PDA

View Full Version : This just in...

Okla-homey
2/26/2008, 08:53 AM
Hillary is circling the bowl, although she continues to command the support of old white women. ;)

AP Poll: Obama Catches Clinton Across US
Feb 25, 4:42 PM (ET)

By ALAN FRAM and TREVOR TOMPSON

WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama has taken clear leads over Hillary Rodham Clinton among white men, middle-income earners and liberals, allowing him to catch his faltering rival in their race for the Democratic presidential nomination, a national poll showed Monday.

The Associated Press-Ipsos poll highlights how the bottom is falling out among some supporters of Clinton, the New York senator, since the last survey was taken two weeks ago. Since that poll, Obama has gained momentum by winning 11 consecutive primaries and caucuses while taking a small lead among delegates to the party's convention this summer.

The Illinois senator leads Clinton by 23 percentage points among white men and by 17 points among liberals - groups that were evenly divided between the two in early February. He has a similar advantage among people earning $50,000 to $100,000 annually - whom she led earlier by 13 points.

Clinton maintains robust leads among some groups that have been cornerstones of her candidacy, including those age 65 and up and white women.

swardboy
2/26/2008, 09:14 AM
I'm probably one the very few on this board that saw JFK in the flesh, and I'm struck by the similarity in his campaign and BHO's. It's been fascinating to watch the mainstream media fawn over Barry and do a 180 on the Clinton's.

While I think JFK was light years ahead of Barry in substance, his election was mainly due to style and Papa Joe's manipulation of the mafia election machine. The world noted that he was a political lightweight...the Pentagon manipulated him into the Bay of Pigs fiasco, and Kruschev was emboldened to take the world to the brink of nuclear disaster.

I can't imagine how the Islamo-facists will jump for joy at the election of BHO....and jump into action.

Curly Bill
2/26/2008, 10:19 AM
I can't imagine how the Islamo-facists will jump for joy at the election of BHO....and jump into action.

You do know that he's one of them right? ;) ;)

C&CDean
2/26/2008, 10:34 AM
Kennedy would have ****ed this country up beyond repair if ol' Lee didn't off him. Or whoever the hell offed him.

If it weren't for that day in Dallas, Kennedy would be another answer to an obscure trivia question.

Condescending Sooner
2/26/2008, 10:49 AM
That's what scares me about Obama. Too idealistic, and thinks government can solve all the little guy's problems. He is also strongly against banning partial birth abortions which to me is one of the most heinous acts known to man.