PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Moment of Truth last night?

Osce0la
2/26/2008, 09:50 AM
Last night was the first time I had watched...Wow...:eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
2/26/2008, 10:25 AM
Do you think your a good person?" question after all those confessions was greatness

sooner_born_1960
2/26/2008, 10:25 AM
What's it about?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/26/2008, 10:26 AM
BTW, there is no way I would go on that show

stoops the eternal pimp
2/26/2008, 10:31 AM
What's it about?

I assume(because I ve never watched the full show) that they ask the person a bunch of questions while on a polygraph, then they get money for telling the truth in front of an audience when they re-ask the questions. The only other time I watched it they asked questions to this guy like "Have you ever made racial or ethnic jokes about your fiancee's family?" with them all sitting right there in the audience...He answers yes and gets money but now probably isnt getting married anymore...

This girl last night..She admitted to all kinds of improper marital stuff with her husband there...for money

achiro
2/26/2008, 10:32 AM
I've never seen it, I did see previews for last nights show.
"If your ex wanted to get back together would youleave your husband"

Did she really say yes like the previews made it seem? Did the husband get up and walk out?

soonerbrat
2/26/2008, 10:36 AM
the show is getting a little better..seems to be speeding up a bit..they just drag out the answers so long it drives me crazy.

didn't watch last night though so i don't know the answer to achiro's question

OUAndy1807
2/26/2008, 10:41 AM
this show is proof that our society is ****ed.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/26/2008, 10:46 AM
I've never seen it, I did see previews for last nights show.
"If your ex wanted to get back together would youleave your husband"

Did she really say yes like the previews made it seem? Did the husband get up and walk out?

They have a family member or friend that has a button stop the questioning if it gets a little to deep..Her sister pushed it on the question so she didnt answer it...But basically their marriage was as good as done with all the other questions she answered

C&CDean
2/26/2008, 10:58 AM
Survivor, AI, and all the other trash has led us to this even worse trash. WTF is wrong with you people?

And no, I didn't see the show last night, or any other night. The previews were enough to make me think "so, we've got a high tech Jerry Springer now. Gooooooody."

Boomer.....
2/26/2008, 11:02 AM
They have a family member or friend that has a button stop the questioning if it gets a little to deep..Her sister pushed it on the question so she didnt answer it...But basically their marriage was as good as done with all the other questions she answered
After they pushed the button, they had her ex ask a new question: Do you think I (the ex) should be the one you are married to?

She said yes!

Then we found out that she has cheated on him.

Beef
2/26/2008, 11:03 AM
He answers yes and gets money but now probably isnt getting married anymore...
So he really won some money and saved some money and stress. Sounds like a win to me.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 11:06 AM
Damn...I miss the good ones.

scotplum
2/26/2008, 11:37 AM
What are the odds these are even "real" people? How would we know if they simply were paid actors?

frankensooner
2/26/2008, 11:38 AM
Polygraphs are a load of crap. They are easily manipulated and never accurate.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 11:40 AM
Yah...Frank fails it every time the "Are you sure this is a legitimate pole?" question pops up and he clicks "hell yes!" :P

OUAndy1807
2/26/2008, 11:44 AM
Polygraphs are a load of crap. They are easily manipulated and never accurate.
especially with these types of questions.

Ross33
2/26/2008, 12:22 PM
She actually didn't win any money. She answered truthfully to all her marital questions, including infidelity, but kept risking it all.

Then the show asked her if she thought she was a good person, and she answered "yes." The polygraph apparently disagreed, so she lost everything. Including her marriage, I would guess.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 12:27 PM
Now that's poetic justice!

Mongo
2/26/2008, 12:31 PM
the show is fake, or the family knew all about his stuff before hand and she was just trying to get paid.

after she lost and she started walking towards her family, the husband goes in to give her a hug. I would have pimp slapped the woman

Boomer.....
2/26/2008, 12:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Why on earth would he go and be the first to hug her?

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 12:40 PM
So he could save face on national television?

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 01:13 PM
America is the new Rome.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/26/2008, 02:00 PM
After they pushed the button, they had her ex ask a new question: Do you think I (the ex) should be the one you are married to?

She said yes!

Then we found out that she has cheated on him.

Sounds like a classy woman. Her a$$ needs to hit the curb. If the husband sticks around he is dumber than a sack of rocks.

Or as has been suggested, this is Jerry Springer fake!

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 02:14 PM
Damn...I miss the good ones.They have a web site you could listen to. They cut out all the boring stuff, except for this allergy commercial. :D

NormanPride
2/26/2008, 02:18 PM
This is what is wrong with America, people.

soonerscuba
2/26/2008, 02:20 PM
America is the new Rome.

Just wait until we tire of bread and circus.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 02:22 PM
America is the new Rome.

http://wisportsconsin.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/gladiator5.jpg

Are you not entertained?

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 02:25 PM
This is what is wrong with America, people.No, THIS is whats wrong with America.

School 1967 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1967 - Vice principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his own shotgun to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lockdown, the FBI is called, Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in to assist traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2007 - Police are called, SWAT team arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. They are charged with assault and both are expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra state funding because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some Aspirin to school.

1967 - Mark shares Aspirin with the school principal out on the smoking dock.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug violations. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. US Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover Independence Day firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1967 - Ants die.

