PDA

View Full Version : Thai Google got me

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 06:57 AM
For the first time ever I google my Thai name.

At first I forgot to put the quotations around my name and got 216,000 entries. So, I was like really paranoid about what all those Thai people were saying about me behind my back.

But my first name of George must be a pretty commonly googled name in Thai. And, I assume that Bush takes most of the google entries instead of Hips (my last name).

But if it's that common, why can't Thai's properly pronouce "George". I've given in to introducing myself as "Jauwge"

My English language name with quotations yields only 495 reponses and probably only half are about me. The rest are my father and grandfather and some German Americans a 100 years ago on somebody's family tree.

With the quotation marks, I get 70 entries in Thai language.

I still want to know what they're saying about me.

Miko
2/27/2008, 09:41 AM
"They say I've got a lot of water on my brain"
"He's got no common sense, He's got nobody left to believe" :D

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 02:09 PM
"He must be drunk or crazy." I think the Thai saying is: "Ba Ba Bo Bo".

Osce0la
2/27/2008, 03:39 PM
I thought your name was Chuck? :confused:

Howzit
2/27/2008, 03:45 PM
No, it's short for Bao Chuck-a bao bao...

Or something.

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 03:48 PM
I thought your name was Chuck? :confused:

To answer your question, I'd be quite afraid to enter "chuck bao" (or chuck wow, as it should be properly spelt) in a Thai language google search.

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 03:50 PM
No, it's short for Bao Chuck-a bao bao...

Or something.

You funny guy.

OCUDad
2/27/2008, 05:26 PM
The first hit in a US Google search for "George Hips" is a discussion of hip dysplasia in a Labrador Retriever named George. Just sayin'.

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 05:48 PM
The first hit in a US Google search for "George Hips" is a discussion of hip dysplasia in a Labrador Retriever named George. Just sayin'.

You got me there. Heh! I'm a Labrador Retriever.

jrboomersooner
2/27/2008, 05:53 PM
even better--try googling "<your name> needs"

2/27/2008, 06:02 PM
"Jauwge" is how it's pronounced in Louisiana, right?

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 06:09 PM
even better--try googling "<your name> needs"

OH NOs!

Chuck Bao
2/27/2008, 06:25 PM
"Jauwge" is how it's pronounced in Louisiana, right?

Exactly.

People in Louisiana may pronounce it that way, but they can hear the difference between George and John.

I say George. They say John. No, I say it's Jauwge like in Jauwge Bush. They don't seem to get it otherwise, unless I reference the US President. Imagine how much that pains me. Or, when he's not the president and I have to accept being called John.