PDA

View Full Version : religious history

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 03:16 PM
He was born of a virgin, on december 25th. his birth was celebrated by 3 men who followed a star in the east to adorn him with gifts. at the age of 12, he was known as a prodigy child teacher. he was baptized at age 30. and by 33, he was dead because 1 of his 12 deciples sold him out. 3 days later, he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

you probably think im talking about Jesus dont you? well, i could be. but im also talking about Horus, an ancient egyptian god. except this story was written about 3300 bc. it is also the same story of Mithra (persia), and Dionysus (greece); all of which were before Jesus.

there once was a great flood commanded by god. and an order came from god to build an arc. the story of noah? perhaps. but it is the same story as the epic of gilgamesh--in 2600 bc.

then there is the story of a young infant who was placed in a basket and sent down river to avoid infantacide. he was then rescued and raised by royalty. he grew into a man of the law, one some knew to give commandments set forth by god himself. sound familiar? the story of moses maybe? its also the story of manou of india, minos of crete, and mises of egypt. manou, minos, mises, moses. hmm. those 10 commandments sound familiar. oh yea.. spell 125 of the egyptian book of the dead. yep, theyre all there.

i like stories.

crawfish
2/26/2008, 03:19 PM
Nice.

It all makes perfect sense. If you stop right there. :)

SoonerInKCMO
2/26/2008, 03:20 PM
You really don't want to make any friends here, do you? ;)

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 03:22 PM
You know there's a search button right?

sheesh.

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 03:22 PM
You really don't want to make any friends here, do you? ;)

not looking for friends online. but i was posting excerpts of some research ive been doing. you dont have to take my word for it. look it up yourself.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 03:23 PM
Shaun of the Dead was a funny movie...for about 15 minutes

:mad: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

frankensooner
2/26/2008, 03:25 PM
You do not insult any Zombie movies. I will not stand for it.

SoonerInKCMO
2/26/2008, 03:26 PM
not looking for friends online. but i was posting excerpts of some research ive been doing. you dont have to take my word for it. look it up yourself.

Oh, I know what you say is true; I've read all about it years ago. I'm just saying most of the people around here like us heathens to keep our nonsense to ourselves. ;)

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 03:28 PM
Oh, I know what you say is true; I've read all about it years ago. I'm just saying most of the people around here like us heathens to keep our nonsense to ourselves. ;)

i cant share the truth with my friends here in soonerfanland?

soonerhubs
2/26/2008, 03:30 PM
He was born of a virgin, by immaculate conception on december 25th. his birth was celebrated by 3 men who followed a star in the east to adorn him with gifts. at the age of 12, he was known as a prodigy child teacher. he was baptized at age 30. and by 33, he was dead because 1 of his 12 deciples sold him out. 3 days later, he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

you probably think im talking about Jesus dont you? well, i could be. but im also talking about Horus, an ancient egyptian god. except this story was written about 3300 bc. it is also the same story of Mithra (persia), and Dionysus (greece); all of which were before Jesus.

there once was a great flood commanded by god. and an order came from god to build an arc. the story of noah? perhaps. but it is the same story as the epic of gilgamesh--in 2600 bc.

then there is the story of a young infant who was placed in a basket and sent down river to avoid infantacide. he was then rescued and raised by royalty. he grew into a man of the law, one some knew to give commandments set forth by god himself. sound familiar? the story of moses maybe? its also the story of manou of india, minos of crete, and mises of egypt. manou, minos, mises, moses. hmm. those 10 commandments sound familiar. oh yea.. spell 125 of the egyptian book of the dead. yep, theyre all there.

i like stories.
It's almost as if the same stories were told all over the world because God loves all of his Children. Perhaps these are all prophecies that have been recorded. Who knows.

Next you'll tell me that Isaiah wrote about Christ years before he was born.

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 03:31 PM
My prediction: fail.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 03:32 PM
i cant go trolling here in soonerfanland?

why bring stuff up that's been discussed numerous times on here before?

you think the story of Jesus is nothing more than a fairy tale. we get it. move on.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 03:33 PM
Next you'll tell me that Isaiah wrote about Christ years before he was born.

There you go bringing the bible into things . . . ;)

Miko
2/26/2008, 03:33 PM
He was born of a virgin, by immaculate conception on december 25th.

I may have gotten a bit glassy-eyed in Sister Mary Margret's class, but I am fairly certain that the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary being conceived without the stain (maccula in Latin) of original sin. I think it is celebrated early in Advent.

