PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Starbucks and Norman

achiro
2/26/2008, 12:42 PM
I thought there was a Starbucks on the East side of the highway up around the wal-marts somewhere. The last time I drove through there I didn't see it, is it still there? Did JR's take over the building?

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 12:45 PM
Just the one by NHS and the one in the Brookhaven Shopping Center at 36th and Robinson.

King Crimson
2/26/2008, 12:49 PM
Just the one by NHS and the one in the Brookhaven Shopping Center at 36th and Robinson.

growing up, if you'd ever told me *the* Taco Mayo across from the High School would be a Starbucks.....i'd still be laughing. that just ain't right.

soonerboomer93
2/26/2008, 01:05 PM
it is?

damn
that was their first store too

GottaHavePride
2/26/2008, 01:08 PM
Taco Malo sucked balls anyway. It's only advantage was cheapness. But for the quality of the food, it STILL cost too much.

yermom
2/26/2008, 01:12 PM

and the one on Campus Corner

GottaHavePride
2/26/2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, that used to be Jimmy John's before JJ's moved north.

Does Campus Corner really nead Jimmy John's, Mr. Goodcents, Which Wich, AND the Fat Sandwich Company? Seems like overkill. Goodcents should be plenty on its own.

King Crimson
2/26/2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, that used to be Jimmy John's before JJ's moved north.

Does Campus Corner really nead Jimmy John's, Mr. Goodcents, Which Wich, AND the Fat Sandwich Company? Seems like overkill. Goodcents should be plenty on its own.

it's like that in the campus area in Boulder, too. way too many places to get a mediocre sammie. it doesn't seem possible they'd all be able to co-exist.

yermom
2/26/2008, 01:16 PM
i don't think i would put Fat Sandwich in that group...

achiro
2/26/2008, 02:12 PM
OK so there was or was not a Starbucks on the East side of 35 in Norman that is or is not still there?

yermom
2/26/2008, 02:18 PM
JR's was Krispy Kreme

i don't remember a Starbucks just East of I-35...

Boarder
2/26/2008, 02:27 PM
OK so there was or was not a Starbucks on the East side of 35 in Norman that is or is not still there?
Yeah, dude, you're thinking of Krispy Kreme. They did serve coffee, maybe that's what you were thinking.

Taxman71
2/26/2008, 02:29 PM
There is a Starbucks inside the new SuperTarget on the east side of I-35 at the Robinson exit. I have gotten 2 room temperature coffees there before and am generally afraid to go back.

KC//CRIMSON
2/27/2008, 08:33 PM
People Take Full-Sized Desktops Into Starbucks To Use Free Wi-Fi Service

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/02/26/starbuck-desktops.jpg

Improv Everywhere, an improv troupe that is always up to some sort of ridiculous shenanigans, is at it again. This time a group of them bring full-sized desktop computers (complete with CRTs) into Starbucks to take advantage of the free Wi-Fi. Oh the hilarity. You should see the looks on the faces of bystanders. They're all totally thinking WTF. What a great prank. Almost as awesome as the prank when I hid under my girlfriend's bed and was going to scare her when she went to sleep. It was hilarious! She came home with my boss and another one of my coworkers and took turns doing them while I cried silently and tried to avoid the bedsprings. Yeah, I got her good.-SF

Video after the jump, along with another one of their improv skits in which a ton of them come to a dead stop in Grand Central Station for five minutes. That one is actually worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKEeHREK2nQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo