PDA

View Full Version : It's Time For A Change

Crimsontothecore
2/27/2008, 11:19 PM
Any time a thread pops up criticizing Bob Barry sr., I have always defended him. After listening to the game tonight it has become obvious that it is time for Bob to retire. Mike Houck spends most of his time correcting Bob's mistakes. It used to just be mispronouncing names (I'll always remember Michael Johnson being Michael Jordan), but now it's calling turnovers that aren't turnovers, Announcing timeouts when there's not, Going to a station break when he's not supposed to, ect. I found myself waiting for confirmation every time he called a play.
I hate criticizing someone who's doing what I never could do but at some point we all need to realize when we lose our touch.
It's time for Bob to pass the torch.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/28/2008, 12:25 AM
Any time a thread pops up criticizing Bob Barry sr., I have always defended him. After listening to the game tonight it has become obvious that it is time for Bob to retire. Mike Houck spends most of his time correcting Bob's mistakes. It used to just be mispronouncing names (I'll always remember Michael Johnson being Michael Jordan), but now it's calling turnovers that aren't turnovers, Announcing timeouts when there's not, Going to a station break when he's not supposed to, ect. I found myself waiting for confirmation every time he called a play.
I hate criticizing someone who's doing what I never could do but at some point we all need to realize when we lose our touch.

Whew...when I saw the title I thought you were talking about Capel and I thought you had lost it.

I have to agree. It isn't so bad in football but in basketball it is painful to listen to Bob.

cheezyq
2/28/2008, 09:53 AM
I think there's a 90/30 chance that Dean Blevins will replace him.

Crimsontothecore
2/28/2008, 10:00 AM
Whew...when I saw the title I thought you were talking about Capel and I thought you had lost it.
That's what's known in the marketing business as "bait and switch":D

SOONER STEAKER
2/28/2008, 10:10 AM
Anyone but "Dean the Stream." How can we hire someone who was caught urinatng on the airwaves.

fwsooner22
2/28/2008, 10:43 AM
Actually, he is worse calling Football. We actually sat and counted the mistakes one game.....had to quit in the second quarter......it quits being fun when you feel like you are taking advantage of an old man.

LittleWingSooner
2/28/2008, 11:44 AM
I think Bob Barry is going to be the PBP for about 2 more years then Bob Carpenter will take over.

OUSKINS
2/28/2008, 02:26 PM
BTW, today is BBS's 77th B-day. Nice day to start this thread :)

stoopified
2/28/2008, 03:37 PM
BTW, today is BBS's 77th B-day. Nice day to start this thread :):(

Boomer.....
2/28/2008, 03:53 PM
This is the first game that I have listened too and noticed the same thing. Houck couldn't even come up with his own stuff because he was always correcting BBS. It was pretty bad.

Remembering Tom Stidham
2/28/2008, 04:18 PM
When Donnie was AD, I asked him to get rid of Bob. He told me that was up to the network company. But maybe if Joe C. hears enough complaints, he will find a way. I have long suspected Bob was blind.