Dec 25 is the traditional celebration of the birth of Jebus. (and the conception of no one)

:cool:

Mjcpr
2/26/2008, 03:35 PM
What is Dec 27th? Anything good?

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 03:36 PM
I may have gotten a bit glassy-eyed in Sister Mary Margret's class, but I am fairly certain that the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary being conceived without the stain (maccula in Latin) of original sin. I think it is celebrated early in Advent.

Dec 25 is the traditional celebration of the birth of Jebus. (and the conception of no one)

yea i know, that's why i edited the post and removed the immaculate conception bit. dont know why i put it there. just to look cool i suppose.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 03:40 PM
What is Dec 27th? Anything good?

That's the day you take all your unwanted gifts back.

crawfish
2/26/2008, 03:46 PM
OK, I'll play.

He was born of a virgin, on december 25th. his birth was celebrated by 3 men who followed a star in the east to adorn him with gifts. at the age of 12, he was known as a prodigy child teacher. he was baptized at age 30. and by 33, he was dead because 1 of his 12 deciples sold him out. 3 days later, he rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

This theory (tying Horus to Christ) is being pushed by a guy named Tom Harpur, whose book "The Pagan Christ" was based upon the research of three 19th century researchers: Alvin Boyd Kuhn, Godfrey Higgins and Gerald Massey. Problem is, none of them were considered to be top Egyptologists of their age. In fact, Kuhn was a high school teacher. The other two - well, lets just say that in the subsequent 150 years, we've become a LOT better at interpreting hieroglyphics, and most of their work is considered bunk.

For instance: Horus was celebrated on December 21, not 25.

I'm not going to address every assertion in your post. Some might be true but don't matter; some are subject to interpretation; some are flat-out wrong. I do encourage you to look into this further, though - a little info isn't a bad thing.

soonerinabilene
2/26/2008, 03:49 PM

And by "research you've been doing", you mean that you just watched Zeitgeist and think that it is the absolute truth, with no fabrications at all, right?:rolleyes:

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 03:53 PM
i actually looked up information on egyptian and greek mythology. theyre all very similar and for some good reasons. and it is interesting to me how pagan beliefs comes into play with some world religions.

frankensooner
2/26/2008, 04:06 PM
Dang, and all this time I thought Horace was the guy who couldn't get married because he couldn't afford a carriage.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/26/2008, 04:38 PM
So research is the word to use when I google?

swardboy
2/26/2008, 05:15 PM
Well zippity doo dah...look what I googled.

