PDA

View Full Version : Texans Vote for Hillary in the Dem Primary

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/26/2008, 01:19 PM
Pay back the dems for their voting McCain and Huckabee in the Republican Primaries in SC, FL, CA and other states.

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 01:26 PM
Obama continues to scare you.

It's kinda funny.

bri
2/26/2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, good idea. Let's make American "democracy" as childish and petty as possible.

Gah. Nice work as always.

2/26/2008, 01:28 PM

It's kinda funny.Not any more than hellery. They SHOULD both scare you, too.

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2008, 01:29 PM
Does Texas have open primaries?

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 01:29 PM
Not any more than hellery. They SHOULD both scare you, too.

No. You scare me.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 01:30 PM
See, JM? It's all about timing.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 01:31 PM
Sometimes people get in between you and the post you're replying to, and they just drain all of the potential humor out of your post.

Fun ruiners. :mad:

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 01:31 PM
I brandish the edit button like it was Excalibur!!!

HIIIIII-YAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

2/26/2008, 01:33 PM
The coyotes are howling!

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 01:33 PM

It's kinda funny.
Well, he scares me! http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/bitenails.gif

bri
2/26/2008, 01:34 PM
Not any more than hellery. They SHOULD both scare you, too.

I'm sure they would, were we hooked up to the hive mind.

sooner n houston
2/26/2008, 01:42 PM
Does Texas have open primaries?

Yes you can vote in either primary, but not both, regardless of your party affiliation!

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2008, 01:44 PM
So, they made it so this type of shenanigans could take place on purpose. They deserve what they get.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 01:44 PM

It's kinda funny.

he scares the hell out of me

i've considered voting for HRC in the primary

2/26/2008, 01:45 PM
Yes you can vote in either primary, but not both, regardless of your party affiliation!"YEEEE HAAAAA"-Howard Dean

2/26/2008, 01:49 PM
No. You scare me.Seek Help.

soonerscuba
2/26/2008, 01:58 PM
Where da white women at?

soonerscuba
2/26/2008, 02:12 PM
The sheriff is near!

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 02:44 PM
Daddy love froggy. Froggy love daddy?

Howzit
2/26/2008, 02:53 PM
he scares the hell out of me

i've considered voting for HRC in the primary

I am.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 02:57 PM
You are what?

Green Eggs and Ham?

Howzit
2/26/2008, 03:18 PM
Sam.

duh.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 03:21 PM
i thought howzit was a mccain supporter

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2008, 03:26 PM
That's why he'd vote for Hillery.

NormanPride
2/26/2008, 03:33 PM
What scares people so much about Obama? He's just another political zombie.

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 03:40 PM
What scares people so much about Obama? He's just another political zombie.

He's a Muslim Terrorist Radical Christian who is going to give all of our money to Africa right before he signs into law the order demanding the establishment of 42,532 new Government Agencies designed at fleecing the common man out of his ability to buy a Grande Latte at Starbucks. That's what the **** is so scary about him.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 03:43 PM
nothing like an over exaggeration for such a simple question

he scares me with his 1) i'd bomb pakistan (our ally) ; 2) i'd sit down without precondition and talk to iran (and now cuba) 3) socialized healthcare 4) pull the troops out of iraq in 60 days - what a mess that would create 5) for me, as a conservative, having the most liberal senator as our president - nuff said

not to mention all those other tax funded programs he's been promising everybody - going to work will be painful

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 03:44 PM
What scares people so much about Obama? He's just another political zombie. Call me paranoid, but mass hysteria over a political person tends to make me feel a little antsy.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 03:55 PM

he scares me with his 1) i'd bomb pakistan (our ally) ; 2) i'd sit down without precondition and talk to iran (and now cuba) 3) socialized healthcare 4) pull the troops out of iraq in 60 days - what a mess that would create 5) for me, as a conservative, having the most liberal senator as our president - nuff said

not to mention all those other tax funded programs he's been promising everybody - going to work will be painful
The good news is that he'd be out of the Senate! :D

NormanPride
2/26/2008, 03:59 PM
Call me paranoid, but mass hysteria over a political person tends to make me feel a little antsy.

I've got to be honest... that's kind of sad. I don't know that "mass hysteria" is a good term for it. The only real perception that he's some sort of fake messiah is in fearful conservative circles. Everywhere else he's just a powerful Dem candidate that might beat Hillary.

Now, you want fanatics? Look at Ron Paul supporters. THAT is something to get scared about.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 04:00 PM
i agree with the ron paul crowd, but it was just a couple of days ago that HRC was mocking BHO's messiah like status at one of her rally's - so its not just the conservative circles

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:02 PM
I am.

I would rather see McCain run against Hillary than Obama.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 04:04 PM
I am.

I would rather see McCain run against Hillary than Obama.

ditto - and i'm seriously considering voting for HRC for the same reason

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:06 PM
Me too!!!

What about you?

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 04:08 PM
I SAID DITTO

GAH

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:09 PM
OMG!!!