2007 - Homeland Security and the FBI are called and Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during recess and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1967 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in federal prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy

Osce0la
2/26/2008, 02:29 PM
nm

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 02:29 PM
All of it's right...including the ADD part.

I'm so ****ing sick of how quickly those bastage doctors are to diagnose ADD and ADHD on people who are just stupid and don't WANT to sit still when there are folks like me who HAD (cause you can outgrow it) ADHD and had to take ritalin. What ended ritalin for me? I was sick and tired of using it as a crutch and decided to succeed in school on my own...of course, that minor stroke I had my freshman year of high school helped in that decision (prolly induced by the ritalin).

Osce0la
2/26/2008, 02:32 PM
My wife said they had decided not to even air that episode, but eventually decided they would...

I think the husband is leaving her a** and wanted all of America to see the kind of person she was...

But during that whole thing, I wanted to look at my wife and just say "Well, to be fair, you can easily say he outkicked his coverage by even dating her"...but thought it would be in my best interest to not even make that joke. :D

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 02:36 PM
So was this chick hawt?

soonerbrat
2/26/2008, 02:39 PM
OLD VERSION: The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!
-------------------------------------------

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grassho pper n ext to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.' Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of single-parent welf are re cipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of ******* who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

frankensooner
2/26/2008, 02:39 PM
http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=mot

soonerbrat
2/26/2008, 02:41 PM
there, i starred out the bad word for PG

frankensooner
2/26/2008, 02:43 PM
Step 1:
Open the hood.

Step 2:
Locate your air filter, usually found on top of the engine. On cars with carburetors it is in a round piece of metal about the size of a medium pizza; fuel-injected cars have square or rectangular air filter housings that may be off to the side of the engine.

Step 3:
Unscrew or unclamp the top to the air filter housing.

Step 4:
Lift out the air filter. It should be a round or rectangular filter made of paper or plastic, with a rubber rim.

Step 5:
Clean the area with a vacuum cleaner or seal the top of the carburetor. This will keep debris out of the carburetor as you continue to clean the housing.

Step 6:
Clean out any dirt or bugs from the inside of the air filter housing with a rag.

Step 7:
Replace the filter with a new filter. Consult your manual to determine the proper filter for your car.

Step 8:
Replace the cover and close the hood.

Sorry, I just wanted to cut and paste something too. ;)

soonerscuba
2/26/2008, 02:46 PM
No, THIS is whats wrong with America.

Forwarded email

When do we kill MLK, Malcolm X and RFK for being meddlers? Seeing as it's 1967. Nostalgia is a dangerous eye.

SoonerStormchaser
2/26/2008, 02:47 PM
So was this chick hawt?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

soonerbrat
2/26/2008, 02:53 PM
Step 1:
Open the hood.

Step 2:
Locate your air filter, usually found on top of the engine. On cars with carburetors it is in a round piece of metal about the size of a medium pizza; fuel-injected cars have square or rectangular air filter housings that may be off to the side of the engine.

Step 3:
Unscrew or unclamp the top to the air filter housing.

Step 4:
Lift out the air filter. It should be a round or rectangular filter made of paper or plastic, with a rubber rim.

Step 5:
Clean the area with a vacuum cleaner or seal the top of the carburetor. This will keep debris out of the carburetor as you continue to clean the housing.

Step 6:
Clean out any dirt or bugs from the inside of the air filter housing with a rag.

Step 7:
Replace the filter with a new filter. Consult your manual to determine the proper filter for your car.

Step 8:
Replace the cover and close the hood.

Sorry, I just wanted to cut and paste something too. ;)

mine was funnier.

OUAndy1807
2/26/2008, 03:05 PM
yeah, the good old days, right?

Scenario: Woman doesn't have dinner ready for her husband
1967- Husband beats wife.
Scenario: Child does poorly in school because of an undiagnosed learning disability
1967- Father beats child.
Scenario: A worker is injured on the job
1967- His company fires him.

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 03:14 PM

Scenario: Child does poorly in school because of an undiagnosed learning disability
Yeah, its so much better now that husbands don't beat wives, kids don't fall through the cracks and employers don't fire people they don't want for whatever reason they can come up with. ;)

OUAndy1807
2/26/2008, 03:18 PM
I just like to point out that life on earth before I was born sucked.

Sooner_Bob
2/26/2008, 03:19 PM
When do we kill MLK, Malcolm X and RFK for being meddlers? Seeing as it's 1967. Nostalgia is a dangerous eye.

Exactly how common do think it was for this to have happened?

Longing for times past might be a little quirky, but if you guys (or anyone else) honestly believes that Mama's email doesn't have just a few valid points you really should reconsider you opinion of it.

While I agree that events have occurred that have changed "the way things are done" dontcha think it's just gone a little overboard the other way?

OUAndy1807
2/26/2008, 03:27 PM
While I agree that events have occurred that have changed "the way things are done" dontcha think it's just gone a little overboard the other way?
how do you make an oppossing point rationally with someone who is being irrational? The original e-mail was ridiculous, so my response was equally ridiculous the other way

MamaMia
2/26/2008, 05:06 PM
how do you make an oppossing point rationally with someone who is being irrational? The original e-mail was ridiculous, so my response was equally ridiculous the other wayThey call them the GOOD ole days for a reason, you smart mouthed whippersnapper. :D