Freke and Gandy approach this project with no scholarly credentials and present a totally baseless thesis. For starters their assertion that Jesus of Nazareth was a fictional person modeled after the likes of Dionysus and Mithra predicated upon the legend of the Jewish Messiah is completely unsubstantiated and a worthless argument. Besides the New Testament accounts written a generation after Jesus' ministry, we also possess the writings of Josephus, Tacitus, and Pliny which attest to Jesus' historicity and validate the fact that he did exist. Even the most liberal New Testament scholars associated with the Jesus Seminar(Crossan, Borg, etc.) believe Jesus existed and that there is enough historical documentation to validate this fact, they just believe the New Testament accounts are theological documents and not purely historical. If Freke and Gandy were to present their thesis in front of liberal and orthodox New Testament scholars they would be laughed out of the auditorium; Especially since they base their Jesus didn't exist assumption on outdated 19th century research.Now to handle the central argument of the book; The claim that Jesus was just a Jewish version of the dying/rising god myth. They first compare Jesus to Mithras an Iranian based deity who became popular in the Roman empire. Here's the problem, Freke and Gandy assume Iranian Mithraism and Roman Mithraism were the same religions. In fact, the latest scholarship has revealed they are not and are vastly different systems of religion that just share the name of the god in question. Freke and Gandy use Cumont and pre Cumont sources as their primary source material and it was Cumont who erroneously assumed that Iranian and Roman Mithraism were the same, when in fact they are not. The Iranian Mithras did predate Christ but he never slew the cosmic bull, he wasn't crucified, he never promised his followers eternal life, and he didn't do a host of other things that Jesus did. Mithras was just the offspring of one of the gods in the polytheistic pantheon and he wasn't particularly important.
Here are some of the other facts Freke and Gandy conveniently ignore. Scenes depicting the birth of Mithras do not show him being born of a virgin but out of a rock, and he is a fully formed adult. The shepherds don't come to worship him they stumble upon his birth by chance and assist him in removing himself from the rock. His supposed 12 disciples represent the 12 phases of the procession of the zodiac. Mithras wasn't crucified to atone for sins, the Roman Mithras(the one which arose contemporaneously or after Christianity) killed the cosmic bull for world peace not for an atonement for sin. Mithras didn't die and there is absolutely no historical motif for his resurrection so wildly asserted by Freke and Gandy. And the grand claim that Mithras said his followers must eat his flesh and drink his blood comes not from some systematic treatise describing Mithraic belief but a medieval text in which Zarathustra speaks. Freke and Gandy are grasping at straws by trying to assert that the Iranian Mithras spoke these words when they have absolutely NO source material to substantiate this claim.
Now for the great Dionysus connection. First, the Eleusis mysteries were not celebrated in honor of Dionysus, but Demeter and Dionysus. It was not Dionysus who promised initiates eternal life, but the goddess Demeter. The extant Greek sources indicate that this was a ceremony primarily in honor of Demeter and not for Dionysus. This is nothing more than misleading deception on the part of the authors to construct their amusing thesis. The rituals celebrated commemorated the arrival of Spring and the renewal of living things; Demeter as the goddess of grain restored the crops, while Dionysus as the god of wine restored the vine. The elements of bread and wine that comprised the entheogen in the ceremony signified both Demeter and Dionysus, not just Dionysus as the dying and resurrected god who grants eternal life as the authors claim. Moreover, Dionysus was not crucified to atone for sin he was a dying and rising god in that he represented the restoration of life each year. Looking at the statues of Dionysus one can see that he is depicted as an adolescent, adult and old man because he ages each year, dies, and then is reborn anew. The Dionysus myth has it's roots in the mother goddess and consort myth where the goddess gives birth to her consort each year, mates with him, consumes him, and then gives birth to him anew to renew life each year. Dionysus played the role of the consort while several other mythical figures represented the goddess(Demeter, Persephone, Ariadne, etc). This is totally different from the Christian claim that Christ died once, then rose again for all time to defeat death and sin. There are many myths surrounding the birth of Dionysus: One has him born of Semele and Zeus and no one knows for sure whether Semele was a virgin, but the other myth has Dionysus born of Zeus and Persephone(the goddess who was married to Hades, hardly virginal), and when the Olympians kill Dionysus, Zeus has him reborn by planting an embryo in his leg and carrying the child to term.
These are just a few of the differences and inconsistencies present in this work. With more time and more effort I could provide much more, but this suffices to show how this work is poor and unscholarly. If anyone actually takes the time to research the latest scholarly material on Mithras and Dionysus one will find that the few similarities are outweighed by the vast amount of differences between these mythical gods and Jesus Christ.

Ike
2/26/2008, 05:31 PM
So research is the word to use when I google?

No. If it's google, thats just search. If it's wikipedia, that's research.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:01 PM
?

I thought it was research when you put a different term into Google.

oufan1
2/26/2008, 06:01 PM
While there are writings about Horus that suggests he predated Christ there are no writings that suggest the Jesus Horus similarities until long after Christ.

In other words Horus was changed to a copy of Christ and since Horus "lived" before Christ uneducated people simply believe that Christ copied Horus and not the other way around.

Show me one text, manuscript writing, anything that PREdates Christ or the Bible for that matter that makes the claims that people today are making about Horus.

Don't simply believe everything you are told without doing your research. You will probably (or maybe you already have) voted for Obama because he said he would change stuff huh?

GottaHavePride
2/26/2008, 06:05 PM
You will probably (or maybe you already have) voted for Obama because he said he would change stuff huh?

Hell no. I'm voting for this guy:

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/fifthelement25.jpg

Collier11
2/26/2008, 06:11 PM

I love it when research consists of watching one movie or reading one book and believing it to be the truth...you must be a fan of Michael Moore as well :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
2/26/2008, 06:13 PM

i like stories.

This was a bad idea the first time. Remember Mr. Banned?

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48704

oufan1
2/26/2008, 06:22 PM
I love it when research consists of watching one movie or reading one book and believing it to be the truth...you must be a fan of Michael Moore as well :rolleyes:
The sad thing is that this is the "research" that is spewed in schools these days.