ME TOO!!!!

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:10 PM
It's like jk can see into my soul.

Or something.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 04:11 PM
It's his investigative background. They had a training on soul-seeing.

Mjcpr
2/26/2008, 04:11 PM
It's like jk can see into my soul.

Or something.

Is there a wine bottle next to the opening?

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:13 PM
No.

And it's not a flashlight, either.

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 04:13 PM
I've got to be honest... that's kind of sad. I don't know that "mass hysteria" is a good term for it. The only real perception that he's some sort of fake messiah is in fearful conservative circles. Everywhere else he's just a powerful Dem candidate that might beat Hillary.

Now, you want fanatics? Look at Ron Paul supporters. THAT is something to get scared about.
Oh contrario Mr. Pride. Women are fainting over this person who wants to be our leader. I haven't seen anything like it since the Beatles. The difference however, between the Beatles and Obama, is that the Beatles were harmless and had no political power.

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:14 PM
Ok, that one was my bad, Jed.

NormanPride
2/26/2008, 04:15 PM
Were you scared of JFK? Clinton?

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 04:15 PM

1) He said he would bomb Al Qaida and Taliban strongholds and training grounds in the mountainous regions of NWern Pakistan (You know, like when Dick Armitage told them the same thing after 09/11.). He didn't say he was going to bomb the streets of Karachi. If Musharraf doesn't seem interested in doing anything about it what's the answer? If Musharraf knows about it and won't do anything to stop it, how else do you handle it?

2) I know you're a tad hawkish, but Diplomacy is NOT a 4 letter word. ;)

3) A sticking point for me as well. Although I think the entire healthcare system is flawed, I don't know that his plan is the best one. But what is? What's the fix? Maybe if he makes a push at making this happen, some sort of rational compromise will come of it.

4) 60 days, 60 months, 60 years. It won't get better. Blaming Obama for the mess that is Iraq is about as short-sighted as it gets. I fall somewhere between 60 days and 100 years myself, but I do tire of this protracted, seemingly endless conflict and would think, given your situation you would hope for an end as well.

5) Donks always talk about increasing social programs. Just like Pubs talk about No New Taxes.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 04:20 PM
there's a reason we havent carpet bombed that mountainous region in pakistan before now

i'm not blaming obama for the iraq mess, but building your campaign around "i'm going to end this war and bring them home withing 60 days" is extremely irresponsible - imo

go read my speculation thread

Howzit
2/26/2008, 04:23 PM
1) He said he would bomb Al Qaida and Taliban strongholds and training grounds in the mountainous regions of NWern Pakistan (You know, like when Dick Armitage told them the same thing after 09/11.). He didn't say he was going to bomb the streets of Karachi. If Musharraf doesn't seem interested in doing anything about it what's the answer? If Musharraf knows about it and won't do anything to stop it, how else do you handle it?

Musharraf is not going to be in power long anyway, but the fact that Pakistan is moving toward a more conservative Islam and has a nuclear bomb makes bombing any part of Pakistan not such a good idea.

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 04:27 PM
Were you scared of JFK? Clinton?
Kinda.

NormanPride
2/26/2008, 04:30 PM
Well then nevermind. :P

Scott D
2/26/2008, 05:33 PM
i agree with the ron paul crowd, but it was just a couple of days ago that HRC was mocking BHO's messiah like status at one of her rally's - so its not just the conservative circles

well if you were a butt ugly yainch whose only real defining moment was not divorcing a philandering husband because she thought it'd damage her political potential future run for President, then yeah...it's no surprise that she'd try to mock something she could never get. Any sort of adoration.

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 05:56 PM
President after President talked to the Soviet Union all the damned time. We had a direct line between the White House and the Kremlin. There's photo after photo with our President and the Soviet Premier.

As such, I really don't get what's wrong with talking with Iran.

2/26/2008, 06:00 PM
Folks, Hellery needs our help to get back into the dem race. Exercise your right to vote in any da*n primary you want, and go give Hellery's sagging a*s a boost!

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:02 PM
President after President talked to the Soviet Union all the damned time. We had a direct line between the White House and the Kremlin. There's photo after photo with our President and the Soviet Premier.

As such, I really don't get what's wrong with talking with Iran.
I guess the main difference is that we've never recognized the legitimacy of their government, which is an extension of a group that captured and held hostage dozens of our diplomats for more than a year.

Scott D
2/26/2008, 06:03 PM
Folks, Hellery needs our help to get back into the dem race. Exercise your right to vote in any da*n primary you want, and go give Hellery's slumping a*s a boost!

sounds to me like she needs a plastic surgeon, not votes.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:03 PM
Not saying it shouldn't be done, BTW. I don't think the Shah is coming back anytime soon.

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 06:07 PM
I guess the main difference is that we've never recognized the legitimacy of their government, which is an extension of a group that captured and held hostage dozens of our diplomats for more than a year.

Yeah, but I see that as more of an explanation of why we haven't done it, not why we shouldn't.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 06:19 PM
oh i forgot to include all those veiled comments by BHO on personal wealth

he wants to increase the taxes on the group of people (and corporations) that currently pay the biggest chunk of taxes

i'd like to think he doesnt actually want to control or cap personal or corporate wealth but its really hard to tell sometimes with some of the things he says

i've never gotten a job or a paycheck from a poor person

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 06:22 PM
i've never gotten a job or a paycheck from a poor person

Maybe not, but there's plenty people who do. Well, poor companies anyway.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 06:25 PM

Everyone mocked him for this. But wait, all you Bush fans out there! Didn't we just launch a predator attack in the mountains of Pakistan killing a high ranking taliban leader without telling the Pakistani government we were going to...

2) I know you're a tad hawkish, but Diplomacy is NOT a 4 letter word. ;)

It is staring to seem that it has become one. But this foreign policy is just a mirror of our current domestic policy. "I am right, you are wrong, there is NO middle ground, NO compromise!

3) A sticking point for me as well. Although I think the entire healthcare system is flawed, I don't know that his plan is the best one. But what is? What's the fix? Maybe if he makes a push at making this happen, some sort of rational compromise will come of it.

While I don't support the idea whole-heartedly, at least he has a plan that includes a fix of our health care system that doesn't force every US citizen to buy into it

4) 60 days, 60 months, 60 years. It won't get better. Blaming Obama for the mess that is Iraq is about as short-sighted as it gets. I fall somewhere between 60 days and 100 years myself, but I do tire of this protracted, seemingly endless conflict and would think, given your situation you would hope for an end as well.

Really, it isn't getting better. You know how sometimes when someone is in a coma on life support they come down to the final option of taking them off life support in an attempt to shock or force the body back into breathing on its own? We are there. We either pull the cord, or expect our grandchildren to continue to pay for this sick man's medical bills

5) Donks always talk about increasing social programs. Just like Pubs talk about No New Taxes.

READ MY LIPS!!! Oh, wait... There are people out there who are saying that the coming rescission might be pretty d@mn bad. Maybe a few social programs to act as safety nets wouldn't be a bad idea. Seemed to work for some ole boy bout 70 years ago. I know it is falling apart now, but 70 years of corrupt politicians poking at something has a way of eroding things.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:27 PM
The whole premise of this thread is awesome.

First RLIMC wanted to switch parties and vote for Obama because he didn't think a Republican could beat Clinton.

Now he wants people to vote for Clinton because he doesn't think a Republican can beat Obama.

It really must suck to be part of the crowd that doesn't actually have a candidate to vote for, only against.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:27 PM
It's sort of like being an OSU fan, I'll bet.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 06:28 PM
no, i have a candidate to vote for, and i'll do that come November

but right now, i can use my vote however I see fit

it may be twisted logic but its all mine - and i'm not alone in thinking the way i do

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 06:28 PM
While I don't support the idea whole-heartedly, at least he has a plan that attempts to fix of our health care system that doesn't force every US citizen to buy into it

Fixed.

It's a pretty big distinction. There's a plan. Will it work? Who knows.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:31 PM
Well, I don't have a candidate to vote for OR against. It feels sort of like watching the USC/UT in the BCS championship game a couple of years ago.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 06:32 PM
Fixed.

It's a pretty big distinction. There's a plan. Will it work? Who knows.

Yeah, I get that. Who knows if it will work, but it is a compromise of Donks wanting free mandatory health care for all, and Pubs wanting the free market to dictate who gets health care.

Will it work, :confused: but at least he has a plan in place to back up his claims of "Compromise"

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:32 PM
Either way I was pretty sure that the ending was going to suck.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:33 PM
All you dang consecutive post ruiners can KMA. :mad:

2/26/2008, 06:33 PM
Now he wants people to vote for Clinton because he doesn't think a Republican can beat Obama.

Hellery needs some affirmative action from the republicans in TX, so she and Oabama can fight it out longer, and McCain can see what works against both of the left's candidates. You go, Hellery!

Besides, don't you think it's fair for the repubs to select the dem candidate, like the dems selected the repub candidate?

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 06:38 PM
it may be twisted logic but its all mine - and i'm not alone in thinking the way i do

Twisted as it may be, I know you are not alone. Politics in this country have become "IF I can't win, then the winner sure as hell ain't getting anything done!"

It is pretty sad really, to bad no one saw this kind of divisive politics coming before hand...

I have already intimated to you the danger of parties in the State, with particular reference to the founding of them on geographical discriminations. Let me now take a more comprehensive view, and warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirit of party generally.

This spirit, unfortunately, is inseparable from our nature, having its root in the strongest passions of the human mind. It exists under different shapes in all governments, more or less stifled, controlled, or repressed; but, in those of the popular form, it is seen in its greatest rankness, and is truly their worst enemy.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight), the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which finds a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the government and serve to keep alive the spirit of liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in governments of a monarchical cast, patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 06:43 PM

I have always found you to be very sound of mind. :)

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:47 PM
Hellery needs some affirmative action from the republicans in TX, so she and Oabama can fight it out longer, and McCain can see what works against both of the left's candidates. You go, Hellery!

Besides, don't you think it's fair for the repubs to select the dem candidate, like the dems selected the repub candidate?

You really don't have any clue about how badly Romney was getting trounced do you?

Jerk
2/26/2008, 06:48 PM

I plan on giving up work and getting on the public dole. SRSLY, once taxes get to a certain point, what will be the point of working?

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:50 PM

I don't think your logic is twisted at all from an Art of War kind of perspective. I just think it's hilarious that you guys aren't confident in your own party's presumptive nominee.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 06:53 PM
I plan on giving up work and getting on the public dole. SRSLY, once taxes get to a certain point, what will be the point of working?

The thing that will keep most people from doing that is they will not want to sacrifice their current standard of living.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:55 PM
I think Jerk's point is that eventually the taxes will reduce the working man's standard of living to the point where it is approximately equal to the man on welfare.

2/26/2008, 06:56 PM
The thing that will keep most people from doing that is they will not want to sacrifice their current standard of living.He said "once taxes get to a certain point".

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:57 PM
So, what kind of welfare does a single man qualify for anyhow?

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 06:58 PM
Not enough, I'll tell you that. I keep waiting for my check, but I have yet to see one.

Jerk
2/26/2008, 06:58 PM
So, what kind of welfare does a single man qualify for anyhow?

umm...I don't know. Maybe if we vote, as a group, for a certain canidate, we can get our own special handouts in return.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:59 PM
Other than working for the Postal Service, that is.

;)

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 07:01 PM
I think Jerk's point is that eventually the taxes will reduce the working man's standard of living to the point where it is approximately equal to the man on welfare.

... except, we're nowhere near that point, and nobody is advocating it either.

You really don't have any clue about how badly Romney was getting trounced do you?You don't have any idea about how much voting by liberals there has been in the republican primaries, do you?..of course, you do. Hint: why did the New York Times indorse McCain? It sure wasn't because they are a conservative publication.

Sooner_Havok

I know, but that point is very high. Very, very high

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 07:02 PM
Dude, if there's THAT many "liberals" out there voting in Republican primaries, you guys have a LOT of issues come election time.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 07:04 PM
I don't think your logic is twisted at all from an Art of War kind of perspective. I just think it's hilarious that you guys aren't confident in your own party's presumptive nominee.

no, i just think more americans have been bamboozled by BHO's message and need our help

2/26/2008, 07:07 PM
Dude, if there's THAT many "liberals" out there voting in Republican primaries, you guys have a LOT of issues come election time.You bet!

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:09 PM
Hey, I'm not saying Jerk's point is somehow seriously accurate. I think he's using tongue-in-cheek humorous exaggeration to make the point that taxation can reach a point where it is thoroughly onerous, and makes you wonder why you're putting in so much hard work JUST for the common good, rather than your OWN good.

2/26/2008, 07:10 PM
Hey, I'm not saying Jerk's point is somehow seriously accurate. I think he's using tongue-in-cheek humorous exaggeration to make the point that taxation can reach a point where it is thoroughly onerous, and makes you wonder why you're putting in so much hard work JUST for the common good, rather than your OWN good.D'Oh!!!

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:11 PM
I thought you'd enjoy that.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 07:11 PM
Voter Totals:

SC
Donks- 530,322

Pubs- 442,918

Cali
Donks- 4,375,496

Pubs- 1,245,027

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 07:13 PM
Hey, I'm not saying Jerk's point is somehow seriously accurate. I think he's using tongue-in-cheek humorous exaggeration to make the point that taxation can reach a point where it is thoroughly onerous, and makes you wonder why you're putting in so much hard work JUST for the common good, rather than your OWN good.

Yeah, I get it. It's just that even at their most onerous, American tax rates have never been such that it's preferable to be on welfare because of the tax rate.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 07:14 PM
RLIC, we have a problem! Are you saying, really now, that the Donks had a better showing in two of the races than the Pubs AND managed to sway the republican races? Damn, that is a lot of democrats!

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:14 PM
I admit. It's a silly comparison.

Also, a little funny.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 07:17 PM
The following states have closed primaries:

Arizona (McCain)
California (McCain)
Connecticut (McCain)
Delaware (McCain)
District of Columbia (McCain)
Florida (McCain)
Kentucky (Not held yet)
Maryland (McCain)
Massachusetts (Romney)
Nebraska (Not held yet)
New Mexico (Not held yet)
New York (McCain)
North Carolina (Not held yet)
Oklahoma (McCain)
Oregon (Not held yet)
Pennsylvania (Not held yet)
Puerto Rico (Not held yet)
Rhode Island (Not held yet)
South Dakota (Not held yet)
Utah (Romney)
West Virginia (Huckabee)

So by my count, McCain has won 9 of the 12 closed primaries so far.

