PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming out for the Season....

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2008, 02:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3265631

Reports: Yao done for season with stress fracture in left foot

Yao Ming Out for Season with Stress Fracture

Yao Ming's season reportedly is over.

KRIV-TV in Houston and The Houston Chronicle are reporting that Yao has a stress fracture in his left foot and the Rockets are expected to announce he will have season-ending surgery later Tuesday.

The team has scheduled an afternoon news conference.

Houston, currently on a 12-game winning streak, is in fourth place in the Southwest Division. The streak followed a loss in the one game that Yao has missed all season.

The 7-foot-6 Yao is averaging 22.0 points and 10.8 rebounds in 55 games this season.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 03:01 PM
Man, that's huge. No pun intended.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 04:01 PM
and dallas signs jamaal magloire - diop has now been replaced

and kidd is fitting in nicely with dirk, et al

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Thursday will be a better test. Even if they lose to SA, it's still to early to tell. This thing should, should be gelling nicely come playoff time.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/26/2008, 04:27 PM
When I saw the ticker going across and I saw Jam..I thought Yay! Jamal Mashburn...and maybe Jimmy Jackson too!..but no..Magliore

GrapevineSooner
2/26/2008, 04:37 PM
Yao is the Chinese Shawn Bradley.

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2008, 04:41 PM
Yao is the Chinese Shawn Bradley that actually scores and rebounds.
fixed

GrapevineSooner
2/26/2008, 04:47 PM
At least Shawn's been to the second round of the playoffs. ;)

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 05:35 PM
Yao is the Chinese Shawn Bradley.

perhaps but he and T-Mac are the reason why the rockets are so hot right now

without Yao - this team may not make it to the playoffs, much less out of the first round

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 05:40 PM
I haven't seen Kidd play with the Mavs since they lost to the Hornets the other night. They looked awful. I guess they're starting to gel more? My first reaction when I saw that trade was that Dallas was instantly ridiculous, but I guess it takes time to mesh with teammates/system.

Scott D
2/26/2008, 05:44 PM
I wonder if T-Mac got injured and Yao was healthy, if the Rockets would make it to the second round. I'd almost think it'd be a sure thing ;)

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2008, 05:55 PM
I haven't seen Kidd play with the Mavs since they lost to the Hornets the other night. They looked awful. I guess they're starting to gel more? My first reaction when I saw that trade was that Dallas was instantly ridiculous, but I guess it takes time to mesh with teammates/system.

Yeah, it's gonna take a while longer for him to mix in being the PG, unlike Gasol in LA. I don't know how Shaq helps Pahoenix. ;)

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 05:58 PM
kidd and the mavs have looked pretty good the last 3 games, albeit against lesser opponents

Scott D
2/26/2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, it's gonna take a while longer for him to mix in being the PG, unlike Gasol in LA. I don't know how Shaq helps Pahoenix. ;)

he helps clog the lane so that steve nash can't drive into it as much ;)

colleyvillesooner
2/26/2008, 06:28 PM
heh

supabuff
2/29/2008, 10:54 AM
All the guys I work with are big Houston fans. Had to give them a jab about there chances of winning a tilte now.