PDA

View Full Version : I got a good chuckle out of a company email today...

TheHumanAlphabet
2/27/2008, 10:27 PM
Not to poke fun at a person, but people who's first language isn't English sometimes send/say humerous things in the email without realizing it.

I was reorganized into the Upstream part of the business last fall, our new organization is called the Human Factors Technology Center of Excellence. We are the corporate center of expertise for the company. Well I got this nice email from a woman in Shanghai asking for help and that she had heard I was part of a new group called the Human Factors Center of Accidents. LOL I had hearty chuckle over that...Actually as part of the Safety Business, we are supposed to prevent accidents, so there was some synergy there.

I responded with an acknowledgement of our new organization and deftly slipped in the name of our org.

Curly Bill
2/27/2008, 10:29 PM
Human Factors Technology Center of Excellence.

Holy Crap :confused: :confused: :confused:

VeeJay
2/27/2008, 10:34 PM
Is she hawt?

Whet
2/27/2008, 10:39 PM
I bet she drives really slow!

Sooner_Havok
2/27/2008, 10:40 PM

And always has her blinker on!

OCUDad
2/27/2008, 11:03 PM
You will notice that the acronym for Human Factors Technology Center of Excellence is HFTCE. This is a clever anagram of FETCH. The real purpose of this new small group is to bring coffee and sandwiches to the rest of the company- the ones who do the actual work.

THA, bring me a medium latte.

Curly Bill
2/27/2008, 11:04 PM
You will notice that the acronym for Human Factors Technology Center of Excellence is HFTCE. This is a clever anagram of FETCH. The real purpose of this new small group is to bring coffee and sandwiches to the rest of the company- the ones who do the actual work.

THA, bring me a medium latte.

:D

colleyvillesooner
2/27/2008, 11:23 PM

I doubt it. Have you seen how they drive in China?

shaun4411
2/27/2008, 11:52 PM
did she offer flied lice as consolation?

RADsooner
2/28/2008, 12:59 AM

she probably has her helmet on backwards too!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/28/2008, 09:01 AM
Man, and I thought my wife complained about "asian" drivers... ;)

No, I will not FETCH. That is unless you are giving me a big honking pay raise... ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
2/28/2008, 09:02 AM
You will notice that the acronym for Human Factors Technology Center of Excellence is HFTCE.

Actually, we are the HFT CoE. I had nothing to do with the name. But aparently in my company when you call something "Technology" its a big deal...

Widescreen
2/28/2008, 09:24 AM
I'm in the Factors of Design group.

AKA, **** Off, Dip**** group.

crawfish
2/28/2008, 09:58 AM
It's well known that if you put "excellence" in your department title that quality and efficiency will soar. :)

BTW, you should put this on your business card:

"Human Factors Technology Center of Exellence"

TheHumanAlphabet
2/28/2008, 02:15 PM
It's well known that if you put "excellence" in your department title that quality and efficiency will soar. :)

BTW, you should put this on your business card:

"Human Factors Technology Center of Exellence"

It is! So I am the "show piece" of "excellence" ;)

Curly Bill
2/28/2008, 03:03 PM
It is! So I am the "codpiece" of "excellence" ;)

FIXED :D