So much for your assertion that it's Democrats crossing over that are pushing McCain to the win.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 07:17 PM
if HRC won the election, I'd be ok......not great, but ok

i'd be depressed if BHO won, and I realize its a very real possibility he'll be our next president

But I wont threaten to move to canada like some of our resident "conservatives" did when W won the last election

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:18 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/aquaman10/PWNED1111.jpg

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:19 PM
Dangit, JK. Everybody's ruining my joke post timing today.

Vaevictis
2/26/2008, 07:20 PM
1. Lock thread.
2. Post.
3. Unlock thread.
4. WIN!

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 07:21 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/aquaman10/PWNED1111.jpg

Good job BRJ, to the Fark Forum! :D

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:21 PM
Everybody gets cranky enough about me not having flood control. I know my limits.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 07:22 PM
DAMMIT!! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF TIMING RUINERS!!!

2/26/2008, 07:59 PM
RLIC, we have a problem! Are you saying, really now, that the Donks had a better showing in two of the races than the Pubs AND managed to sway the republican races? Damn, that is a lot of democrats!Too many repub candidates, and nobody really took charge and motivated conservatives. IMO lots of dems were/are motivated to get a socialistic govt., so the greater numbers everywhere. The school system and the media are winning. I think we are in for an economic slide, and some rough going.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:01 PM
Still waiting for an answer on how Democrats crossed over in sufficient numbers in 9 out of 12 closed primaries to hand John McCain the nomination.

Keep fighting that one-man war against education, though :D

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:09 PM
DAMMIT!! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF TIMING RUINERS!!!
AND DAMN YOU, TOP O' THE PAGE!!! *shakes fist*

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 08:10 PM
Still waiting for an answer on how Democrats crossed over in sufficient numbers in 9 out of 12 closed primaries to hand John McCain the nomination.

Keep fighting that one-man war against education, though :D

:D

2/26/2008, 08:18 PM
The following states have closed primaries:

Arizona (McCain)
California (McCain)
Connecticut (McCain)
Delaware (McCain)
District of Columbia (McCain)
Florida (McCain)
Kentucky (Not held yet)
Maryland (McCain)
Massachusetts (Romney)
Nebraska (Not held yet)
New Mexico (Not held yet)
New York (McCain)
North Carolina (Not held yet)
Oklahoma (McCain)
Oregon (Not held yet)
Pennsylvania (Not held yet)
Puerto Rico (Not held yet)
Rhode Island (Not held yet)
South Dakota (Not held yet)
Utah (Romney)
West Virginia (Huckabee)

So by my count, McCain has won 9 of the 12 closed primaries so far.

So much for your assertion that it's Democrats crossing over that are pushing McCain to the win.Mike, you don't seem to want to look at the whole picture on a lot of the arguments you make-this one for example. You're not accounting for voter fraud of all kinds, bullying people into letting you vote(registering as a republican while at the polls), but mostly liberals legally registering as republicans simply to vote for the poorest(most liberal) republican candidates.
I contend the democrats don't really care whether it's Hellery or Obama, just as long as it's a democrat. Also,they won't be nearly as upset if mcCain wins than they would be if a more conservative candidate were to win.

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:22 PM
Voter fraud?

Bullying people into letting you vote?

Are you kidding me?

Your argument is beyond weak and delves into flat-out ludicrous.

Tell you what-come in with some actual evidence that there was widespread voter fraud or a statistically significant number of Democrats who switched party simply to vote for McCain, and I'll listen to what you're saying.

The fact is that John McCain has won 9 out of 12 closed primaries.

The fact is that he absolutely crushed Mitt Romney.

If you can come up with some proof that there was widespread changes in registration to vote for McCain as the "weakest candidate" even though his national polling numbers far exceed any of the other Republican candidates, let's see it.

Octavian
2/26/2008, 08:25 PM
The school system and the media are winning.

don't forget the post office

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 08:27 PM
So, you are saying that, in Cali for example, 5,000,000 Democrats showed up to sway a primary election, and the Republicans couldn't even manage 1,000,000? If that is the case friend, then the Republican party may as well roll over and accept its fate. That would mean that only 20% of voters where genuinely Republicans. Does it tell you something when 80% of a state doesn't like you?

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:28 PM
So, you are saying that, in Cali for example, 5,000,000 Democrats showed up to sway a primary election, and the Republicans couldn't even manage 1,000,000? If that is the case friend, then the Republican party may as well roll over and accept its fate. That would mean that only 20% of voters where genuinely Republicans. Does it tell you something when 80% of a state doesn't like you?

That you've got the highest approval rating in Congress?

2/26/2008, 08:31 PM
Voter fraud?

Bullying people into letting you vote?

Are you kidding me?

Your argument is beyond weak and delves into flat-out ludicrous.

Tell you what-come in with some actual evidence that there was widespread voter fraud or a statistically significant number of Democrats who switched party simply to vote for McCain, and I'll listen to what you're saying.

