PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to U-dub in September?

XingTheRubicon
2/29/2008, 10:08 AM
We're wanting to stay in downtown Seattle, any of you Northwest yahoos have any hotels to recommend downtown. We're thinking about Inn at the Market or the Olympic.

The best idea I've heard yet from a local tree embracer, is called "sailgating." A big *** boat full of booze and food that takes you from here
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7669/seattleskylinewspacewp1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

to here
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6642/huskyue4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6642/huskyue4.e96b8b6329.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=504&i=huskyue4.jpg)

Obviously the Needle and the Farmer's Market, etc., but what else would anyone recommend. I've been to Seattle before, but I didn't have time to do anything other than see the Mariners lose.

yermom
2/29/2008, 10:16 AM
i'm going

that's about all i know though

MrJimBeam
2/29/2008, 11:00 AM
I went to Alabama and had a great time so I think I'll go here also.

Dio
2/29/2008, 11:08 AM
Be sure to wear your OKC Sonics gear ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
2/29/2008, 11:14 AM
The Mrs and I are considering going up there. We went to Eugene in 06 and had fun. We actually flew into Seattle and drove the coast down into Oregon. I definately recomend a cruise down the coast in Washington, some of the most scenic drives I've ever been on.

XingTheRubicon
2/29/2008, 11:26 AM
Be sure to wear your OKC Sonics gear ;)

I forgot about that, nice work.

soonerboomer93
2/29/2008, 12:02 PM
isn't there already a thread on this, it's pretty buried though

Blitzkrieg
2/29/2008, 12:03 PM
If I put my Carver in the Mississippi River, down the Tenn Tombigbee to the gulf, around cape horn (to save panama canal fees), up south amercia, Mexcio, then to Seattle, that would be a cool road trip. Of course, I miss the entire football season up to that point, and past it.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/29/2008, 12:03 PM
I'll be there!

Collier11
2/29/2008, 12:06 PM
Im planning on going as long as I have the $$$$$

colleyvillesooner
2/29/2008, 12:22 PM
In, with another couple from Boise, one from San Diego, and one from Seattle. Can't wait. Staying near the Spaceneedle at the Hampton inn I believe.

Getting there on Wed, gonna do some hiking near Issaquah, go see Snoqualmie Falls.

Would love to find more info on one of those sailgating things..

bstuff1979
2/29/2008, 12:27 PM
I'd kill to go (maybe not kill. maybe I'd inflict bodily harm on another), but there's a possible business conflict. Sometime this coming fall I'll be taking a trip to Alabama. None the less, I have fam in Seattle and it would be way too easy. I'm convinced that's the reason, the fam in Seattle and the easy access to and from the game, that some omnipotent karmic force (possibly the Pac 10) has given rise to conflict in schedules.

Collier11
2/29/2008, 12:41 PM
yea I have a college buddy that is from Oregon(I went with him to Eugene and stayed with is family) and he now lives in Seattle so I would only need plane tix and booze $

TheUnnamedSooner
2/29/2008, 04:17 PM
If anyone can get more info on the sailgating would be great :D

Jimminy Crimson
2/29/2008, 04:33 PM
IN!

dolemitesooner
2/29/2008, 04:36 PM
IN!
We need to get in touch. My buddy's from Portland wanna meet up.

Yermom I will help you with your details.

Me you hot sex hotel Rwanda

SoonerForever
2/29/2008, 04:45 PM
I was able to talk the wife into a trip also....I was stationed across Puget Sound in the Navy back in the late 70's, so it is at least a little familiar....we plan on going up for a week-still trying to decide on front end or back end to the game though...

humblesooner
2/29/2008, 05:18 PM
If you're a beer drinker, take a trip up to the Red Hook brewery.
It is small and the tour consists of one room with glass, but they give you a large shot glass and let you pretty much help yourself to their different beers.
Also, Chateau St Michelle winery is in the same area. It is an interesting visit.

SeattleOUstudent
2/29/2008, 05:26 PM
Stay downtown or stay in Belleview. Dont stay near the university unless you want to get shot or mugged by a homeless person.

....or stay with a co-ed. :)

rainiersooner
2/29/2008, 05:45 PM
Sweet - finally a thread I can post intelligently about! The Edgewater Inn is a pretty cool alternative...it's right on the water on Puget Sound and most of the rooms overlook the water....The Olympic is a little older and stuffy imo. Inn at the Market is fun, because you're right at Pike Place Market (hence, the name).

I'm not sure about public boats that will take you from Elliot Bay to Montlake/UW - but check Argosy (www.argosycruises.com) who might be running something. If they're not on game day - they do some good cruises around Seattle that are fun.

Even though I live 10 minutes from the stadium I'm planning on renting an RV and tailgating with some of my Sooner (and UW friends) - so hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you guys. As it gets closer to the game, feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can answer any other questions for ya'll.

soonerboomer93
2/29/2008, 06:51 PM
in if i'm in the states

auto
2/29/2008, 08:48 PM
If the trip to Degray falls through, I will be there, got to watch the coin for Australia in December

SoonerInKCMO
2/29/2008, 09:20 PM
If you want to stay in the downtown Seattle area, the Warwick (http://warwickwa.com/) is really nice. I spent a couple of nights there in January and was able to get a room for $99 + tax. Pretty much all of the rooms have balconies looking at either downtown or the Space Needle.

There are some nice places in downtown Bellevue too. There you'll have many of the advantages of downtown Seattle (lots of bars, restaurants and shopping within walking distance) without the disadvantages (crime and panhandlers). The campus is about 10 miles from Bellevue and is pretty easy to get to via W-520. Another plus for Bellevue is that if my project doesn't hurry up and get done, I might still be there when the game comes around. ;)

SoonerInKCMO
2/29/2008, 09:22 PM
Oh, one other thing - if the weather cooperates and it's sunny during that weekend, there won't be an OU game held in a more picturesque setting. So you should go if you can.

bob
3/1/2008, 08:28 PM
Hey, Rainiersooner, if you are recommending the Edgewater, I would have to compliment your taste. But it costs about $300 to $400 per night. A very nice hotel, but very pricey. Stayed in it last summer and the group rate was $250.

The VIIIth
3/1/2008, 08:33 PM
Stay downtown or stay in Belleview. Dont stay near the university unless you want to get shot or mugged by a homeless person.

....or stay with a co-ed. :)

I believe it's Bellevue, just in case anyone is Googling No Tell Motels.

SeattleOUstudent
3/2/2008, 11:48 AM
Haha...oops! I live near a "Belleview" St here in Dallas. My b.

I believe it's Bellevue, just in case anyone is Googling No Tell Motels.

Frozen Sooner
3/2/2008, 12:45 PM
I'll be there.

Plenty of great stuff to do in Seattle, as well. Check out the Seattle Underground for a cool historical thing-not many people know that Seattle burned to the ground once.

Also, the naked mole rat exhibition is kind of cool. The only mammal that operates as a hive.

Sooner24
3/9/2008, 03:11 PM
So how far is downtown from the campus?

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2008, 04:14 PM
Seattle's kind of an odd town, so your question is a little tough to answer-it's VERY spread out. But the University is close to pretty much everything.

XingTheRubicon
3/9/2008, 04:32 PM
So how far is downtown from the campus?

Seattle only has one downtown, so about 10 miles from the Space Needle to Husky stadium. Twenty to thirty minutes drive time.

LibertyValance
3/10/2008, 12:12 AM
I'm there.

westcoast_sooner
3/10/2008, 10:26 AM
I'm planning to go, but probably staying with relatives. Should be fun.