PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth $120?

Osce0la
2/29/2008, 11:01 AM
This morning a local radio station announced the lineup for the 2008 Crawfish Boil. My wife wants to go, but I don't know that I care to drop $120 ($30/ticket, 2 day event) on it. Here is the lineup:
Friday, May 2nd:
3 Doors Down (one of my wife's favorite bands)
T-Pain (I have only heard of them because I think he/they are in the Flo Rida song)
Seether (Only band on Friday I actually want to see)
Candlebox (only 1 good song that I can think of, didn't even know they were still together)
Southern Culture on the Skids

Saturday, May 3rd:
Fergie (Nice to look at, but is it worth it to watch for 2 hours?)
Gavin DeGraw (He still has a career?)
Corey Smith (who?)
Flo Rida (I like the one song I know by them)
Carney
Rue Melo

Srsly, is this worth dropping $120?

sooneron
2/29/2008, 11:08 AM
Southern Culture On the Skids? I'd almost say hells yeah, but no to the others.

Boarder
2/29/2008, 11:11 AM
Do you actually get crawfish? What about red potatoes and corn? 'cause that would factor into my decision for sure.

TexasSooner01
2/29/2008, 11:15 AM
Since I dont eat crawdads...I would say no. I would however say yes b/c of the music and beer.

bestj
2/29/2008, 11:15 AM
sounds a little steep

sooner_born_1960
2/29/2008, 11:16 AM
Does the price include beer?

becks
2/29/2008, 11:17 AM
depends, is Fergie going to pee on herself at this one?

becks
2/29/2008, 11:24 AM
depends, is Fergie going to pee on herself at this one?

Osce0la
2/29/2008, 11:25 AM
Since I dont eat crawdads...I would say no. I would however say yes b/c of the music and beer.
The beer is expensive and 90% of the music is going to suck.

SCOTS I have heard good things about, but have never seen them live. I saw Seether at the Crawfish Boil a couple of years ago with Better Than Ezra and Sister Hazel. That was a great lineup - Seether, then Better Than Ezra, and then Sister Hazel...

If you get the $30 tickets all it does is get you in - you have to pay for beer and crawfish (or any other food) seperately. They have $60 VIP tickets that get you all the beer you can drink and all the crawfish you can eat, plus a little platform thing beside the stage where all the VIP people can stand and watch the bands - total for the weekend though, it would cost $240 for VIP tickets...Like I said, not enough good bands for that much money.

TexasSooner01
2/29/2008, 11:49 AM
Like I said, not enough good bands for that much money.

I think you just answered your own question. :D