The fact is that John McCain has won 9 out of 12 closed primaries.

The fact is that he absolutely crushed Mitt Romney.

If you can come up with some proof that there was widespread changes in registration to vote for McCain as the "weakest candidate" even though his national polling numbers far exceed any of the other Republican candidates, let's see it.If you don't want to believe it, or you do believe it but won't admit it, that's okay. Yours is the party that is at war with the other party. Ours is the party that doesn't seem to care.

bri
2/26/2008, 08:35 PM
Apparently, tinfoil hats block logic as well as CIA mind-control waves.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 08:36 PM
If you don't want to believe it, or you do believe it but won't admit it, that's okay.

I just cannot fathom the numbers. Really, less than 1,000,000 Republicans voted in California? Democrats have (By your logic) 2-1 advantage in South Carolina? I provided numbers and proof, where is yours? Pod Casts of the Rush Limbaugh show don't count:D

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:36 PM
Not without proof. You've made outrageous claims. Now back them up.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:39 PM
Demagogy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue)

2/26/2008, 08:48 PM
Not without proof. You've made outrageous claims. Now back them up.The claims aren't outrageous. I know democrats, and what they have done since I've been aware of politics. You guys are at war, as I have said. We are, apparently, not. You guys have won. Even if McCain wins the election, this country is likely going socialist. You shouldn't be so angry. You guys have won.

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 08:52 PM
Mike, you don't seem to want to look at the whole picture on a lot of the arguments you make-this one for example. You're not accounting for voter fraud of all kinds, bullying people into letting you vote(registering as a republican while at the polls), but mostly liberals legally registering as republicans simply to vote for the poorest(most liberal) republican candidates.
I contend the democrats don't really care whether it's Hellery or Obama, just as long as it's a democrat. Also,they won't be nearly as upset if mcCain wins than they would be if a more conservative candidate were to win.Dead people and nursing home residents, who don't even know their own names, vote in Southeast Oklahoma...AKA Little Dixie. :pop:

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 08:53 PM
So:
UK-Socialist
France- Way Socialist
Germany-Extreme Socialist
All of Scandinavia-Money has Lenin on it
Ireland-Trying to reanimate the corpse of Stalin
Italy- I got nothing worse than the Ireland thing really

So I guess the US was the last bastion of democracy and capitalism in the world, and now it to is about to be plunged into socialism. Sorry about that man

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 08:55 PM
You know, you're very fond of asking people if they went to public school as a backhanded attempt at insulting their schooling.

I'm not sure what private school you attended, but at my public school, they taught me that when I make allegations about dishonesty I should probably be able to back them up.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 08:56 PM
Dead people and nursing home residents, who don't even know their own names, vote in Southeast Oklahoma...AKA Little Dixie. :pop:

Did you know that a day in Little Dixie isn't complete without an RC cola and a Moon Pie?

bri
The claims aren't outrageous. I know democrats, and what they have done since I've been aware of politics. You guys are at war, as I have said. We are, apparently, not. You guys have won. Even if McCain wins the election, this country is likely going socialist. You shouldn't be so angry. You guys have won.

You represent everything that I dislike about this process. Seriously.

Frozen Sooner
Dead people and nursing home residents, who don't even know their own names, vote in Southeast Oklahoma...AKA Little Dixie. :pop:

Which party was responsible for CREEP again?

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 09:00 PM
Did you know that a day in Little Dixie isn't complete without an RC cola and a Moon Pie?

Sorry about that, Nehi Orange can replace RC Cola if necessary :D

2/26/2008, 09:01 PM
You know, you're very fond of asking people if they went to public school as a backhanded attempt at insulting their schooling.

I'm not sure what private school you attended, but at my public school, they taught me that when I make allegations about dishonesty I should probably be able to back them up.You have the ability and right to deny it.

AlbqSooner
2/26/2008, 09:01 PM
Oh man, don't get me started on LBJ!:D

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 10:08 PM
Which party was responsible for CREEP again?Which party and Oklahoma Speaker of the House member was responsible for the Truth In Sentencing again?

Scott D
2/26/2008, 10:44 PM
The claims aren't outrageous. I know democrats, and what they have done since I've been aware of politics. You guys are at war, as I have said. We are, apparently, not. You guys have won. Even if McCain wins the election, this country is likely going socialist. You shouldn't be so angry. You guys have won.

Remember people...Heroin is a helluva drug.

JohnnyMack
2/26/2008, 10:47 PM
I think voting against someone in a primary all the while knowing that you won't vote for them in a GE in order to keep another person out is petty. It's my opinion and I'll do what I want with it.

jk the sooner fan
2/26/2008, 10:49 PM
its not the first time in my life i've been petty about something

probably wont be the last

OCUDad
2/26/2008, 10:55 PM
The claims aren't outrageous. I know democrats, and what they have done since I've been aware of politics. You guys are at war, as I have said. We are, apparently, not. You guys have won. Even if McCain wins the election, this country is likely going socialist. You shouldn't be so angry. You guys have won.America - love it or leave it.

