PDA

View Full Version : A quick look at NU for tonight

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 10:24 AM
As I am likely the only member of the Nebraska Rebounders club on the board, I thought I would give a quick overview of what to expect from Nebraska tonight.

Maric is our best player and the offense will flow through him. He struggles with bunnies at times, but in general has been a reliable double double in most conference games.

Anderson is forced to play out of position at the 4 spot, isn't very athletic, but does all the little things well, and has a knack for scoring at key times.

Dagunduro has regressed since conference play began and he can't out athlete everybody any more. Good defender, limited offensively, brother was starting DT for the football team in 2006.

Harley is small for a 2 guard, but has played well in conference, good mid range game.

Strowbridge will likely start the point with Miller out, good defender and good shooter.

Henry and Balham are the main bench players, and are limited but athletic.

Velander, Ping, etc. are the deep bench players.

NU has problems with outside shooting both defensively and offensively at times, and is small inside. Expect looks of picks and hard cuts from NU on offense.

The crowd will be around 9500 and likely not that intimidating.

I will probably have two hot dogs and Pepsi, unless I decide to get Nachos.

tommieharris91
2/27/2008, 10:28 AM
NU has problems with outside shooting both defensively and offensively at times

Don't worry. As a team, we really don't know what good outside shooting is, especially on offense.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/27/2008, 11:20 AM
As I am likely the only member of the Nebraska Rebounders club on the board, I thought I would give a quick overview of what to expect from Nebraska tonight.

Maric is our best player and the offense will flow through him. He struggles with bunnies at times, but in general has been a reliable double double in most conference games.

Anderson is forced to play out of position at the 4 spot, isn't very athletic, but does all the little things well, and has a knack for scoring at key times.

Dagunduro has regressed since conference play began and he can't out athlete everybody any more. Good defender, limited offensively, brother was starting DT for the football team in 2006.

Harley is small for a 2 guard, but has played well in conference, good mid range game.

Strowbridge will likely start the point with Miller out, good defender and good shooter.

Henry and Balham are the main bench players, and are limited but athletic.

Velander, Ping, etc. are the deep bench players.

NU has problems with outside shooting both defensively and offensively at times, and is small inside. Expect looks of picks and hard cuts from NU on offense.

The crowd will be around 9500 and likely not that intimidating.

Maric's only problem is that he is usually too unselfish. Really good big guy. My #1 concern as an OU fan is that he gets B Griffin and/or Longar in foul trouble. When Maric is on the floor Neb is a handful. When he rests, not so much.

Losing Miller could hurt Neb. I would think OU would want to get up and down the court some and limit Maric's effectiveness in halfcourt offense and try to take advantage of Griffin and Longar's athleticism. Of course a lot has to depend on how fouls are called. If Neb can make it a halfcourt game with a big dose of Maric it could be a long night.

I see it as a very winnable game for OU but it is a road game and nothing comes easy on the road.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/27/2008, 11:20 AM
It also wouldn't hurt if OU shot better than 4-26 from behind the arc.

soonervegas
2/27/2008, 12:00 PM

Well played sir.

fwsooner22
2/27/2008, 02:57 PM
OMG a worthwhile basketball thread.........Thanks RF5

NormanPride
2/27/2008, 03:07 PM

Do you top with jalapenos? Please tell me that you do.

Boomer.....
2/27/2008, 03:15 PM
You have to get the jalapenos!

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 03:19 PM
Do you top with jalapenos? Please tell me that you do.
Of course I do? What would be the point otherwise?

Boomer.....
2/27/2008, 03:25 PM
Look for AJ to have a good night and hopefully Crocker too. This game is on the road and all.

illinisooner
2/27/2008, 05:05 PM
Is the game on TV? Soonersports.com doesn't have anything listed; but we're usually on ESPN+ when playing middle of the pack conference teams.

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 05:07 PM
Is the game on TV? Soonersports.com doesn't have anything listed; but we're usually on ESPN+ when playing middle of the pack conference teams.
I don't believe it is, as my Husker Magnet schedule has all the ESPN+ and FSN Midwest games listed and this isn't one of them. Most of our Mid-week games have been FSN if televised except for ESPN2 against K-State last week.

BillyBall
2/27/2008, 05:08 PM
We really need to win this game, if it was at LNC I wouldn't be very worried but on the road we kinda blow...

MojoRisen
2/27/2008, 05:20 PM
I have 100$ on OU and get 2.5 points - this is a must win for OU so I am really hoping to will them to victory by betting on it :)

We do not play well on the road and NU just beat Kstate I think... I hope we come with some intensity - unlike Colorado

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 05:22 PM
I have 100$ on OU and get 2.5 points - this is a must win for OU so I am really hoping to will them to victory by betting on it :)

We do not play well on the road and NU just beat Kstate I think... I hope we come with some intensity - unlike Colorado
and TAMU in College Station on Saturday.

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 05:25 PM
One other quick note. According to the Lincoln Journal Star, Sek Henry will start at point guard instead of Strowbridge for NU.

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 05:26 PM
DP.

Blue
2/27/2008, 07:46 PM
This is like the only game all season not televised. Thanks alot Nebraska.

Blue
2/27/2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks alot Nebraska.

Thanks Nebraska. That would've sucked to watch.:D

royalfan5
2/27/2008, 10:31 PM
My nachos were tasty.

badger
2/28/2008, 07:41 AM
It was the jalapenos, wasn't it?

Desert Sapper
2/28/2008, 07:56 AM
The ***-whupping last night now behind us, what are our chances of making the NCAA tourney if we win our last two home games?