PDA

View Full Version : You know what's awesome?

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 01:13 PM
Watching a fairly continuous stream of people walk past my office door, and then hearing the rattle as every single one of them tries to open the locked door going to a different section of the building.

MamaMia
2/28/2008, 01:16 PM
Did you lock the door just to amuse yourself? I do stuff like that sometimes. :P

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 01:19 PM
No, but those doors are locked by default at all times.

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 01:28 PM
YES! Take THAT, old guy!

Whet
2/28/2008, 01:29 PM
Does DeFault have keys to all of the doors? Is he the janitor?

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2008, 01:29 PM
Heh.

I love the people who walk by the big mass of people who are waiting outside our door at 9:55 and give the front door a big ol' yank.

You know, just in case those other people don't know how to open a door.

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 01:31 PM
Does DeFault have keys to all of the doors? Is he the janitor?

No, that's LaFours.

Wait, he's security. I think DeFault is maintenance.

SoonerStormchaser
2/28/2008, 01:42 PM
Heh.

I love the people who walk by the big mass of people who are waiting outside our door at 9:55 and give the front door a big ol' yank.

You know, just in case those other people don't know how to open a door.

Oh man...there's times like that I want to say to those people, "It didn't work for us *******, you think that God is magically gonna smile down on you and miraculously open that door just for you?"

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 03:45 PM
TAKE THAT, OLD LADY!

Chuck Bao
2/28/2008, 04:01 PM
If you walk down a long corridor and you don't give it the old heave ho, then you're a loser.

Make fun all you want. I doubt the people trying it care what you think much.

Now, if you were outside your office saluting them, I think that'd be a cause of concern.

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 04:38 PM
AND THAT, YOUNG PUNKS! Your convention isn't IN that theater!

proud gonzo
2/28/2008, 04:57 PM
heh

Chuck Bao
2/28/2008, 05:17 PM
AND THAT, YOUNG PUNKS! Your convention isn't IN that theater!

So you've posted this sign outside? Good on you.

Frozen Sooner
2/28/2008, 05:23 PM
You know that people really don't read signs, right?

Example: There is a sign in my branch right now that reads: "Please pardon our dust. This section of the branch is closed for remodelling. All Credit Union services are available at the teller line."

This sign is large. Like a few feet across. You have to walk right by it to get into the old "office" area which is being demoed.

Every day, at least a few people will walk right past that sign, peer into the four darkened offices, then walk over to someone and say "I need to open an account but there's nobody in the offices."

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 05:25 PM
Heh. considering there's a gigantic annual statewide convention here I'm surprised they don't give people better directions.

Anyway, the locked door is right next to the elevator people take to go downstairs, where they CAN get through. Access only through the box office, yo. People just think they can wander through wherever they want.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2008, 05:32 PM
They also don't listen to IVR prompts.

Case in point, when people call our main support number, they can either speak with us or another help desk that supports a number of applications, including one I refer to as Application X. In fact, they're called the Application X help desk and the IVR specifically says 'for issues with Application X, press 1.'

Invariably, I'll get about 2 or 3 calls a day from customers who ignore this prompt, hit option 3 to speak with us, and the first words outta their mouth is 'I have an issue with Application X'.

So I transfer them.

Sometimes if I'm mean that moment, I'll intentionally bring them on line right at the moment the recording to direct them to option 1 for Application X comes on.

mdklatt
2/28/2008, 05:38 PM
My office is just across the hall from the stairwell door (step echo step echo step echo creeeeeak swoosh SLAM) and the women's crapper (creak shush thud snik...running water snik shush creak shush thud). No sympathy.

Chuck Bao
2/28/2008, 05:54 PM
If there are enough people getting lost and going the wrong way, I would guess that the building signs, they do suck.

Telephone prompts mostly suck too. I typically have to call three times and listen to all the selections again before pressing the numbers and then I'm put on hold for ages or need some password or something and I just give up. Maybe people are just so happy to actually speak to a human on one of those things.

But yeah people generally suck. I get several calls each day from clients asking about some stock market issue. When I try to redirect them to the article that I'd just put out, they invariably ask: "But what do you really think?", implying that I wasn't truthful in what I'd written. I guess they like rattling my door.

So yeah, I'm there with ya, Bro.

mdklatt
2/28/2008, 06:04 PM
If there are enough people getting lost and going the wrong way, I would guess that the building signs, they do suck.

Good signs, bad signs, no signs...it doesn't matter. 98% of human beings are apparently incapable of following basic directions.

GrapevineSooner
2/28/2008, 11:01 PM
Good signs, bad signs

...I know I've had my share...

GottaHavePride
2/28/2008, 11:03 PM
Good, bad... I'm the one with the gun.