PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

Ardmore_Sooner
2/27/2008, 01:37 PM
I'm going to interview Bob Stoops for a class in a couple of hours. It's kinda hard to not get nervous interviewing one of the greatest coaches in the country!

Any questions you guys think I should ask him?

Grimey
2/27/2008, 01:41 PM
<Chris Farley>Uh, remember that time you won the National Championship? That was AWESOME</Chris Farley>

OUDoc
2/27/2008, 01:42 PM
Tell him I said "Hey".

Desert Sapper
2/27/2008, 01:45 PM
What are his expectations for the coming season?

Who does he see as the biggest potential break out star this year (on offense/defense)?

How does he think the media should perceive the team (in terms of attitude, comittment, and ability to finish big games)?

What can we learn from the teams performance in the Big XII championship game vice the Fiesta Bowl?

What kids is he already looking at that graduate HS in 2009 and 2010?

What does his wishlist look like for the recruiting class of 2009?

Desert Sapper
2/27/2008, 01:46 PM
Oh...GOOD LUCK!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/27/2008, 01:51 PM
Ask him if he keeps up with Soonerfans.

MamaMia
2/27/2008, 01:55 PM
I double dog dare you to ask him what the players eat before a big game. :pop:

Ardmore_Sooner
2/27/2008, 01:56 PM
I double dog dare you to ask him what the players eat before a big game. :pop:

Double dog eh?

MamaMia
2/27/2008, 02:05 PM
Double dog eh?
No, I triple dog dare ya. :D

Mjcpr
2/27/2008, 02:09 PM
Ask him if he'll reimburse me for my family's trip to Phoenix in January. He's got the jack.

:D

Collier11
2/27/2008, 02:12 PM
Ask him what changes will be made in bowl preperation

Ask him if we will open up the offense any now that SB is a soph

Flagstaffsooner
2/27/2008, 02:19 PM
Give him a burrito and investigate the rummor that his farts dont stink.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/27/2008, 02:27 PM
Ask Stoops if he is aware that the boogieman checks his closet for him before he goes to bed at night.

Also, ask him if he has ever faught Chuck Norris and if so, who won. If not, ask if he thinks he can win.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/27/2008, 03:10 PM
Ask him if he can note any differences in bowl preparation from the 2000 Orange Bowl to the last 2 Fiesta Bowls and if he think it directly correlates to the results.

Ask him if Mike had any defensive philosophies which differ from Brent which may have contributed to the poor defensive showings in the last 3 BCS games.

Be confrontational and really press him hard on both points. I hear he likes that. :D

soonerboy_odanorth
2/27/2008, 03:12 PM
P.S. If you follow through on my third suggestion above, ask him nicely to please not eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

CU Sooner
2/27/2008, 03:17 PM
Ask him what the score would be between him and Ditka.

Score between him and God.

And then give him a plate full of bratwurst.

NormanPride
2/27/2008, 03:23 PM
Ask him if Reggie's gonna return puts. Or if ENA will start in the Sugar Bowl if Jason still looks shaken. Ooh! I know. Ask him if we're gonna run the wishbone anytime soon.

belch.

mobilesteve
2/27/2008, 03:35 PM
Ask him why he didn't play Paul Thompson in the '04 Sugar Bowl. I hear he's a big fan of that question. :D

starrca23
2/27/2008, 03:36 PM
Ask him for tickets...I bet no one does that.

Collier11
2/27/2008, 03:36 PM
or you could ask him if he is a cuddler!

MamaMia
2/27/2008, 04:05 PM
Ask him if he has an inny or an outy.

AlbqSooner
2/27/2008, 08:58 PM
Who's keeping the slush fund this year? ;)
Careful dude. The moderators on this board can be kinda sensitive about that kinda stuff.;)

goingoneight
2/27/2008, 10:03 PM
Ask him why OU haters are so stupid... srsly.

Whet
2/27/2008, 10:04 PM
Ask him if he ever intends on repaying me the $3.00 he borrowed from me when he was at Iowa....

OK2LA
2/27/2008, 10:55 PM
Well . . . .

How did it go?