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 07:02 PM

no, i despise michael moore. i am not a liberal. i am a conservative agnostic person who likes guns, the death penalty, and the right to an abortion.

one of my sources (not google) is a book called "the gods of the egyptians" another is entitled "studies in the history of oriental religion", and finally, "the complete gods and goddesses of ancient egypt". i have a friend who is a fanatic about ancient religions and he told me about this stuff and let me skim through some of his books.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:13 PM
So... ...let me ask you this: was your point in posting that to enlighten, and perhaps convert some here to agnosticism, or was it to post something inflammatory that you thought would rile up the natives?

I understand throwing out those thoughts in an ongoing discussion about religion, but why start a thread about them?

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 08:11 PM
So... ...let me ask you this: was your point in posting that to enlighten, and perhaps convert some here to agnosticism, or was it to post something inflammatory that you thought would rile up the natives?

I understand throwing out those thoughts in an ongoing discussion about religion, but why start a thread about them?

to incite a conversation or even a debate about the subject. people have differing points of view, and i find it enlightening to learn how others feel about a subject. isnt that the point of a public forum?

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:19 PM
Thot we wernt Ya friends ?:confused:

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:21 PM
That's the day you take all your unwanted gifts back.
And Buy the things that ya wanted after they go on sale !

soonerscuba
2/26/2008, 08:30 PM
I don't like evangelicals... from either side.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:32 PM
to incite a conversation or even a debate about the subject. people have differing points of view, and i find it enlightening to learn how others feel about a subject. isnt that the point of a public forum?
Absolutely, encouraging (I would stop sort of "inciting") conversations and debate among people who have different points of view, and learning how others feel about a subject, those things are absolutely the point of a public forum. However, you had to know that the subject matter, and the way you couched it, was going to elicit some pretty strong responses from people on this board (and I'm pleasantly surprised that they've restrained themselves). THAT, I would say, borders on flamebaiting.

All I'm saying is that this is mighty ambitious subject matter for a thread started by someone who first registered on this board two months ago, and until this week had never posted.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:34 PM

Mainly dick and fart jokes, actually.

"Debate" about religion usually ends poorly outside the confines of ecclesiatical scholars-and even then it can end pretty badly. People nailing stuff doors and the like.

Dropping that first post in a forum made up 95% by Christians is kind of like showing up at a huntsman's show wearing a "meat is murder" sign.

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:35 PM

Shawns Busted !:D

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:36 PM

"Debate" about religion usually ends poorly outside the confines of ecclesiatical scholars-and even then it can end pretty badly. People nailing stuff doors and the like.

Dropping that first post in a forum made up 95% by Christians is kind of like showing up at a huntsman's show wearing a "meat is murder" sign.
Or, what Froze said.

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2008, 08:37 PM
This thread has been quite civil. I applaud all parties.

royalfan5
2/26/2008, 08:38 PM

Since you brought up nailing theses to doors, I figure it's time for my Obligatory pro-Lutheran post in a religion thread. Yay Lutherans!!!

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:38 PM

Mike Ya forgotted to add the Poo and Deans Favotite, Snot jokes !:D

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I've actually been kind of impressed with the restraint as well. Nobody's gone nuclear yet, which I could kind of understand people doing given the initial tone.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:40 PM
Since you brought up nailing theses to doors, I figure it's time for my Obligatory pro-Lutheran post in a religion thread. Yay Lutherans!!!

GO TEAM!!!!

(I figure if I was baptised Lutheran, I can at least claim as much fanhood as a person whose parents are from Texas and has never set foot in the state can for UT.)

Alternate post:

Ah, go eat some worms.

(get it?)

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:40 PM
Cool
Hey guys, Mike and jedi said we should Burn This Mofo Heritic at the stake .
whos got the Dayum matches ?

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:41 PM
Meh. He WANTS to be burned at the stake. Let him catch a chill instead.

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2008, 08:42 PM
Mike Ya forgotted to add the Poo and Deans Favotite, Snot jokes !:D
Jesus blew his nose in the shower too.

royalfan5
GO TEAM!!!!

(I figure if I was baptised Lutheran, I can at least claim as much fanhood as a person whose parents are from Texas and has never set foot in the state can for UT.)

Alternate post:

Ah, go eat some worms.

(get it?)
I agree, Perhaps a Diet of Worms would be appropriate.

Frozen Sooner
Jesus blew his nose in the shower too.

Well, yeah.