Sooner_Havok
2/26/2008, 10:57 PM
America - love it or leave it.

HAH, 2004 p3wned!!!!!!!!!!1

2/27/2008, 01:31 AM
OK, when is that TX primary? Is it next tues? Texas Repubs, Hillary needs your vote to keep going, and to continue to try to work the Clintonian mojo on the Pied Piper from the Windy City.(and to spend money conducting the fight)

Howzit
2/27/2008, 07:37 AM
its not the first time in my life i've been petty about something

probably wont be the last

I can vouch for that.

Howzit
2/27/2008, 07:40 AM
I think voting against someone in a primary all the while knowing that you won't vote for them in a GE in order to keep another person out is petty. It's my opinion and I'll do what I want with it.
The primary election is for voting for your choice to be in the general election. McCain is in. I would rather Hillary than Obama.

Are you keeping up here?

sooneron
2/27/2008, 09:09 AM
Radiohead?

JohnnyMack
2/27/2008, 02:31 PM
The primary election is for voting for your choice to be in the general election. McCain is in. I would rather Hillary than Obama.

Are you keeping up here?

Spoons. Wait. Niner. Where am I?

2/28/2008, 02:22 PM
Hey, only 5 more days, Texas Soonerfans! Get out there and pull that thong for Ms. Hellery C.

JohnnyMack
2/29/2008, 09:39 AM
For jk & Howzit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23394070/

Heh.

3/3/2008, 11:12 AM
Ohmigawsh, the durned primary in TX and OH is TOMORROW...TUESDAY. Give that candidate Hillary a vote of confidence(in her ability to pull the race card, and/or find a scandal or 2, Clinton-style, on Obama). VOTE TUESDAY, TexasAmericans!

Howzit
3/3/2008, 11:46 AM
For jk & Howzit.

Heh.

Darn it! I voted early and dit ALL WRONG!!!

:rolleyes:

texas bandman
3/3/2008, 01:25 PM
This transplanted Okie has already voted in the Texas primary for Barack Obama. And just yesterday the Lubbock paper endorsed Obama over Clinton although it was a luke-warm endorsement which is to be expected in this extremely conservative part of Texas.

IT SEEMS AMAZING a candidate with no more experience than eight years as an Illinois state senator and slightly more than three years in the U.S. Senate is getting serious consideration for our highest office.

But the man of whom we speak is no ordinary candidate.

Barack Obama

Mr. Obama is blessed with exceptionally good communication skills and possesses a charisma rarely seen in the world of politics.

One of the attributes a president must have is the ability to inspire people, and Mr. Obama has amply shown that ability.

What he says resonates with the electorate. It is nice to see so many young people getting interested in politics and excited by a politician.

Hillary Clinton, the senator and wife of a two-term president, was once seen as having a clear track to the Democratic nomination until Obama gained speed.

Our favoring him is not to say we agree with all his policies and views on issues, although we're more comfortable with his health care plan than Clinton's. At this point, we'd prefer John McCain over Obama or Clinton.

For people picking a Democratic candidate in this primary, we're impressed how Mr. Obama sees our nation not as red and blue states but as purple states.

If elected, much like McCain, he has a better chance of pulling the nation together than his opponent.

If you're concerned about his lack of experience, don't vote for him ... but he displays smarts and skills making us believe he can handle the job.

3/4/2008, 10:58 AM
HOLY COW! It's Primary Day in TX and OH, fergoodnesssakes. Sooner whorns and buckeyes, get to the polls TODAY, and keep Hillary afloat, to batter and badger the anointed one, and show McCain what he must do to whup him!

TexasSooner01
3/4/2008, 11:32 AM
Im sorry but noone could pay me to vote for Hillary. Dont like her, dont trust her. Didnt like her when bill was pres dont like her now.

I will be voting for Obama today...gotta go with the lesser of the two evils here...

GrapevineSooner
3/4/2008, 12:59 PM
For jk & Howzit.

Heh.

Don't forget me. ;)

I voted for Obama.

3/4/2008, 03:53 PM
Im sorry but noone could pay me to vote for Hillary. Dont like her, dont trust her. Didnt like her when bill was pres dont like her now.

I will be voting for Obama today...gotta go with the lesser of the two evils here...Haha, good one!

bri
3/4/2008, 05:22 PM

I will be voting for Obama today...gotta go with the lesser of the two evils here...

Don't forget me. ;)

I voted for Obama.

Didn't you people get the memo? You can't run around all willy-nilly, voting for who you want to! There are elections to manipulate!

TexasSooner01
3/4/2008, 05:23 PM
Didn't you people get the memo? You can't run around all willy-nilly, voting for who you want to! There are elections to manipulate!

I thought that was what i was doing....:confused:

SleestakSooner
3/4/2008, 06:34 PM

Wrong... she was whining about Obama getting treated better by the media in general.