What questions did you end up axeing him? What were his answers?

BigDeezy
2/27/2008, 11:05 PM
nevermind

MamaMia
2/27/2008, 11:07 PM
I can not believe Ardmore hasn't reported back yet. The suspense is killing me. :P

texas bandman
2/27/2008, 11:51 PM
Maybe Bob adopted him and he's settling down in his new room in the modest hacienda that the Stoops' call home. :D

Whet
2/28/2008, 12:04 AM
Bob probably beat him to death for asking really stupid questions! :)

Ardmore_Sooner
2/28/2008, 01:11 AM
Ok, he was kind of reluctant at first to being recorded, and he seemed hurried, so I only got to ask him three questions. I haven't relistened to the audio, and I was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

1) After a disappointing end to last season, how do you prepare differently going into the bowl game, and Big XII championship game this year?

Like I said, I was nervous so I don't remember his entire answer. He went on to say that you really don't change things up that much... yadda yadda yadda... (Insert typical Bob Stoops quote). He went on for a while on this, and like I said, once I relisten to the audio, I will be sure to type a script up.

2) After having having 4 different QB's in the past four years, how different is the offseason knowing that you have an experienced returning starter?

He went on to say it doesn't make that big of a difference, that they need room to improve and even Sam still needs to improve during the offseason.

3)After having one of the top recruiting classes in the country, do you feel that any freshmen can make an immediate impact on this years team?

It is to early to say, but we hope that some of the guys can come in and help the team out.

That's all I got folks, he was ready to roll out. I wasn't about to p*ss off Bob Stoops!

Sooner_Havok
2/28/2008, 01:44 AM
That's all I got folks, he was ready to roll out. I wasn't about to **** off Bob Stoops!

good call, he'll cut you!:D

TheUnnamedSooner
2/28/2008, 12:06 PM
Ok, he was kind of reluctant at first to being recorded, and he seemed hurried, so I only got to ask him three questions. I haven't relistened to the audio, and I was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

1) After a disappointing end to last season, how do you prepare differently going into the bowl game, and Big XII championship game this year?

Like I said, I was nervous so I don't remember his entire answer. He went on to say that you really don't change things up that much... yadda yadda yadda... (Insert typical Bob Stoops quote). He went on for a while on this, and like I said, once I relisten to the audio, I will be sure to type a script up.

2) After having having 4 different QB's in the past four years, how different is the offseason knowing that you have an experienced returning starter?

He went on to say it doesn't make that big of a difference, that they need room to improve and even Sam still needs to improve during the offseason.

3)After having one of the top recruiting classes in the country, do you feel that any freshmen can make an immediate impact on this years team?

It is to early to say, but we hope that some of the guys can come in and help the team out.

That's all I got folks, he was ready to roll out. I wasn't about to p*ss off Bob Stoops!

Sounds like he treated you like he would any other reporter.

Whet
2/28/2008, 12:55 PM
so, he didn't say anything about the $3.00 he owes me?

Outopia
2/28/2008, 01:30 PM
:)

You should have passed on the first question. Instead, you should have asked "You know Coach, I have to ask you the most pressing question on Sooner fans minds, here in the off-season.,,,,,,,(take a dramatic pause and then lean over and ask him in a very serious manner) How come there are no bones in Ice Cream?" It would have taken off the edge, and he would never forget you. It could have helped down the road too. Just a thought. I have to meet and deal with really serious big company types in my business all the time. It's just a strategy I use sometimes. It lightens the mood and turns an uncomfortable situation the other way. You could replace my question with another too. I liked those about Bob Stoops and Chuck Norris, and the Boogie Man and Bob Stoops. You get the idea.

Ground_Attack
2/28/2008, 09:20 PM
You should have asked him if Aggie really does taste like chicken

StoopTroup
2/28/2008, 10:05 PM
"Bob...do you think you've recruited another Adrian Peterson yet?"

StoopTroup
2/28/2008, 10:06 PM
"Bob...Do you think Sam Bradford will win one or two Heismans?"

StoopTroup
2/28/2008, 10:10 PM
"Bob...do you think Kelvin Sampson is having some sort of breakdown?"