kinds of scenerios that have us in or out of the Big Dance and even though nothing will be officially decided tomorrow, as a fan who follows this closely, I think it's pretty simple:

If OU wins tomorrow, we're going to the tournament
If OU loses tomorrow, we're going to the NIT

I say this based on several factors including future probablities, current stats, standings, etc...

Could we beat A+M and then blow it from there? Possible, but unlikely.

Could we lose to A+M and bounce back? Possible, but unlikely.

In addition to the post-season implications, I also view this as a big game for the team and Capel as a whole.

Last year, we crashed and burned late. I think Capel got all he could out of that ragtag squad and we just had nothing left in the tank at the end. The incredible lack of talent caught up to us.

This year, I won't be nearly as flippant if we crash and burn again. I TOTALLY agree that we lack talent/depth in MAJOR areas and I totally agree that Capel has done a wonderful job to have us where we are. But overachieving for the first half of the season sort of gets off-set if you totally crumble at the end.

As of now, we have not crumbled. We've stumbled. There is plenty of time to realistically bounce back.

I am very excited and interested in the game tomorrow. Heading to the LNC with a lot of anticipation.

Here's the thing. I really believe in Capel. Therefore, I predict we find a way to win:

Sooners 64
Aggies 61

stoopified
3/1/2008, 04:27 PM
Oh ye of little faith,3 measly points? :D I can say that AFTER the fact BUT I would have been happy with a 3 point win going in.

tommieharris91
3/1/2008, 04:37 PM
I think we're one win away now. ATM losing might have knocked them out though.

Collier11
3/1/2008, 04:49 PM
something else that is helping is that mizzou is currently beating baylor, since we have beaten Baylor twice, if we can win out we will be 4th if Baylor loses one more. They are currently 7-6 and we are 7-7

Also, if our woman win out and puke state beats baylor, our women win the conf title outright

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/1/2008, 08:51 PM
Pretty excited about it actually, because I wasn't sure we'd be in this position in the pre-season.

Even though there are all kinds of scenerios that have us in or out of the Big Dance and even though nothing will be officially decided tomorrow, as a fan who follows this closely, I think it's pretty simple:

If OU wins tomorrow, we're going to the tournament
If OU loses tomorrow, we're going to the NIT

I say this based on several factors including future probablities, current stats, standings, etc...

Could we beat A+M and then blow it from there? Possible, but unlikely.

Could we lose to A+M and bounce back? Possible, but unlikely.

In addition to the post-season implications, I also view this as a big game for the team and Capel as a whole.

Last year, we crashed and burned late. I think Capel got all he could out of that ragtag squad and we just had nothing left in the tank at the end. The incredible lack of talent caught up to us.

This year, I won't be nearly as flippant if we crash and burn again. I TOTALLY agree that we lack talent/depth in MAJOR areas and I totally agree that Capel has done a wonderful job to have us where we are. But overachieving for the first half of the season sort of gets off-set if you totally crumble at the end.

As of now, we have not crumbled. We've stumbled. There is plenty of time to realistically bounce back.

I am very excited and interested in the game tomorrow. Heading to the LNC with a lot of anticipation.

Here's the thing. I really believe in Capel. Therefore, I predict we find a way to win:

Sooners 64
Aggies 61

I think you were right on. Fortunately we came out on top.

I think a win at OSU or at home against MU and we are in.

If we could win them both I could see us getting a reasonably high seed with a first round B12 tourney win.