She was also implying that the media is not afraid to say negative things about women but they are very afraid of looking bigoted or prejudiced against blacks.

This is what scares the hell out of conservatives, they don't want McCain to run against a democratic candidate that can't be criticized easily.

Do you guys actually believe that Rush didn't realize what Curious George was when he had his good laugh about a child saying Obama looked like the story-book monkey?

3/4/2008, 06:43 PM
Wrong... she was whining about Obama getting treated better by the media in general.

She was also implying that the media is not afraid to say negative things about women but they are very afraid of looking bigoted or prejudiced against blacks.

This is what scares the hell out of conservatives, they don't want McCain to run against a democratic candidate that can't be criticized easily.

Do you guys actually believe that Rush didn't realize what Curious George was when he had his good laugh about a child saying Obama looked like the story-book monkey?There are many folks just waiting to play the reace card against any criticism of Obama. Sorta makes one proud to be a democrat, eh?

Whet
3/4/2008, 06:57 PM
Here is an interesting article from the hometown newspaper, Chicago Sun Times. Knowing something like this wouldn't be in USA Today, the Washington Post or NY Times, I figured some more spice would liven up this thread: LINK (http://www.suntimes.com/news/sweet/823939,CST-NWS-sweet04.article)

Obama talks a lot, but answers little
PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN | Senator hounded by Rezko questions
March 4, 2008
LYNN SWEET blogs.suntimes.com/sweet
SAN ANTONIO -- As Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) closed a combative press conference on Monday, where he was thrown seriously off message being asked about influence peddler Tony Rezko and why his campaign at first denied his economic adviser Austan Goolsbee met the Canadian consul in Chicago and talked about NAFTA, some reporters -- me included -- wanted him to take more questions.
"Guys," said Obama, who is campaigning on a platform that there should be more government transparency. "I mean come on. I just answered like eight questions," he said as he waved and left to a chorus of shouted questions.
I could see why Obama wanted to wrap it up. On the day before crucial votes in Ohio, Texas, Rhode Island and Vermont that could make him the Democratic presidential nominee, Obama, for the first time in his campaign, was facing two potential landmines.
It was just Obama's luck that by coincidence on this particular day he had a contingent of Chicago journalists to deal with who are not, well, shy because we have covered Obama for years. I was there, as well as Sun-Times political columnist Carol Marin and CBS2 political reporter Mike Flannery.
Rezko's federal corruption trial started Monday, and there are still basic questions Obama and his campaign have not answered about their relationship. Rezko was an Obama fund-raiser who figures in the deal that let the Obamas buy their Kenwood home.
Let's leave aside a running disagreement over whether Obama will sit down with the Chicago investigative reporters who are most familiar with the details of the Rezko story. Monday was a new day.
At this press conference, Obama was asked specifically a few of the more simple questions about his relationship with Rezko, including how many fund-raisers he hosted (one has been reported), who attended these fund-raisers and would he disclose the closing documents for his home.
At first he made it seem it had all been asked and answered. But I was at the one press conference he referred to -- in Waukegan in November 2006 before the election, just after the initial wave of stories came out on the house deal. (I reposted the Waukegan transcript on my blog.)
"You may still have questions, which I am happy to answer," Obama said to Marin, adding it is not fair to "suggest somehow" he has been trying to hide something.
Soon after he said, "If there is a specific question that you have, Carol, I'll be happy to respond to it."
Obama added as the press conference progressed, "If there are specific requests in terms of information that you feel that you don't yet have, we will be happy to talk about that."
And then there was the fourth happy. "If there is a specific question that you have, I am happy to respond to it."
For all the happy talk, nothing was forthcoming on Monday.

soonerloyal
3/4/2008, 09:42 PM
Texas...leaning towards giving the majority of delegates to Obama. Hmmm.

Seeing slack-jawed yokels actually showing intelligent behavior...Disturbing - but satisfying.

Too bad their Yankee counterparts in Ohio seem to be drooling on the job.

C'mon - O-Ba-Ma! O-Ba-Ma! O-Ba-Ma!!!
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Posting%20Photos/obamamama1.jpg

soonerloyal
3/7/2008, 03:54 PM
Stupid Texas slack-jawed yokels. :mad:
:D

Sooner_Havok
3/12/2008, 09:31 PM
Well RLIMC, looks like you have gotten your wish

link (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/3/12/81339/4516/40/474909)

I think Hiibush is a republican, they both seem to want to win at any cost.

JohnnyMack
3/12/2008, 09:53 PM
Hillary would stomp on the necks of invalid nuns to get the nomination.

Or so I'm told.

But seriously if Obama could win Pennsylvania it would likely be over. He'll win in NC and Indiana soon after the Pennsylvania primaries and she'd be too far gone at that point to stay in. But she being the cockaroach she is will win in Penn., and then start filing lawsuit after lawsuit to try and get the FL. and MI. delegates. She (not Rush) will tear this party apart for her own gain.