He was wearing sandals.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:43 PM
I agree, Perhaps a Diet of Worms would be appropriate.

YAY! HE GOT IT!!!

BigRedJed
HA!!

BigRedJed
TIMING RUINERS!! :mad:

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:44 PM
TIMING RUINERS!! :mad:

Kwote buttonz.

You suxz at them.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:45 PM
Don't make me push an EXTRA button, ppl. I'm tired.

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 08:45 PM
Absolutely, encouraging (I would stop sort of "inciting") conversations and debate among people who have different points of view, and learning how others feel about a subject, those things are absolutely the point of a public forum. However, you had to know that the subject matter, and the way you couched it, was going to elicit some pretty strong responses from people on this board (and I'm pleasantly surprised that they've restrained themselves). THAT, I would say, borders on flamebaiting.

All I'm saying is that this is mighty ambitious subject matter for a thread started by someone who first registered on this board two months ago, and until this week had never posted.

i dont even remember creating this account a couple months ago. but my email address came up with this username. so here i am.

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 08:47 PM
on another board, the same posting illicited some very interesting and fun debate and conversations on the subject.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:47 PM
It was about the time you created your now-banned handle at OUinsider, apparently.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:48 PM
on another board, the same posting illicited some very interesting and fun debate and conversations on the subject.
They're smarter over there. Or more easily duped. One or the other.

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:51 PM
Well, yeah.

He was wearing sandals.
He was smart like that .
Unlike some people we know :rolleyes:

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 08:51 PM
They're smarter over there. Or more easily duped. One or the other.

my username there was shaun1144. and i was banned because someone else using the same ip address created an account. and the zealous moderator apparently got sexual gratification from banning me for violating the rules of the forum "only one username per account, all usernames will now be banned"

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 08:53 PM
Itwas so Fun for them They bained ya !

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:53 PM
Man, they're not very forgiving over there. Hacks.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:58 PM
"Dear 8lb 6oz sandal-wearing baby Jesus..."

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 09:00 PM
Man, they're not very forgiving over there. Hacks.

i didnt even get a trial.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 09:01 PM
"Dear 8lb 6oz sandal-wearing baby Jesus..."

"Hockin' a big ol' holy loogie in the manger shower..."

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 09:02 PM
See? We're dum over here. D.U.M. We're just not up to speed on all your fancy religious talk.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 09:04 PM
"Hockin' a big ol' holy loogie in the manger shower..."

"Please strike Jed dead as he rides his scooter across Your creation with a big ol' bolt of your cherubic love."

KC//CRIMSON
2/26/2008, 09:09 PM
Has anybody checked Snopes?

Now that's funny. I don't care who your are.:D

Collier11
2/26/2008, 09:30 PM

well here are my thoughts and you can take them for what they are worth, I will trust my faith more than some old books...The End!

shaun4411
2/26/2008, 09:48 PM
well here are my thoughts and you can take them for what they are worth, I will trust my faith more than some old books...The End!

i have the same exact viewpoint about my religious views as well.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 09:50 PM

I knew I read this crap before . . . and here I negged him and stuff thinking he posted it on here before. :O

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 09:55 PM

what religious views?:rolleyes:

That you're too smart for it?

AggieTool
2/26/2008, 09:59 PM
This thread isn't locked yet?:confused:

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/26/2008, 10:05 PM
:les: I THOUGHT YOU WERE LEAVING!!!

47straight
2/26/2008, 11:20 PM
On hornfans this guy would be a mod.

Blue
2/26/2008, 11:30 PM
OUinsider already had the debate. We have them every 3 months or so. We're tired right now. Another month or so and it will go 30 pages.

olevetonahill
2/26/2008, 11:34 PM
Dude Ya sayin your Shat dont stink ?
:D

tbl
2/26/2008, 11:49 PM
I think the reason it hasn't brought many harsh responses is because there are so many flaws and the scholarship involved is so weak.

Hasn't this already been said?

soonerinabilene
2/26/2008, 11:52 PM
This thread isn't locked yet?:confused:

you can still post here?:confused:

Collier11
2/27/2008, 12:01 AM

with all due respect, your views have nothing to do with Faith

olevetonahill
2/27/2008, 12:18 AM
You Sir are Correct
Every One MUST believe In something
I believe I have enough Natty to last !;)

shaun4411
2/27/2008, 12:20 AM

collier, exactly.

Collier11
2/27/2008, 12:21 AM
You Sir are Correct
Every One MUST believe In something
I believe I have enough Natty to last !;)

Natty....:eek: ...you need to switch to Busch Light! :D

Ike
2/27/2008, 12:34 AM
Isn't it some kind of breach of innerweb ethics to make the exact same post on two different message boards?

def_lazer_fc
2/27/2008, 12:52 AM
no matter how well/poorly researched anything is, be it religion, science, or dare i say politics, you can't convert someone on a message board. thats just science. look it up. its in books and junk. all you accomplish is ****ing people off, which i can see you've already done by your neg count. you'd be better off sticking to simpler topics. like this. hey! has anyone seen There Will Be Blood. i got it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. See? no one will neg you for that. unless you just typed that last sentence and some smart *** negs you. (i know its coming) :D

olevetonahill
2/27/2008, 02:08 AM
Natty....:eek: ...you need to switch to Busch Light! :D
You shut Your Whore Mouth !:mad:

olevetonahill
2/27/2008, 02:09 AM
Isn't it some kind of breach of innerweb ethics to make the exact same post on two different message boards?
Naw
Its Just called
" I succs"

Blue
2/27/2008, 02:12 AM

New Sig! Woohoo!

olevetonahill
2/27/2008, 02:12 AM
no matter how well/poorly researched anything is, be it religion, science, or dare i say politics, you can't convert someone on a message board. thats just science. look it up. its in books and junk. all you accomplish is ****ing people off, which i can see you've already done by your neg count. you'd be better off sticking to simpler topics. like this. hey! has anyone seen There Will Be Blood. i got it, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. See? no one will neg you for that. unless you just typed that last sentence and some smart *** negs you. (i know its coming) :D

This Smartass , I did :(
I did Not Neg Ya :(
Ok I did
Im gonna find 4 other of ur Posts to Poss !:D :D :D :D

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2008, 02:26 AM
Dang, and all this time I thought Horace was the guy who couldn't get married because he couldn't afford a carriage.
But they'll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built for two!

SoonerKnight
2/27/2008, 02:45 AM
You know this subject is too dicey to even get into who's the idjit that created this topic???? It's not right. Wars were fought over less than this.

TUSooner
2/27/2008, 07:35 AM
I think it's funny when shaun4411 uses words like "research" and "debate."

EDIT: By "funny" I mean a shameless misuse of the English language.

crawfish
2/27/2008, 08:11 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

stoops the eternal pimp
2/27/2008, 10:01 AM
Due to the information given in this thread, I am going to resign the church today...and also for the guilt trip I was put on for posting about ****ing in a guys gas tank 5 years ago....maybe more for the latter though...

Anyway, finally a well "researched", thought out post on the blatant ripping off of other religions has opened my blinded eyes...I am forever changed. Thanks Shaun..You indeed are the wind beneath my wings..

Sooner_Bob
2/27/2008, 10:03 AM
Great, now I'll have Bette Midler in my head all day . . .

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeerooooooo.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/27/2008, 10:04 AM
Great, now I'll have Bette Midler in my head all day . . .

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeerooooooo.

SING IT LOUD BOB! IM SINGING WITH YOU!

Collier11
2/27/2008, 11:24 AM

in the spirit of this thread, I will beg for forgiveness but I will not expect Shaun to understand why! ;)

picasso
2/27/2008, 01:13 PM
you believe in absolute truth?

Animal Mother
2/27/2008, 01:46 PM
I may have gotten a bit glassy-eyed in Sister Mary Margret's class, but I am fairly certain that the Immaculate reception refers to Mary being conceived without the stain (maccula in Latin) of original sin. I think it is celebrated early in Advent.

What does Franco Harris have to do with any of this debate?????

shaun4411
2/27/2008, 02:00 PM
you believe in absolute truth?

i think few things are truly absolute, but i do believe the truth is absolute. whatever that may be.

frankensooner
2/27/2008, 02:01 PM
Okay, who turned him green? ;) Shaun, you aren't in South Carolina are you?

Sooner_Bob
2/27/2008, 08:49 PM
He's absolutely in the red now . . .

SoonerKnight
2/27/2008, 08:55 PM
http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG

BigRedJed
2/27/2008, 10:14 PM
http://enigma.dune.net/~eric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG
Nah. We're gonna keep it open just to **** off AggieTroll (Tool).

Whet
2/27/2008, 10:18 PM
So, trilobites were evil devils?